NEurope
Guest Jordan

Red Dead Redemption

Finally. I've near enough had it up to my eye-balls with these cheaters and game-modders. And the fact that i can't shoot them less than 4-5 times before killing them, but they can shoot me with 1 shot anywhere (mostly the head) before i die.

And perhaps i won't get anymore negative feed-back. The one's i've had positive from are preferred players and i play often in the game with them.

Take a video, I want to see. Really, I'm intrigued. :p

If it occurs again, i shall take a picture/video of what i see on-screen.

Well I'm glad I haven't gone online with this then...

I think being frustrated in the online mode would probably ruin the single player for me too.

Rockstar have released an update, an Anti-Griefing update. Apparantly, it will stop people who consistantly spawn-kill you. And will give you the option to spawn elsewhere if they do this.

lol, can't see that working so well. Especially considering that you often get attacked while clearing a gang hideout (thus you wouldn't want to spawn further away). I got the platinum on this the other week, should really play it online some more though. :)

It sounds more like it's an option rather than something that will automatically happen, that would suck otherwise.

The DLC pack is out Tuesday, quite good for those who love the gang warfare maps. I need to get back into them, been in the free-roam all the time and am getting a bit bored of the hide-outs, could do with a break from them. Plus when i was playing in a gang room, it was a heck of a lot of fun. Shoot-outs and Grab the Bag are great.

Anyone up for some later, will probably pop on around 6pm for an hour.

It sounds more like it's an option rather than something that will automatically happen, that would suck otherwise.

True, but I can't see it ever really being that useful. The best thing to do would be to kick the person killing you constantly away since you probably wouldn't want to lose out on gang XP or whatever you were doing to go out the window.

Even better would be to match people who had played the game for similar amounts of time together.

Yay for DLC. :)

reddeadredemption_undeadnightmare_large--article_image.jpg

un_screens_1--article_image.jpg

un_screens_3--article_image.jpg

un_screens_4--article_image.jpg

un_screens_2--article_image.jpg

This will be the first DLC i get for RDR i thinks, finally some single player expansion for it.

It looks awesome!

This will be the first DLC i get for RDR i thinks, finally some single player expansion for it.

It looks awesome!

The Liars and Cheats DLC is a great expansion to the multi-player Free-roam area. Plus includes multi-player Poker and Liars Dice, an Attack and Defend area and races. Oh, and the awesome Explosive Rifle which does as the name says. It's a pretty good addition i think, compared to the Legends and Killers pack (not much new, just gang-areas and 1 weapon)

As for this Single player pack, it does sound quite promising. And one that i will be getting as well.

Yeah, I'll be getting this too. Hate the multiplayer in Red Dead, so nice to see a single player expansion pack.

Any news on when it's out?

Yeah, I'll be getting this too. Hate the multiplayer in Red Dead, so nice to see a single player expansion pack.

Any news on when it's out?

I'm pitting a guess at say, Halloween!!

An easy way to get the "Legend" achievement, make a copy of your multi-player save. Cross over then restore the original file. Just did it now, works a treat.

Edited by Jimbob

ZING!!!

Rockstar wants your console ready to receive the upcoming Red Dead ReZomption DLC so hard, its making triple sure your PS360s are all fired up with discs spinning by hooking you up with a FREE DLC on October 12. The brand new Hunting and Trading Outfits pack brings you the ultra-dapper Savvy Merchant outfit as well as the horrifically primal Expert Hunter pelt at zero cost.

Source - Gamesradar.com

Hunting%20Trading%20Pack%20003--article_image.jpg

Hunting%20Trading%20Pack%20007--article_image.jpg

84--article_image.jpg

80--article_image.jpg

81--article_image.jpg

undeadnightmare_atnycomicon--article_image.jpg

Edited by Murr

Sounds pretty sweet! :D

http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/112/1127395p1.html

Red Dead Redemption: Zombies Ate My Everything

Rockstar's upcoming add-on will fill your tummy with delicious brains.

US, October 14, 2010

Level 4

by Erik Brudvig

I recently sat down with Rockstar to play about an hour's worth of the upcoming expansion to Red Dead Redemption, dubbed Undead Nightmare. I was not prepared for how massive this downloadable add-on is. For just 10 bucks (800 Microsoft points), Rockstar is adding what nearly amounts to a whole new game. There's a roughly six hour storyline, complete with cutscenes and new music. There are all new enemies, mounts to ride, outfits to wear, side-quests and challenges. There's even new multiplayer content (which I can't talk about until next week). This download is, to put it succinctly, absolutely huge. And it's all going to be available October 26.

Rather than continuing where Red Dead Redemption left off, Undead Nightmare is a side-story to the main campaign. Once you have it downloaded, you can select it from the main menu screen and hop straight into a tale of zombacalyptic proportions. This is a complete side-story -- everything you do in Undead Nightmare does not interact with your game progress in the main game.

The story goes like this: An infection is sweeping through the land, turning everyone into zombie shells of their former selves. As John Marston, it's up to you to discover the source of the outbreak and set things right. The brief bit of the actual storyline I played showed that Rockstar is clearly approaching this add-on with a sense of humor. The cutscene featured the old grave robber Seth -- as loony as ever -- trying to play poker with a zombified version of his old pal Moses. Things don't work out that well.

After watching this little introduction, I got to ride out into the countryside to see how different this alternate universe actually is. The landscape is the same, but just about everything else feels drastically altered. Buildings and towns are in disarray, overrun with the undead. The infection has even spread to animals as bats fly overhead and zombie wolves nip at your heels. Should your horse die and you whistle for him, you'll find a zombie version comes racing back. They look awesome and have better endurance and speed than your average horse, though they don't always follow directions.

Zombie horses are pretty sweet, but they're not what you'll wind up riding for long. Mythical creatures, including the four horses of the apocalypse, can be found in this add-on. I managed to find War, a horse with flames for hair that would ignite any zombies that shambled too close. Also up for grabs, if you can break them, are Death (it instantly explodes zombie heads on contact) and Famine and Pestilence (both have unlimited stamina and can't be killed).

Eventually, you'll want to get off your horse and get face to face with the zombies. That's when you'll find that the entire map is infested, including most every town and settlement, and that you can't camp or sleep anywhere that zombies exist. To get to a bed, you'll need to clear out an overrun town. You can do that either by providing the leftover townsfolk with supplies or by killing all of the zombies yourself. In exchange, you'll get a place to sleep and a few crates full of ammo -- a big prize in a world where the economy has crumbled and the only real currency is bullets.

But then, even after you clear out a town, the zombies will eventually come back. They always do.

There are a bunch of other side quests to keep you busy. Clearing out the five graveyards -- the equivalent of gang hideouts – is a big one. Others include new ambient challenges, or rescuing missing people (the Undead Nightmare equivalent of hunting down wanted criminals).

The Zombies are pretty tough, as you'll quickly learn. Bullets to the body don't do much. To thin the hordes, you'll want to aim for the head – it helps conserve precious ammo as well. Making matters worse, there are four different varieties of undead, ranging from simple zombies to fast moving Bolters all the way up to big Bruisers and a type that spits toxic bile for a ranged attack.

Thankfully, there are some new weapons to use against them. Holy water, zombie bait, and boom bait are new items that can be tossed into a crowd for massive damage. There's also a blunderbuss that uses zombie bits and pieces as ammunition. Scavenge any killed zombie for parts and you'll get fingers, eyes and limbs to shove in this shotgun of sorts. It's easily the most powerful weapon in the game -- a single shot will cause any zombie to explode into a mist of blood. That also makes it so you can't scavenge any zombies killed with the blunderbuss, limiting its overall use.

Rockstar really went all out on this download. It's not just a cosmetic change -- this feels like a whole new world to explore. Just go ahead and lasso a zombie. Listening to it groan and watching it randomly kick about while I tied it up was downright hilarious.

Remember, mark your calendars for October 26. The Undead Nightmare is coming just in time for Halloween. Stay tuned for IGN's review.

I've spent 2320 MS Points so far this month. As there is an offer where you get 800 points back (at the end of November) for spending 2400 points on Arcade Games and Game Add-Ons in October, I think I'll pick this up.

Red Dead Redemption's selection of post-release downloadable content is to get the disc treatment later this year as it's all bundled up in a boxed release.

Undead Nightmare will be a standalone disc featuring the Outlaws to the End, Legends and Killers and Liars and Cheats packs as well as multiplayer free roam packs.

The announcement came through a low-key mention on Rockstar's official site.

Like Grand Theft Auto IV's Episodes From Liberty City it won't require the original disc to play through the content.

It's priced at 29.99 USD/24.99 GBP, though there's been no announcement of a release date.

Undead Nightmare hits Xbox Live and PSN on October 26, and it's shaping up to be an admirable addition to one of the year's best games.

Source - IGN.com

Undead Nightmare will be a standalone disc featuring the Outlaws to the End, Legends and Killers and Liars and Cheats packs as well as multiplayer free roam packs.

Are these the other downloadable content up until now then?

Are these the other downloadable content up until now then?

Indeed they are, with Outlaws being a FREE download.

seems this has gone cheaper recently £22 in gamestation might be time to finally getting round to getting it.

Downloading Undead Nightmare right now £7.99 or £6.39 if your a PS+ member.

Edited by Cookyman

Bad timing to release this, with Fable 3 out end of the week i'm going to be torn what to do :(

Bad timing to release this, with Fable 3 out end of the week i'm going to be torn what to do :(

I'm probably going to miss this out until later really, probably because i can't afford it until i get financial stability. I still have a lot to do in other titles though.