NEurope
scubahood

Any Twitter users?

Hey all i'd seen the term Twitter floating about for sometime then eventually decided to have a look into it after a friend at work asked me about it and I didnt know the answer to his question. Basically what i'm wondering is are there any Twitter users on here if so what is actually the point of it? I've signed up but I can't see myself using it as to me it seems its just like a Facebook status which I can obv do on facebook.

Not especially, because I rarely look at other people's on account of how boring they are. The only one I ever see is on Megatokyo, just to see what bullshit excuse he's shat out this time. Most of the time it's "I'm just not feeling it"

Twitter is micro blogging.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/feb/15/twitter-microblogging-cultural-influence

Despite the site's question of intent - "What are you doing?" - users rarely restrict themselves to status reports ("Am going for run" or "Watching Loose Women."), twittering instead on a number of subjects. At any given time, you can expect alerts, observations, questions, wisecracks and links to other sites from the constellation of people you are following. In its uneven variety, it starts to resemble real conversation, albeit in 140 character gobbets.

The Guardian has gone a bit twitter mad recently.

I never really look at other people's tbh.