NEurope
Dante

Mass Effect 2

Yeah one thing I do genuinely hate is that as far as I'm aware, if I want to wear a helmet during combat, then I have to make do with it during cutscenes for everything I do until I decided to go back to the ship or somewhere to change it back.

Mass Effect 2 on the PS3 arrived in the mail today - it's got a lengthy install which I'm doing now.

I've not seen or played either Mass Effect title so I'll be going into this cold.

Mine arrived too. Annoyingly it seems Cerberus Network codes can't be activated yet, however. As the interactive comic is part of that, I effectively can't start the game until they sort out whatever's wrong.

Edit: Speak of the devil: they now work. Shame a 700MB download is ostensibly still required.

Edited by Aimless

Mine arrived too. Annoyingly it seems Cerberus Network codes can't be activated yet, however. As the interactive comic is part of that, I effectively can't start the game until they sort out whatever's wrong.

Edit: Speak of the devil: they now work. Shame a 700MB download is ostensibly still required.

I'm downloading it right now.

Mass Effect 2 on the PS3 arrived in the mail today - it's got a lengthy install which I'm doing now.

I've not seen or played either Mass Effect title so I'll be going into this cold.

Yeah I'll be the same when I pick it up....still trudging through Assassin's Creed 2. I swear I'm like 2 years behind schedule got Dragon Age and Yakuza 3 waiting to be started as well...

There is a free item in the playstation store - the terminus pack it's only 11mb so just downloaded that too. Right take the dog out - then i'm getting stuck into this game.

You know, I almost envy you people. You're in for a treat.

I wouldn't envy them too much. I saw the videos of the interactive comic to summarize the events of the first game. That's some boring shit.

One of the great things were those small conversations that are different because of what you did in the first one. It always felt great when you bumped into one of them. Like meeting an old friend.

Yeah, or an old enemy :p.

PS3 players will miss that for the mopst part. I have skimmed those videos, so I can't remember what else is there except for the main missions, but I do believe they have a few side characters. But that won't be the same. Unless of course you wouldn't have played the side missions anyway.

I guess us PS3 owners won't get that experience until Mass Effect 3 comes out and our decisions in 2 are reflected in that gameplay experience.

I wouldn't envy them too much. I saw the videos of the interactive comic to summarize the events of the first game. That's some boring shit.

You're talking to a man who would gladly wade through a vat of steaming cattle faeces just to play this game through for a third time.

You're talking to a man who would gladly wade through a vat of steaming cattle faeces just to play this game through for a third time.

I don't think I'd go quite that far personally, then again I have already completed it 4 (could actually be 5) times now!

I love ME, but what's the point in going through the second one more than twice?

I love ME, but what's the point in going through the second one more than twice?

Becuase I fucking love it?

By that logic why does anyone play a game more than once?

I am going to be playing through both ME1 & 2 again before the third is released.

One because there ace but mainly because i was unable to transfer my character from 1 too 2 and therefor i want to my completly 'personalised' character to transfer ready for the third.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-24-mass-effect-2-on-eu-ps-store-for-GBP48

Mass Effect 2 is available to download from the European PlayStation Store – and it costs a whopping £48.

Confirmation of the release comes from PlayStationEU's official Twitter. It apologised for the delay.

VG247 reports the game costs €60, or £48 in the UK. Eurogamer has verified the cost.

GAME is selling it for £39.99 - a tenner under the RRP. Argos is doing the Xbox 360 version for £7.99.

Bouyed by the release of the PS3 version, Mass Effect 2 rose to seventh in the UK all-formats chart this morning. BioWare has described it as much more than a straightforward port.

dumb online pricing.

I'm still finding dialogue trees that tell me so more about the characters on my third play through. I've got my "canon" main game, and then my Renegade & Paragon characters who I deliberately use to force the issues one way or the other even if I would normally choose different, stress testing the story and situations. It's a testament to the game as a whole, all the little pieces I'm still shaking out of there.

So can't really afford this but thought sod it and have gone and ordered should be with me by monday :)

So can't really afford this but thought sod it and have gone and ordered should be with me by monday :)

I thought this and went and bought it from gamestation today.

I'm glad, it's a really interesting game, I've only just started to be honest (about an hours worth), but I enjoy it, hopefully it continues. :grin:

News stuff:

BioWare has fixed the PS3 Mass Effect 2 bug that was corrupting save files and throwing away hours of gamers' time.

That fix will be part of a patch that also speeds loading and level streaming; adds telemetry (an information reporting system); corrects spelling mistakes (!); alters the picture in Shepard's Cabin so that it reflects the love interest chosen during the interactive comic; and eradicates a bug causing the PSN download version of ME2 to crash in Shepard's Cabin.

But alas, the patch first needs to be delivered to Sony for validation and distribution. BioWare - wrote community manager Chris Priestly on the company forums - will do this "ASAP". Friday is his best estimate of when the patch will be submitted.

"First, we are sorry some of you have had problems playing Mass Effect 2 on the PlayStation 3 and want to thank you all for providing feedback on our forums on both the freezing and resulting save game issue that some of you have experienced.

"We're currently testing the patch thoroughly, we expect to be finished our quality passes on Friday. This patch is then being delivered to Sony ASAP for verification and distribution."

Priestly said BioWare had data showing that only a "very few people" encountered the save game problem.

He went on to explain that "there is a very simple work-around to ensure the freezing and corruption issues are minimised".

"Simply restart your game every few hours," Priestly said.

"By shutting down and restarting your game, you will not encounter the corrupted save issue."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-27-mass-effect-2-ps3-save-bug-patched