N-Europe

13 year old "thought it would be good to have a baby"

EEVILMURRAY

you mean can't I take it?

Well I think it's up to the parents [who obviously aren't fit ones in this case], to step in and say that it's not right! well I believe it isn't anyway!

IMO age gaps are acceptible when you get to around 15/16, but even those should just be by a year. To me, there are some age gaps that are right and some that are just wrong e.g. 15 & 16 is fine, 18 & someone under 16 is wrong, and 15 & someone who hasn't even hit puberty yet is again wrong!

Yea, i meant cant.

It is the parents choices, and i think they made the wrong one too.

I was arguing that you cant possibly know shes an attention seeking whore.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That thought sprang to my mind, too. It's the best choice for the baby, perhaps, though it will not exactly have the easiest life, but I wouldn't exactly call it the best choice for the parents. Their lives are gonna be very difficult from now on.

It would only be like having 3 kids, and they will get help from another family in this case.

I dont agree with their decision though, But what else could they do really =/

I can't believe she slept with him, he looks 9 and she looks 17 or something. When I first looked at that picture, I thought it was a mom with two kids. Then I saw the caption and I was like 'WTF!!! HE'S the dad!'

While I wish them all the luck in the world (since they're going to need it), IMHO I still think it's wrong. She knew about the birds and the bees and, really, he didn't have a clue. She should have known better, surely she knew what would happen if she had unprotected sex!

That thought sprang to my mind, too. It's the best choice for the baby, perhaps, though it will not exactly have the easiest life, but I wouldn't exactly call it the best choice for the parents. Their lives are gonna be very difficult from now on.

See I don't understand that, to me the best choice would to either give the child up or not have it at all unfortunetly it was too late by the time they'd actually seeked their parents help.

It astounds me, it really does. This world is utter crap.

This could turn out like Eastenders, where Kat and her daughter (Zoe?) acted like sisters. A drunken night out and Zoe went "You're not my mum!" And Kat replied "YES I AM!!!!"

Would love to see that in real life :) That child unfortunately will be majorly affected by this. Personally I'd hope social services get involved. Neither of them are able to be suitable parents if you look at it from any way. No money, no job, not old enough to understand, no future, no hope >_< Its sounds harsh and pessimistic but seriously, those two will buckle under the burden that is parenthood.

I don't doubt it. It's pretty normal. (Although that was bit more knowledge than I expected them to have)

For the record, when I said "getting curious", I meant for real. As in, starting to truly realize why it's enjoyable. My friends and I had heard (or seen) plenty of things before, but nobody talked for long about that.

Those kids may have heard of those things before, but most of them aren't actually interested in trying it.

Ah, got it.

Your point is valid, then.

I drew a picture in the 3rd or 4th grade about butt sex. My colleague didn't share my enthusiasm about it and showed it to the teacher. She blushed.

Oh shi-, that's even worse than my perv friends, you win the prize.

"The shy lad, whose voice has not yet broken, said: “I thought it would be good to have a baby.

“I didn’t think about how we would afford it. I don’t really get pocket money. My dad sometimes gives me £10.”"

Quote of the year.

fucked up society this is.

If the boy had been 15 and the girl 13 that looked like 8 the police would have been called. (from graham norton show)

couldnt believe it i thought when saw on the news the boy was the brother of the 13 year old and were going to show him momentarily or something as thought he couldnt be older then 9 or 10...BUT then the caption down bottom of the screen came up saying "young father" and was shocked!!

Just proves that the sex education system in this country is absolute fucking shite. I mean, yes most of us are intelligent enough to know when we're ready to/have safe sex...but the ones that obviously aren't need educating properly, now.

It needs to be from a young age, screw all this "we cant teach it to kids, because they need to be "kids" for as long as possible" shit, if they're having children at this age what difference does it make other than saving a child from being brought up my a couple un-educated parents that will most likely have lived off benefits all their life.

I don't think the Sex Education System here is awful in the slightest. From what I've seen, many children and teenagers are being access to great education, and it's being taught well. The same goes for drug and drink education, a hell of a lot of time and effort goes into making lessons for that as informative as possible. Kids are curious, so they like to ask questions (I've been watching lessons where they do talk about what's on their mind, etc) so I think it may actually be a strength in schools.

Does it need to be taught from a younger age? Honestly, I think it could have an adverse effect. You introduce it to kids at a younger age, and all it does is introduce their curiosity at a younger age, imo. I think the age it's being pitched at currently is probably about right.

I think outside of school, this is where the problem needs to be addressed. There are laws about underage sex, are these being implemented? I'd be horrified to look at the stats of underage pregnancies within the last 10 years, so where do the Police stand in this? What about prosecution? There is no sense having laws in place if they're not going to be enforced.

What about the parents? Sure, sex education in school is important, but was their sexual relationship discouraged at home?

Another thing that annoys me is the fact that this is front page news, and it's all talk about how great a dad he'll be (admittedly, from the boy). It just seems glamourised. This is being allowed to happen, and it shouldn't be. They are only children themselves, and this is a huge responsibility for them to both have at their age. When you think of the problems that children go through during school life anyway, this will just make life twice as hard, and that is also not fair on the new life they have just bought into this world.

This isn't the first time that a girl of about 15 has been allowed to have a child, but what sort of message does that send out to the rest of society if this is being deemed as ok? It's becoming something of normality now, imo.

ah, just think, in future generations, this will be seen as a defnining moment in societys demise.

in all seriousness, if it want for the pregnancy and the fact the boy looks so young, the idea of a 12 year old having sex isnt to shocking anymore

acording to the express, there are 4 outher potential partners for the baby. sorry to sound crude, but some one stick that bitch up!

ah, just think, in future generations, this will be seen as a defnining moment in societys demise.

I know this was said in jest but seriously where have you people been for the past few decades? (not aimed at you chris just a lot of the members on this forum.) Teen pregnancies have been happening for ages. People barely even bat an eyelid nowadays. Or at least I thought they didn't. But from some of your responses, I'd imagine you'd be surprised to find out that people are having sex outside of marriage.

I know this was said in jest but seriously where have you people been for the past few decades? (not aimed at you chris just a lot of the members on this forum.) Teen pregnancies have been happening for ages. People barely even bat an eyelid nowadays. Or at least I thought they didn't. But from some of your responses, I'd imagine you'd be surprised to find out that people are having sex outside of marriage.

just a couple of years ago, there were reposrts of 10-11 year old girls being on the pill.

that was a shock to me, i mean. im a libveral guy, dont have much of a problem with any one having sex so long as both members are consenting and able to deal with the emotional side of things, but for god sake, when i was 10, i only thought about sex when i needed a word to make my friends laugh.

just a couple of years ago, there were reposrts of 10-11 year old girls being on the pill.

that was a shock to me, i mean. im a libveral guy, dont have much of a problem with any one having sex so long as both members are consenting and able to deal with the emotional side of things, but for god sake, when i was 10, i only thought about sex when i needed a word to make my friends laugh.

Really? I thought about sex from when I first learned what it was (about 6), quite often. That probably explains a few things about me.

Not really. Ok I didn't think of it every day. But it's something I thought about.
You thought about sex!... from the age of 6!... I think not!

You may have wondered where babies comes from and maybe thought about relationships and about liking girls, but no you didn't think about having sex!

and who supposedly told you about it at that age, because I find that quite shocking!