NEurope
ReZourceman

Rollercoaster Thread

Oh Retro...you'll love this one (unless you've seen before)

haha Brilliant! :D

Must be awesome too, because you're almost lying down, so would be kinda standing up on the steep drop!

Rainbow Magicland? xD

I got two thoughts from that video, a newer edgier Disney without any of the charm and appeal. But with more advanced rides.

And then I began to think what Disney World would be like if they could rebuild it. And whether it would look as cool as some of the features of this Rainbow Magicland.

Without charm or appeal? The exterior theming of all that stuff is amazing, and it isn't even open/finishing touches yet! You're spoking durgs!

The costumed people are creepy, I'd be crossing over Main Street right there!

Theming all looks a bit too desert-like (hints of the Islands of Adventure/Journey to Atlantis/Busch Gardens).... would be nice if there was a bit more variation. Throw some trees in there!

Without charm or appeal? The exterior theming of all that stuff is amazing, and it isn't even open/finishing touches yet! You're spoking durgs!

It clearly has no charm, it's all edgier stuff. Which might be great for me and you, but not so for the young'uns. Lets not beat around the bush if the rides are great I couldn't give a hoot what the buildings around looked like, but it's the kids who are impressionable and love that shit.

And by lacking appeal I mean kids recognise Disney, they know the characters they've got that attachment straight off the bat, what does 'Rainbow Magicland' have that appeals to the masses? Other than a fantastically shite name.

Don't get me wrong, what they've built looks great. Hence my thinking in my previous post at what Disney could do if they rebuilt.

I think that looked very cool! The theming looks really good, so much detail, wow! It feels like a bit of a mix of steampunk and lots of old civilisations heh.

In some parts it reminds me of Terra Mitica from Spain, though that is solely focused on Egypt, Rome and Greece, whereas this seems to have a bit of everything.

terra_mitica_theme_park_benidorm.jpg

Awesome!

Have Thorpe Park got permission yet?

Probably/no/theres no reason to think it'll be a problem/.

It was originally going to be higher but they talked with the council to compromise its height, so the council basically influenced it.

But..Raptor looks so good. LC12 won't be anywhere near as good if we're being honest.

Probably/no/theres no reason to think it'll be a problem/.

It was originally going to be higher but they talked with the council to compromise its height, so the council basically influenced it.

But..Raptor looks so good. LC12 won't be anywhere near as good if we're being honest.

Well, steady on - what makes you think that? I was under the impression that Thorpe's will be taller, longer (slightly) and with more elements/inversions? Size isn't everything, but I haven't seen anything that make me thing it'll be inferior. Did the council make them change the early plans, or the ones we've seen in this thread?

Raptor:

2624' 8"

98' 5"

Corkscrew

Zero-G Roll

In-Line Twist

LC12:

2788'

126'

Inline twist/half loop

Zero G roll

Corkscrew

Inline etc etc

http://www.rcdb.com

(OH no, I'm really talking about the theming. As in the trains, all the broken and ripped cages, etc and we're only getting about three or four individual bits....

.....one of them being a passenger plane....but still! Lol.)

I just don't think it will be upto the same standard. I guess I can't comment yet though.

And the council made them alter the previous plans that weren't released. So the ones they have shown are with the councils height requests in.

Went to Clacton today and photographed the new Pinfari Z40. It is named "Stella's Revenge" after the pier's old Steel Stella woodie, which I think is a lovely touch. The coaster isn't yet open, but I look forward to riding it when it is.

stella2.jpg

stelladrops.jpg

stellaskelter.jpg

stellastack2.jpg

So i had never really been on rides and i'm now 23... Always been scared of them to be honest.

Miss Mike1988uk loves them and today i decided to face my fears and went to Alton Towers!

For those who have been i went on Thirteen, Log Flume, Air, Rapids, Duel and Nemisis. I went on them in that order.

After plenty of shitting myself and panacking etc i fucking loved it. I may have screamed like a girl and to calm myself i was shouting random shit, according my gf i shouted 'it's a me, a mario' at one point! wtf right? Haha.

Two pictures from Log Flume and Air (quality isn't as good as i taken photo of photo on iphone.

IMG_0702.jpgIMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

You didn't go on Oblivion?! Probably my favourite there, up with Nemesis.

You didn't go on Oblivion?! Probably my favourite there, up with Nemesis.

One step at a time! haha.

I had never even been on a loop till today etc.

When i got off nemisis as much as i loved it i felt light headed, dizzy and bit sick. It was about 15:30 and decided to call it a day there. It was that and Rita out of the 'main' rides that i didn't go on, gives me something new to go to next time etc! (yeah i know i was a wuss, but i basically popped my cherry today in the rollercoaster aspect!)

Just made up that i went there and went on some rides which i ended up loving!

I am scared of heights and until I went to Alton Towers on a 2 (or 3, can't remember) day trip a few years ago I was petrified of thrill rides. Couldn't do them at all, stuck with the kiddy coasters and the teacups.

So what possessed me to go on Oblivion I'll never know. Considering I had been to Orlando a few years before and missed out on half of the rides, backing out of Hulk at the last minute and such. I queued up for Oblivion, and sat on the ride, constantly fearing what was ahead. Then the seats locked in to place. We start moving, I want to get off. I'm panicking. I knew what was coming up. What was I thinking? I might die! We might crash! This is stupid. I'm stupid. Get me off get me off. Oh god. We're coming round to the drop now. I know what's about to happen.

....*click*...

...and I come out the other side swearing like a madman, experiencing an incredible rush of adrenaline and feeling incredible. I instantly get back on the ride for another go. I then go back and do all the coasters I had missed during the stay, Air and such, and love them all..

Basically; Oblivion cured me of my fear of thrill rides. I'll take on almost any rollercoaster now. I still won't do rides like the pirate ships that hang you upside down and stuff, but other than that, they're fair game.

Thanks Oblivion, I owe you one. I'll return one day. :D

I've never been on a roller codaster...I needs a rollercoaster roto take my rollercoaster virginity!!!

which do you sugest? Mr all-mighty rezourceman sir

I've never been on a roller codaster...I needs a rollercoaster roto take my rollercoaster virginity!!!

which do you sugest? Mr all-mighty rezourceman sir

Alton Towers basically. Thorpe has good rides too, but its super-duper chavvy these days and its not as "magical" as Alton Towers. Alton Towers is a proper theme park, large, and segmented into different areas that you can't see from the next area, set in a beautiful gardens with some absolutely mind blowingly good rides (not just roller coasters. For example Hex is absolutely amazing in terms of ride, story and theming...its excellent) and just great, clean, and awesome.

Whereas Thorpe, although it does have some amazing rides (Nemesis Inferno, Saw, Stealth) it is effectively just a flat piece of concrete with rides on. And theming isn't mind blowing (Although on Saw its excellent, Inferno its good, and Tidal Wave its great) but other than that. Myeeaarrh.

But definitely do Alton Towers. If you don't want to take a massive plunge as Dyson did (which you should anyway really.....and well done to Dyson. To lose virginity to Oblivion is pretty impressive) but its got world class coasters at Alton. Oblivion is just incredible. The best drop on any coaster, it is FUN. Pure fun. It is not scary or a bad feeling (i.e. Apocalypse at Drayton Manor. That pushes you to the ground, your stomach goes flying out of your mouth) Oblivion is not like that. Its a rush.

Nemesis is disorientating and classed as one of the most intense coasters in the world (so Mike, in terms of that its at the peak of what you can experience). Thirteen is a family ride so you could try that first if you wanted a lead in kind of thing. Then Air is incredibly smooth and fun as all hell.

Basically = win.

---------------

Krake looks amazing. (At Heide Park)

(Although confusing as it must be having some work done to it as it is supposed to drop into the Krakens mouth)

205489_10150157088696629_120907856628_6479916_7730175_n.jpg

Nemesis is disorientating and classed as one of the most intense coasters in the world (so Mike, in terms of that its at the peak of what you can experience). Thirteen is a family ride so you could try that first if you wanted a lead in kind of thing. Then Air is incredibly smooth and fun as all hell.

Basically = win.

Yeah, if my body wasn't shit and didn't feel dizzy and bit sick after Nemesis i would have loved to have rejoined the que as it was definatly an AMAZING feeling.

Air was ace also, i may have failed at the pose but i FELT like Superman! Definatly gave a differen't experience to the other coasters ;)

For example Hex is absolutely amazing in terms of ride, story and theming...its excellent) and just great, clean, and awesome.

No, it's not. It's short and shit.

I've just read in First Drop (sorry if you've mentioned this, Rez) that Krake has 6-across cars and standard B&M gauge. Just shows how my trainspotter-esque mind works, but this makes it more appealing to me, for some reason. I always felt Dive Machines were the odd ones out with their double gauge. I wonder if they can even do vertical loops now?

As for the "scared of coasters" topic, I've never had a significant fear of roller coasters, but I've never been fearless either. I think some of them are more intimidating rather than actually scary to ride. When you leave the lift hill and start rolling at speed, you get a sense that you can do anything. For this reason, I used to call them "super hero simulators".