NEurope
ReZourceman

Rollercoaster Thread

Agree on blackhole though. Apparently it moved to japan or something :S

..wut?

does tower of terror count? best. ride. ever!! the one at tokyo disneySea is fantastic - you get a view of the entire park AND fuji-san/the bay.

:red: i miss it so...

Nar surely not!

Oblivion > Nemesis > Rita > Air > Corkscrew

Air is just too slow and corkscrew annihilates your head.

Agree on blackhole though. Apparently it moved to japan or something :S

I really like Rita, but other than the AWESOME start it's over WAY too quick.

Air certainly isn't the most exhilerating ride, but it's always a lot of fun.

And yeah, the last time I went on Corkscrew it seriously smashes your head around, was really uncomfortable and just no fun; and havn't bothered again since. It's wierd because I'm sure it used to be good?!

Shockwave at Drayton Manor is another class ride!

..wut?

does tower of terror count? best. ride. ever!! the one at tokyo disneySea is fantastic - you get a view of the entire park AND fuji-san/the bay.

:red: i miss it so...

Tower Of Terror isn't a rollercoaster.

However I love it (the one in Florida). That and Dr.Doom's Fear Fall are epic, as they actually inject real fear into you, and you feel properly on edge, something roller coasters don't actually do (to frequent riders).

Tower Of Terror isn't a rollercoaster.

However I love it (the one in Florida). That and Dr.Doom's Fear Fall are epic, as they actually inject real fear into you, and you feel properly on edge, something roller coasters don't actually do (to frequent riders).

Indeed drop towers are the only rides that instill fear in me. They FORCE air out of your stomach and make you scream (well they do for me)

Apocalypse at Drayton Manor is mental. Its stand up....and when you get to the top, it tilts you outwards. (a bit) :hmm:

:D

Apocalypse at Drayton Manor is mental. Its stand up....and when you get to the top, it tilts you outwards. (a bit) :hmm:
Yeah when I went on it and saw it was either sit or stand, I thought ahh just go for it... stand up baby!!... but that tilt at the top was a bitch!!

Do you find Oblivion as bad as Drop Towers?... as it's essentially a very short face forward skydive!

I really like Rita, but other than the AWESOME start it's over WAY too quick.

Air certainly isn't the most exhilerating ride, but it's always a lot of fun.

And yeah, the last time I went on Corkscrew it seriously smashes your head around, was really uncomfortable and just no fun; and havn't bothered again since. It's wierd because I'm sure it used to be good?!

Shockwave at Drayton Manor is another class ride!

Yeah thats the reason Rita is 3rd. Just too short but brilliant while it lasts anyway.

I always remember when in the 1st week of rita opening the queue was like 2+ hours long so we went to the single rider queue. Thing is when they opened up the ride they let all of the single riders on 1st for some reason so we only had to queue for like 5 mins :awesome:

Yeah when I went on it and saw it was either sit or stand, I thought ahh just go for it... stand up baby!!... but that tilt at the top was a bitch!!

Do you find Oblivion as bad as Drop Towers?... as it's essentially a very short face forward skydive!

No contest, I find drop towers much scarier. Drop towers actually push you down, at an extremely rapid rate. Oblivion is just gravity. I love Oblivion and would like to ride more "Dive Machines" ie Sheikra...

Also you say very short, but its drop is actually 180 feet in total, the same height as Apocalypse. [/fact]

I'll get to Florida one day. Was gonna go this year but funds have prevented it. :cry:

Also you say very short, but its drop is actually 180 feet in total, the same height as Apocalypse. [/fact]
Really?... though I always feel oblivion is over when you enter the tunnel, that's when I get that sense it's finished, plus the rails start to curve out at that point to bring you back to the start.

There's a great theme park in North Carolina I've been to called Carowinds, though don't think all these were there when I went years back, but there are some great ones!

http://www.carowinds.com/attractions/category.cfm?ac_id=1

Really?... though I always feel oblivion is over when you enter the tunnel, that's when I get that sense it's finished, plus the rails start to curve out at that point to bring you back to the start.

Yeah, Oblivion would be so much better if it did more. Maybe just a few more turns and straights when you get out, maybe through tunnels or a building, would add so much but unfortunately not.

But yeah the drop feels tiny but is massive.

The trains for Manta look kind of amazing. (Sea Worlds, B&M flying ala Air, on the previous page/above)

manta1147.jpg

45394577.jpg

Wow, i really need to go back to Florida. Its been a few years so there should be lots of good new stuff!

Best ride ever for me is Eejanaika at Fuji-Q land in Japan. Think Nemesis. Now think of an even more insane track. Now think of it going even faster. Now think of your seats spinning as you go round. And finally, think of the view of Mount Fuji. Unbeatable. Has a world record for number of spins i think.

eejanaika.jpg

japan-roller-coaster.jpg

rolc4yu9.jpg

That does indeed look awesome. The whole seat spinning thing is such a great idea and adds to the feeling of disorientation that rollercoasters give. Would be nice to see it used in them closer to home.

God, if only I had some money, I'd so go and visit all these cool parks to ride the awesome rollercoasters and the other rides. I so love these things, yet I rarely get to goooo.

These rides that have been posted seem really great! =D

My top tip if you are to thorpe park is without a doubt the tea cup ride! Its easily the best ride there if you have 4 or 5 fairly strong friends that can turn the tea cup fast enough. You can really build up the Gs on it its really quite deceptive! The best part is everyone else is usually on the other rides so you dont have to queue!

God, if only I had some money, I'd so go and visit all these cool parks to ride the awesome rollercoasters and the other rides. I so love these things, yet I rarely get to goooo.

These rides that have been posted seem really great! =D

Get ole' Flinky to take you to Thorpe Park next time you're here.

Its;

A) Reasonably close to Brighton (In the grand scheme of things)

B) UKs second most premier park

C) Extremely awesome.

My top tip if you are to thorpe park is without a doubt the tea cup ride! Its easily the best ride there if you have 4 or 5 fairly strong friends that can turn the tea cup fast enough. You can really build up the Gs on it its really quite deceptive! The best part is everyone else is usually on the other rides so you dont have to queue!

Oh its amazing. I wouldn't say best in the park though lol.

Alton Towers is far better than Thorpe Park, but yeah, its not bad for a day out.

Rez, it just looks very sedate. The only high point (no pun intended) is the vertical climb and descent and that's it. All of the twists and turns look so lethargic. Really, it does pale in comparison to what I've been on before. And I'm a rollercoaster nut like you but seriously, very sedate. Not enough speed for my liking from that video. If you've been on the Hulk in florida you'll know what sort of speed I want in my rollercoasters. :awesome:

You can't claim to be a themepark nut then reference Florida don't get me wrong I love Florida like really love it i've been there 15+ times went twice last year and im off there again in 7 weeks but back to my point the coasters there arent that amazing. If you wanna talk real coasters its all about Six Flags Magic Mountain and Cedar Point. Also for the record in my opinion the best coaster in Florida is Montu in Busch Gardens followed closely by Kraken at Sea World then with Dueling Dragons and Hulk fighting for my third spot. I think if Hulk didn't have the launch Dueling Dragons would easily be my third.

Well Saw The Ride is officially open, I now have to avoid spoilers for five days.

In news....Alton Towers was granted planning permission for its 2010 coaster. We should start finding out solid information about it soon. (Seen the track/general them is "Alton Towers Ruins") will be going in Corkscrews place, will be a worlds first, track is non-inverting, and is switch back (train goes forward, the track behind it switches to a different track, the train rolls back along a new path)

Well Saw The Ride is officially open, I now have to avoid spoilers for five days.

In news....Alton Towers was granted planning permission for its 2010 coaster. We should start finding out solid information about it soon. (Seen the track/general them is "Alton Towers Ruins") will be going in Corkscrews place, will be a worlds first, track is non-inverting, and is switch back (train goes forward, the track behind it switches to a different track, the train rolls back along a new path)

Sounds interesting.......................

I've not really visited many theme parks in my life so far, not really near one except Oakwood, and i've done that one enough times to know where each ride is etc. Should really get out more hehehe

My favourite rollercoaster is probably air. It's not particularly crazy or anything, I just though that laying on your front was amazing. Plus Superman poses never get old. Ever.

Nemesis is evil. I came off feeling queezy and didn't throw up untill right at the front of the Air queue. In my defence, I had to take my glasses off on Nemesis and everything was blurry all the way round. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

My favourite rollercoaster is probably air. It's not particularly crazy or anything, I just though that laying on your front was amazing. Plus Superman poses never get old. Ever.

Nemesis is evil. I came off feeling queezy and didn't throw up untill right at the front of the Air queue. In my defence, I had to take my glasses off on Nemesis and everything was blurry all the way round. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I've got "roller coaster glasses" lol. My Quicksilver (normal) ones would fall off, (well they wouldn't...but they would on particularly rough rides/are worrying) but my old glasses have curved ear bits, and are tight so stay on...they are just a slightly old prescription, but it allows me to see, as opposed to "blur". : peace:

I went on this ; (Think Rameses Revenge)

foto13.JPG

And my glasses practically fell off, as they held us upside down at one point.

I love Air. I might write a list of my favourite rides.

I've never been to Florida. :(

And people (possibly?) remember the story of my Six Flags Great Adventure fiasco. :(:cry:

I hate wearing glasses at "action" events. I dropped my glasses and lost a shoe at the same time at a gig once. I only had time to grab one before the crowd fell on me. I went home with a soggy foot that night.

I remember waiting in the queue for Rita and seeing someone sat in one of the rollercoaster cars being all "hard" and joking around. The last I saw of him was a petrified face being wanged down the track. I have never seen a face go from smugness to sheer terror so fast.

I used to be pretty much scared of anything like rollercoasters when I was a kid. I try to make up for it now by always having my arms in the air all the way round. It's the only way to truely enjoy rollercoasters!

Okay this might be a fun game, list the coasters you've been on, and rate in order.

First of all, heres the list seperated by park.

Alton Towers

Nemesis

Air

Oblivion

Rita

Corkscrew

Spinball Whizzer

Runaway Minetrain

Thorpe Park

Stealth

Nemesis Inferno

Colossus

Flying Fish

X;/ No Way Out

Chessington

Dragons Fury

Rattlesnake

Vampire

Runaway Mine Train

Disneyland Paris

Big Thunder Mountain

Space Mountain

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril Backwards

Disney Studios

Rock N Roller Coaster Featuring Aerosmith

Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Avalanche

The Pepsi Max Big One

Irn Bru Revolution

Legoland

Jungle Coaster

Dragon Coaster

The Dragons Apprentice

Drayton Manor

Shockwave

American Adventure

Double Looper

The Missile

Duinrell

Kikker 8 Baan

Brighton Pier

Turbo

I have been on 31 coasters. Here they are in order of greatness from worst to best.

31) Runaway Minetrain - Chessington

runaway.jpg

Extremely generic and pretty boring. Effectively nothing special about the ride whatsoever.

30) Turbo - Brighton Pier

turbomain.jpg

Painfully uncomfortable, and boring elements. The loop however is good - very tiny, so very intense.

29) The Dragons Apprentice - Legoland Windsor

legw_drga.jpg

Not a bad coaster at all, but junior and a generic layout. It is saved by some good aspects of theming, and even pulling some nice G's on one of the bends.

28) Kikker 8 Baan - Duinrell

p3605.jpg

Going in and out of trees, and rocks, insanely fun, goes round multiple times, fast as buggery. Great coaster in the middle of a theme park in the middle of a forest (basically), also crazily long train. :heh:

27) Irn Bru Revolution - Blackpool Pleasure Beach

avalandd-1.jpg

Just a loop...then backwards. Boring. Great colour scheme however.

26) Flying Fish - Thorpe Park (pre-move and refurbish)

Flying_fish.jpg

Classic, fun and thrilling, with pretty much no view of the whole ride. Will be missed.

25) Twin Looper - American Adventure

aa_tl.jpg

Holds a special place in my heart, as my first ever inverting roller coaster. Not bad inversions at all, but just quite boring. Interesting trains, with seats facing forwards and backwards.

24) The Missile - American Adventure

4508690371.jpg

Probably the most generic and "cookie cutter" coaster in existent, theres hundreds of these exact coasters in the world. Doesn't make it particularly bad, a nice loop and cobra roll. Steep. Highish.

23) Corkscrew - Alton Towers

corkscrew.jpg

So very painful, but so very classic. *Salutes*

22) Avalanche - Blackpool Pleasure Beach

avalandd-1.jpg

The only bobsleigh type ride I've been on, and its very enjoyable. You lie down, (well almost) and it weaves in and out, sliding etc. Pretty fun.

21) Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril Backwards - Disneyland Paris

IndianaJones004.jpg

Can be painful, if you don't hold your head back, but well themed and fairly fast, rapid and intense.

20) Rattlesnake - Chessington

2427818516_063feb5470.jpg?v=0

Very fun indeed, head choppery, quick and intense, dips, a perfect mouse ride.

19) Shockwave - Drayton Manor

2423601827_a8852ba499.jpg?v=0

A stand up steal coaster, minimal theming, but mediumish/highish and nice inversions.

18) Jungle Coaster - Legoland Windsor

lego37.jpg

Really rather fun, nice first drop, picks up speed with very tight corners.

17) Dragon Coaster - Legoland Windsor

6456443_46fae877d3.jpg?v=0

Ridiculously fun, for such a junior ride. Extremely well themed indoor section, with temperature and smells, the outdoors for an exhilirating and broad adventure with good elements, and turns and long. Really awesome ride.

16) Space Mountain - Disneyland Paris

space2.jpg

Great theming, I love indoor coasters, good elements, interesting inversions, a bit painful, especially after multi rides, but still excellent

15) X;/ No Way Out - Thorpe Park

x.jpg

The worrrldldss only backwards in the dark roller coaster. I love its immersiveness, and the disorientation you get from it, also love the really long and themed ish queue line.

14) Big Thunder Mountain - Disneyland Paris

mountainbook_paris.jpg

The definition of how to do a runaway mine train. Massively long, fantastic and uncomprimisingly large theming, and elements. A true "journey".

Edited by ReZourceman