NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Schizoid Man

Do you guys think I should trust this thing?

Hey all, I'm really sorry to be on about fricking iPods again, but I'll cut to the chase this time. I am sorely lacking in money (it's not that I'm a lazy bum, I've got a job, it's just I'm £200 in debt to my friend for a Hammond organ off eBay :o ), and desperately want a 30gb black iPod video dirt cheap...can anyone hear sympathise with me? My 'pyramid-scheme-but-not-quite-pyramid-scheme' fell through, but on eBay I stumbled across this bargain...too much of a bargain if you ask me. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Apple-iPod-BLACK-30GB-Mp3-Player-VIDEO-NEW_W0QQitemZ5834758160QQcategoryZ90964QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem - basically what I want, but from china and only around 100 shmackers. Now I don't wanna throw my money down the drain, so your advice on whether this guy is a sneaky bastard would be massively appreciated. And I reckon some of you will still think I'm a jive sucker, so for every nice reply I get, I'll not upload a song from my collection as that's not very good, and I'm certainly not going to start with the rare gem from the Mars Volta; title track off Frances the Mute but couldn't quite fit on the album, so they released it as a single with The Widow! - http://www.don'tdothissortofthing.com

Ain't that nice? Cheers.

This listing (5834758160) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available. Please make sure that you've entered the item number correctly.

If the item was removed by eBay, please consider this transaction cancelled. If anybody contacts you to complete the sale, please ignore the request. Completing the sale outside of eBay may be unsafe and will not be covered by eBay purchase protection programs.

Sounds kosher to me, go for it!

I'd guess it's a bit dodgy because, uh.. the auction has been removed.

Now give me my song.

Item is removed so it's not really possible for us to comment on it ... but to give this thread a slightly changed purpose ... does anyone know how to/where to get cheap iPods from?

On an MP3 player related note, I recently took my Zen Micro (Orange!!) to the USA with me, when I got there it really didn't want to work and I was worried the Texan X-Ray machines had fried it's precious insides.

Upon my return I've fully charged it and it had to do some re-jigging or something, but it's worked and my playlist is intact. So don't worry about it people.

Still, I'd maybe suggest putting your MP3 player in the little pot things they provide rather than leaving it in your hand luggage to be scanned.

http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=24585077

Website offers Ipods for 'free'. It seems all ok, and I got linked to it from http://www.studentfreestuff.com. I signed up, completed one of the offers (Batman Begins on DVD for £2.99) and recieved the DVD and haven't been asked to buy any more or any crap like that. The only catch I see is that you have to persuade 5 other people to sign up and complete offers once you do, which is I guess how they make their money. If anyone can see anything wrong with this though feel free to call me an eejit.

Yeah, i tried the same thing a little while back, it's been proved legit all over the web but R-E mods saw fit to remove the link and all that nonsense, the sods. I'm sure there are enough people on this forums to generate a load of free iPods all round, click on the link, next 5 repliers click on the link, sign up, leave their own links, who five people eventually sign up to each. You could edit your post to say how many more people you need to sign up, so eventually nearly everyone except the latecomers would get themselves a nice freebie...but noooo, pyramid schemes not endorsed blah blah. Also, I was only ever gonna upload b-sides (which you can't download legally and I'm sure record labels aren't gonna get nasty about it when you'd otherwise have to purchase the singles) and live bootleg stuff, so why all the link removing nonsense. Here's another link to a similar auction, this chaps got quite a few up at supposedly stupid prices...hmmm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Apple-iPod-BLACK-30GB-Mp3-Player-VIDEO-NEW_W0QQitemZ5835218364QQcategoryZ90964QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

After my third replacement iPod in as many months i've given up on MP3's, they're just too unreliable.

Of course thats not legit. Utter Bull.. Theres reason he's not taking paypal, so he can't be tracked and you can't get your money back.

No one in their right mind would sell one that cheap. A low feedback (although 100%) would put me off too.

Sign in to follow this