NEurope
Dante

Mass Effect 2

I don't see what the difference is between dying at the start and dying in the middle?

because everyone's talking about new protagonists and shit, or new voice actors. Obviously, if Shepherd is alive and well at the start of the game then his death (which won't happen you gullible fools!) would be part of the story and such.

so yeah. Huge difference.

because everyone's talking about new protagonists and shit, or new voice actors. Obviously, if Shepherd is alive and well at the start of the game then his death (which won't happen you gullible fools!) would be part of the story and such.

Or her! :wink:

I still don't understand what you mean, but ok.

Surely switching protagonists halfway through would never happen.

I think there was a post on Kotaku that referred to an interview where they said you can use your ME1 savefile in ME2 which would suggest you can port your Shepard over.

I can imagine that Shepard dies during the obligatory tutorial mission though or at the end of it.

Leading video game developer BioWare™, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today officially announced Mass Effect™ 2, the highly anticipated sequel to the multi award-winning 2007 hit, Mass Effect. The Mass Effect trilogy is a masterful science fiction adventure set in a vast universe filled with dangerous alien life forms and mysterious uncharted planets. In this dark second chapter, Saren’s evil army of Geth soldiers has just been defeated, and humans, who are still struggling to make their mark on the galactic stage, are now faced with an even greater peril…

“We’re going to surpass the extraordinary gaming experience we brought our fans in Mass Effect by delivering intensified combat and expanded weapon options as well as increased depth of planet exploration, all while delivering a powerful, emotionally engaging story,” said Dr. Ray Muzyka, General Manager and CEO, BioWare and General Manager and Vice President, EA. “Mass Effect 2 is shaping up to be an unforgettable RPG-shooter experience, taking players on a non-stop roller-coaster ride filled with stunning plot twists and no-holds-barred action.”

Mass Effect 2 is coming to PC and the Xbox 360 video game system in Early 2010. To see the exclusive new Mass Effect 2 teaser trailer check out the website here: http://www.masseffect.com.

The news would be that it isn't coming to PS3, I imagine. Presumably Microsoft misplaced a suitcase full of money somewhere.

No, it is coming out its just not being released at the same time as the 360 and PC.

No, it is coming out its just not being released at the same time as the 360 and PC.

There's no confirmation about a PS3 version. It's impossible to tell if it will happen.

What we do know is that it'll be out on 360 before PC.

Mmm... Mass Effect 2...

I cannot wait for this game :heh:

After picking up the latest novel by Drew Karpyshyn, it sort of tells you what the story is in the next game. At least, I have some speculations about what it could be :heh:

Readers of the first novel would recognize one of the main characters; Kahlee. For some reason, I can't stand her :P but enough of that. Cerberus plays a big deal in this novel, and they seem to in ME2, judging by the teaser page on their website. The leader of Cerberus is called the Illusive Man, and it seems he can get whatever he wants. At some point in ME2, we'll probably have to take him down. Also, an operative of Cerberus called Grayson has escaped after being captured for working under the commands of Cerberus. It seems like we'll have to find him too. Biotics play a huge part in the novel; a project promoting their abilities, (The ascension project) is run by Cerberus, so this may be a location in the new game. We may also get to visit the Migrant Fleet of the Quarians, since the characters have a major battle here.

Of course, this is all conjecture. I have no clue what could be happening in the next game, but looking at the first novel, (and what it revealed in the first game,) it might be possible that some of this could happen :P

http://blog.wired.com/games/2009/03/rumor-amazon-le.html

On another note, can that really be counted as spoiling details of the game? :heh:

Wasn't this meant to be shown in some form at GDC? Well I know the developer was meant to be talking about it.

Does it annoy anyone else that we haven't even got the first footage of the game, and they're already talking about DLC? I mean finish the game, an if you think of adding something later, then add it, but don't tell me now you're going to make the game intentionally shorter so you can charge me more later for the stuff that could have been in the package I've already paid £40-£50 for.

Does it annoy anyone else that we haven't even got the first footage of the game, and they're already talking about DLC? I mean finish the game, an if you think of adding something later, then add it, but don't tell me now you're going to make the game intentionally shorter so you can charge me more later for the stuff that could have been in the package I've already paid £40-£50 for.

Agreed. DLC is for stuff that's designed after all the designing is done and developed after the game is finished.

I just got myself a fancy Mass Effect 2 them for my iGoogle page.

I'm contemplating replaying Mass Effect for a third time, so I can have a save to use in the second game. When my 360 broke my MU didn't have enough space to hold every save I had, so some had to be lost, with Mass Effect being the one I miss most.

I'm currently playing the original right now, I never finished it because I got stuck and other games came out and erm yeah... >>

Noveria: Lorik Qui'in... I need to find that npc before I can leave the place that I'm in atm, I feel like I've looked everywhere though, any tips?

^ Think he's up in the bar area. So, trying to think of the best way to describe it, you know where the office is of the guy who is in charge? Well in the large room that that comes off of, directly across you have the 'doorway' you take to the garage. Well to the right of this, on the raise bit, is an elevator that goes up to the bar and he's in there. That's how I remember it. Sorry for being very vague. I'll see about making a map thing to make it clearer later on.

Thanks for the tip, I've just now found him, hopefully I'll be able to finally finish this now. :)

No problem. I had a bit of trouble with that particular part of the game because I couldn't persuade him to do what it is you need to do to get the pass card for the garage so I eventually settled on having to do it the other way where he gives you the card but he takes all the intel or something.

Actually playing ME now but on my PC. Will it actually come to the PS3 along with this one?

No, it's a 360/PC thing only afaik.

That's quite annoying as I would actually get it for the ps3. Didn't exactly get it properly for the PC if you understand what i mean. Don't like PC games on DVD as you can't trade them in when your done so they take up space mocking you and it doesn't help that my DVD drive is a bit nackered, working when it feels like it.

For me and my PC gaming, it's steam or nothing.