NEurope
ReZourceman

Twitter

Have they sorted out the UK text messaging service yet to use with it, as before it was being charged at a premium rate to update your status by text, and not just a usual standard rate or taking free texts off your contract?

This made me think the whole thing was pointless to any of us in the UK.

I only ever use it now to keep track of certain well known people, and to see what they have to say.

I signed up to this the other week. Seems like a pile of crap to me. Perhaps I was just expecting too much from it?

After a week of using it....it's a load of shite! I'm deleting my account now, it's a waste of my time TBH, lmao.

I think I'll stick to the good old Faceboooook, lol

It's not really comparable with Facebook and it takes nigh on no time to use so it'd be hard to really waste any on it.

I've given it a second chance - good for putting the blog updates out there, plus I now know more about Dyson's life than I do my own, lol!

I like it. Its interesting.

Just dont care about rubbish like, 'I am now in the bathroomd oing poop' or 'I just woke up'. So dont subscribe to those feeds.

I've given it a second chance - good for putting the blog updates out there, plus I now know more about Dyson's life than I do my own, lol!

Oh god, sorry about my occasional bursts of twitter usage :heh: I'm getting in to it a bit more now. Thing is I have a nifty application that lets me post directly from my address bar in firefox but it doesn't show me new posts. Ideally I want something that pops up in the corner of my firefox every time a follower makes a new post, anyone know of anything like this?

Oh god, sorry about my occasional bursts of twitter usage :heh: I'm getting in to it a bit more now. Thing is I have a nifty application that lets me post directly from my address bar in firefox but it doesn't show me new posts. Ideally I want something that pops up in the corner of my firefox every time a follower makes a new post, anyone know of anything like this?

Yeah, if you can get Twitterfox - it pops up in bottom right hand corner of the window and you're able to update from it as well. It'a pretty useful!

Through Dyson's twitter I ended up in dabookerman's twittr. Its the best one I've seen.

Twitter is one step too far imo.

I honestly think it's slightly wierd and creepy to let people know everything you are doing!... got up, having a shower, leaving the house etc...

It's like reverse 'stalkerism'. It uses 'followers'. 'I'm following you' is just strange.

What's the point? for attention seeking?

And honestly I think it's kinda sad that you'd want to 'follow' people's every move! or that you'd want people to know your moves!

How I feel about Myfacebebobook.

OH MY FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

"Hi, today I got to shower at 9:00 AM, I then proceeded to brush my teeth"

WHO THE FUCK READS THIS SHIT?

This will get sick when a bunch of kids start using this shit, the stalkers will have a legal way to stalk the kids, just because it will be "cool" to use Twitter.

Learned about this on IGN and now here.

People will read any shit. Your devotion to IGN proves that :heh:

And Twitter IS facebook status, so why the hubbub? (generally as I've heard this complaint by others). People don't complain about flickr being a case of people showing off their amateur photography because that is the purpose.

Exactly.

"Its FB status"

Erm yeaah.....except you see everyone you're following not just a random mish of people you don't and do care about, you can follow celebrities etc etc.

And I've never read "Just showered, now brushing teeth" no one would put that...

I've been using for a few days now...the stuff that people say is a lot more varied (and interesting) than the facebook status.

Edit: Although one problem with Twitter is that sometimes you'll only see one half of a conversation.

And I've never read "Just showered, now brushing teeth" no one would put that...

I was most pleased to wake up to read that important bit of information this morning! It made my day (I'm actually being serious!).

Do it for you bro, do it for you.

Its my way of saying thanks to the people who follow my escapades through different outlets - my comedy can work on multiple levels, and its rewarding for you to see it.