NEurope
Dante

Mass Effect 2

Has a very terminator-esque feel to the trailer, don't know whether anyone else found that, what with the names of all known associates appearing. Going to be interesting to see how it turns out. Really looking forward to hearing more as I loved the first one. And we're being urged by some guy at Bioware not to delete out save files for the first game, which tells us stuff is being carried over to the new one for those who played and completed the first title which is nice.

Dead? I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THIS. Was that a robot thingum wearing his uniform? *is confused and not awake yet*

Dead? I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THIS. Was that a robot thingum wearing his uniform? *is confused and not awake yet*

Perhaps this is the start of the game for people without a finished Mass Effect 1 save file.

Teh omgz. I so want this game! Teasing when it's a year away... I'd almost rather have seen nothing.

This teaser is the equivalent of a golden age superhero comic that says 'BATMAN IS DEAD' on the front or something. I'm sure they already confirmed that we'll be carrying on as Shepherd. Maybe this means we start the game MIA and meet different assosciates.

I don't think Shepard is dead. I think it's perhaps a foreshadowing of events to come. Perhaps Shepard has gone AWOL or something and the citadel have just put it on record that he died in action.

As for a release this year, I'd say it's likely because they have the universe up and running from the first title and many of the locales, although there'll probably be quick a lot of new places in this one, but it shouldn't take too long to get it ready so it's very likely they could release it in time for xmas this year. I hope so anyway. Would make for a sweet xmas game.

I only just started the first game. Hopefully I can pull through and finish it. It's right down my alley; space flight, action adventure. It's stuff like this I'd rather watch though. We shall see how it goes.

Mass effect is one of my favourite games ever. I really hope they're consistent with the quality in this one. If there's some gameplay enhances that'd be cool but i'm really only interested in the story. Sequels are always difficult. As long as it doesn't fall into the same trap they all do and become too complicated then it should be good. I'm getting a very Empire Strikes Back vibe from it, awesome :)

I'd suggest it's quite possible that's a "default" kinda setting, for games without an ME1, since it shows Wrex in the list of known associates despite him possibly being dead.

Could be one of those "pretending to be dead to get around" sorts of plots:

Through the fiery maelstrom, the Normandy bursts with Cmdr. Shepard whooping on the intercom.

General: Shepard?! My god, I thought you said he was dead!

Lieutenant: That's what we told the press, sir.

A huge explosion rocks the space station.

Command Staff: Holy hell, more Geth incoming!

CUT to NORMANDY BRIDGE -

Ashley/Kaiden: The station - it's nearly destroyed!

Shepard: Heh, looks like we're right on time.

OR

Shepard: Stowe it soldier and load up: We're going in.

OR

Shepard: Whooooo bizntches!

etc.

Honestly I kind of hope he's really dead. It creates a good starting point for 2. But even if he doesn't show up in ME2 he might appear in ME3.

I don't really mind if he's dead or not but it would be cool if he was a support character like Snake in MGS2.

I don't really mind if he's dead or not but it would be cool if he was a support character like Snake in MGS2.

Yeah and if you had a ME1 save file where you´ve finished the game he/she would act according to how you played him/her in the previous game.

I think this being the 'default' setting if you don't have ME1 is looking the most credible theory. Though the whole continuing with past decisions leads me to believe he's still alive. Looks like shock tactics to give us something to talk about for a year. I must say the artwork for the new locations looks amazing.

Haha, it's weird people saying "he" in reference to Shepherd. Mine was always a woman! Better voice acting, and if I'm gonna watch a virtual ass for 20hours in third person it may aswell be a female one :p

Haha, it's weird people saying "he" in reference to Shepherd. Mine was always a woman! Better voice acting, and if I'm gonna watch a virtual ass for 20hours in third person it may aswell be a female one :p

Very strange... I basically posted the exact same thing as you earlier today, well just the part about 'haha, it's weird people saying "he" ' - but I couldn't get it to work (forums were playing up a bit).

So it was weird reading your post - for a moment I thought I had posted as you somehow.

There's no way they'll do voice acting for female/male Sheppard for those who played ME1, and for female/male new guy for those that don't have a previous save.

There's no way they'll do voice acting for female/male Sheppard for those who played ME1, and for female/male new guy for those that don't have a previous save.

What if the actors who did the ME1 characters do the ME2 characters just with different voices ;) I'm thinking the same person doing like 10 different characters in The Simpsons. I agree though it is a stretch. I don't think we'll be waiting a year before we find out the real deal, that's too cruel.

Shepherd isn't dead you fools. He could very well die mid game though- nothing in the trailer suggests they're talking about the start of the game at all.

I don't see what the difference is between dying at the start and dying in the middle?

I was about to post exactly the same thing regarding the characters sex Gizmo - Shepherdy Shepherd was my character, and she kicked ass. :D