NEurope
Ellmeister

Drinking Games

Some good games in here!

A fun one i like i dont know the name of, but you need a bunch of plastic cups and a ping pong ball. Basically, you set the cups up on either side of a decent sized table with different amounts of drink in them. Arrange them however you want, we usually do them like bowling pins, but one of them should have more drink / a harsher drink than the rest. Then you have to bounce the ping pong ball on the table and try to get it to land in a cup. If it does, the other player drinks it. Continue until all drinks are drunk and someone loses. They then have to drink even more as punishment :p

I remember playing the "I've Never" game on holiday. Man that was fun. Learnt my brother has had a threesome! I was like what?!?! (he's quite reserved). But he may have been lying, thats the only problem with that game.

The only other game i know is the bounce game. Its fun but hard to get people to do as its silly. You basically sit in a circle and have to bounce in sync with each other on your seats. When you're all bouncing in time (this is the hard part to get it going!) you then have to count on the bounce. If two or more people say the next number on the same bounce then they all drink. If nobody calls a number after 10 bounces (you can reduce this) then everybody drinks.

Some good games in here!

A fun one i like i dont know the name of, but you need a bunch of plastic cups and a ping pong ball. Basically, you set the cups up on either side of a decent sized table with different amounts of drink in them. Arrange them however you want, we usually do them like bowling pins, but one of them should have more drink / a harsher drink than the rest. Then you have to bounce the ping pong ball on the table and try to get it to land in a cup. If it does, the other player drinks it. Continue until all drinks are drunk and someone loses. They then have to drink even more as punishment :p

I remember playing the "I've Never" game on holiday. Man that was fun. Learnt my brother has had a threesome! I was like what?!?! (he's quite reserved). But he may have been lying, thats the only problem with that game.

The only other game i know is the bounce game. Its fun but hard to get people to do as its silly. You basically sit in a circle and have to bounce in sync with each other on your seats. When you're all bouncing in time (this is the hard part to get it going!) you then have to count on the bounce. If two or more people say the next number on the same bounce then they all drink. If nobody calls a number after 10 bounces (you can reduce this) then everybody drinks.

What happens if you bounce and miss a cup?

I'm not sure how the bounce game works, do you count in a circle one at a time?

That's called Beer Pong. iirc, nothing happens if you miss. Variations include a 2-bounce rule where you have to drink it yourself, and a much hated game where people throw coins across the table straight into your drink - you're supposed to then down your drink but instead everyone drinks it slowly and complains.

Half the people in that vid are faking it too, charlie! The two girls front right... shocking!

I'm sorry. Next time I'll spend hours scouring through all the "Roxanne drinking game" videos there are on YouTube to find one where everyone is doing it properly and not faking it. :geek:

(it was the first decent looking video I found of it - I didn't even watch it all :heh: )

(it was the first decent looking video I found of it - I didn't even watch it all :heh: )

YOU BARRSTAAARRD.

You give us providings without sampling the goods properly?! :mad:

Roxanne is amazing. It's great when you ge tloads of people and can do this...

That actually does look a little boring, and there's blatantly a lot of faking going on. However, if you're really taking part and it's not fake, I guess it's good. It's just another case of "you had to be there." :heh:

Whats being faked btw?

Actually taking a drink. Some are just putting the drink to their mouth and not actually drinking. One guy just stands up and doesn't even bother pretending.

Whats being faked btw?

The drinking. That girl on the end on the right is definately not drinking. She goes the whole length of the song with the same small white cup. Unless she's sneakily topping it up while the camera is off her then she must be lying. :shakehead The guys in the middle however I believe are fulfilling their duties.

Learnt my brother has had a threesome! I was like what?!?! (he's quite reserved).

Exactly what I learnt about my (female!) friend whom I believed to be such a "decent" girl. :heh:

What happens if you bounce and miss a cup?

I'm not sure how the bounce game works, do you count in a circle one at a time?

Nothing happens if you miss, its just the other persons turn. I gues syou could take a swig of your pint if you miss maybe though if you wanted.

As for the bounce game, i'm not sure how else to explain it. You should be bouncing in rythm with each other, keeping a beat. A person can only say a number when you bounce, but if two people say the next number together then they fail. You basically have to try and say the next number and hope no-one else chooses the same bounce to say it. As i say, its silly, but fun as everyones looking at each other trying to see if anyone is getting ready to say the next number. Plus you're bouncing, how could that not be fun? Especially when there are girls involved.

That's called Beer Pong. iirc, nothing happens if you miss. Variations include a 2-bounce rule where you have to drink it yourself, and a much hated game where people throw coins across the table straight into your drink - you're supposed to then down your drink but instead everyone drinks it slowly and complains.

Beer Pong! Yeah, thats the one, couldn't think of the name.

There's something we play permanently here called pennying - basically if you throw a penny in someone's drink, they have to down it to stop the queen drowning. Two guys pennied Stephen Hawking a few years ago and got a fine and a lifetime ban from his college. :heh:

Other games: There's one I've played a year or so ago, which we may or may not have made up, which involves taking it in turns to think of questions with two possible answers (e.g. yes/no, would you rather this/that etc.), and then people answer and everyone in the minority group has to drink. We were playing this with only three people, it might be worse with more.

And there's another one called 13 that I played the other night - basically you have to take it in turns to count up to 13, and when you get to the top you say a set phrase (e.g. congratulations, ladies and gentlemen), then make up a rule to substitute one of the numbers - for instance, you might have to drink from the glass of the person next to you instead of saying 6, and so on. If anyone makes an error, you start again at 1, and of course they have to drink.

Other than that, we mostly tend to play I have never.

As for the bounce game, i'm not sure how else to explain it. You should be bouncing in rythm with each other, keeping a beat. A person can only say a number when you bounce, but if two people say the next number together then they fail. You basically have to try and say the next number and hope no-one else chooses the same bounce to say it. As i say, its silly, but fun as everyones looking at each other trying to see if anyone is getting ready to say the next number. Plus you're bouncing, how could that not be fun? Especially when there are girls involved.

So you could keep bouncing and keep saying one, in theory?

AND BY THE WAY JAV! The Bone Collector arrived today, which I hold you personally responsible for me having two copies.

So you could keep bouncing and keep saying one, in theory?

AND BY THE WAY JAV! The Bone Collector arrived today, which I hold you personally responsible for me having two copies.

I did tell you i sent it :p

But no, you cant keep saying one, you have to count up. So you all start bouncing together and someone starts, say on bounce 3 person A risks speaking and says "one". Lets say he is lucky and no-one else spoke on that bounce. You carry on bouncing, and lets say, on bounce 7, person B and person C both risk saying "two". They have failed as they both spoke on the same bounce, so they both drink and you start again.

You can make it more advanced, thats the reason for the counting. Say if there are fifteen of you, you can say you only count to ten. When you say a number safely then you are out and safe. The five people left at the end who didnt risk saying a number all have to drink. Makes it more likely that people will risk speaking and get caught out.

Didn't realise this game was so hard to explain!