NEurope
ReZourceman

Rollercoaster Thread

I can never get YouTube videos to embed on here, but here's a NoLimits approximation of the ride:

EDIT - Aha, thanks Retro Link!

Edited by Grazza

Went to Thorpe Park today and although the forecast was awful, the heavy rain managed to keep itself at bay until the end of the day.

Thorpe Park for me, pisses all over any other theme park in the UK.

Saw - Quality, really fun rollercoaster. First time I've been on it. Loved it.

Stealth - Another first for me, amazing ride. A little short. Dived on it a second time 5 minutes before closing as it was bucketing it down, rain stung the face and the seat had 3 inches of water in it. xD

Saw Alive - Was really quite funny didn't think I'd like it, but there were lots of jumps/scares and loads of laughs.

Slammer - Killed me, hate shit like this. But I wasn't going to back down in front of the lads.

Samurai - Same as above.

Nemesis Inferno/Colossus/Rapids/Log Flume/ X:\ No Way Out / Detonator /Vortex /Quantum/ Zodiac - Standard.

Managed to get all these rides in. And got frisked on my way in just for extra.. :nono:

that Swarm thing sounds fucking badman. Think I'd actually consider going to Thorpe for that one.

Alton Towers 2013 = Eurofighter (Saw).

Errmm....and it is ABSOLUTELY fucking mammoth.

I'm counting potentially more than 9 inversions, so potentially worlds first 12 inverting. Maybe.#

sw7planoverview.png

I'm on such a crappy netbook that I can't adequately link good pictures, but yes it will have a vertical drop (it won't necessarily drop into a hole, although it might - it is 75 feet high and has a drop of 100 feet). It goes underground at points.

There are more pictures here.

http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov.uk/publicaccess/tdc/DcApplication/application_detailview.aspx?keyval=LWI1WJPG0D700&searchtype=PROPERTY&module=P3

It has a giant station building so is highly likely to contain some amazing elements INSIDE as well. Probably more inversions. It is confirmed to be a worlds-first-coaster, and element wise the theme park community cannot see anything, and so it is looking likely that it may break the number of inversions record.

It is located on the Black Hole tent site, (thus in X-Sector) and will follow a similar ish theme to Oblivion.

SW7.png

Basically with The Swarm this year and this next year.....it just put England on the theme park map, possibly/arguably for the first time.

ReZ can you take me to this when it opens?

I want you to be gentle with me on the roller-coaster.

Edited by Wesley

What ever Alton Towers do, for the love of Jesus make it multi-cart. Something we don't do well over here, queue management. You end up waiting 45-60 minutes because they've only got one cart on the track.

Oblivion can eat queues, as can Nemesis Inferno. This one WILL be lower capacity, but hopefully it won't be too bad. Saw's queue can be long but its bearable as it moves quite frequently (because it has about 8 trains or something) this would surely have more (I don't know what the maximum for Eurofighters is).

The one that pisses me off the most is Collossus - its always got one fucking train. So lazy.

They do pull a publicity stunt every year. If ever Thorpe opened a new ride and said "The test went well, nothing went wrong and it's not haunted", I'd be suspicious!

Looks like the test ride on The Swarm at Thorpe Park really didn't go well:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2091480/Thorpe-Park-The-Swarm-ride-test-run-sees-dummies-return-limbs-snapped-off.html :eek:

So, back to the drawing board for that ride I think. Unless, of course, it's all just a publicity stunt, which it might well be...

As Grazza said, don't trust anything Thorpe do. The "dummies" in the back rows are normal theme park dummies, mannequins aren't used lol.

It's been too long since i went to a theme park. Really need to go to Thorpe Park in the summer, that looks brilliant.

Basically The Swarm (from the advert) looks A-MA-ZING!!

Also, without spoilers as such, what is the new Nemesis attraction?

Is it a ride of sorts/or more of an experience walk through event as you wait for Nemesis?

Its a new and separate ride. Indoor tower rude with pre and post show elements basically. Ive remained fairly spoiler free myself. Going in two weeks to both