NEurope
Dante

Mass Effect 2

I hope it's cheaper because they want a lot of people to play it as somewhat of an appetizer or advertisement for ME3 and not because it is shorter.

[..]

I was thinking that as an alternative, I hope it's the case.

On the other hand, it's a bit strange that it's "coming so soon". This is supposed to be the final piece of DLC right? And ME3 is coming out end of the year? There's still plenty of time left in between. You'd think they'd offer the final piece of DLC a month or so before ME3's release, to increase the hype.

On the other hand, it's a bit strange that it's "coming so soon". This is supposed to be the final piece of DLC right? And ME3 is coming out end of the year? There's still plenty of time left in between. You'd think they'd offer the final piece of DLC a month or so before ME3's release, to increase the hype.

For some reason, I thought that the whole plan was to release it mere weeks before Mass Effect 3.

For some reason, I thought that the whole plan was to release it mere weeks before Mass Effect 3.

Yeh i'm pretty sure that's what i've read as well. Surprise ME3 release? :p

EDIT: Just read the Cerberus network. It says that updates will cease except for 3 weeks in 2011. One week will be before the final DLC release and the other 2 weeks will be before ME3. It's written a little strange you could almost take it to mean 2 weeks AFTER the final DLC.

Edited by ViPeR

I was thinking that as an alternative, I hope it's the case.

Maybe they'll give it away for free before the release of ME3 :P

a_shepard_02.jpg

a_shepard_00.jpg

I'm sure I asked this very recently about a different one but... where is that outfit from?? I don't remember anything like that when I played. 3 different boring casual outfits and lots of armour... but no fancy black dress thing. Is that from one of the origins?

Ah okay thanks. I think I downloaded that DLC when it was in an offer after Christmas but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Yeah it's from the Kasumi DLC. I like to dress up nice for Liara! :love:;)

Edit:

Also, if you don't mind modding / ini file editing, I believe you can wear anything that's in the game, but don't ask me how. But I'm pretty sure I've seen screencaptures of people wearing other stuff.

I'm hoping there's a bit more plain clothes stuff in ME3-the way you spend all your time off ship in massive hulking battle armour is faintly silly, especially in night clubs and stuff. Nobody seems to care that you have a handgun, an assault rife, a sniper rifle and a shotgun on you at all times.

looking forward to the new DLC. I've not played any others yet so I might splash out on the lot and do a new playthrough.

I'm hoping there's a bit more plain clothes stuff in ME3-the way you spend all your time off ship in massive hulking battle armour is faintly silly, especially in night clubs and stuff. Nobody seems to care that you have a handgun, an assault rife, a sniper rifle and a shotgun on you at all times.

Don't forget an effin' nuke launcher (well, it's not exactly a nuke).

Still, it seems to be like that because you can get into fights. Unless they make it so the fights are balanced and you only have your clothes and a pistol.

They should do a bit where you get caught with no gear etc. Would be a nice change.

Arrival DLC trailer:

Looks like it's going to be an interesting one. Out today as well, although unfortunately I don't have the points to buy it.

Arrival DLC trailer:

Looks like it's going to be an interesting one. Out today as well, although unfortunately I don't have the points to buy it.

Looks amazing! Will be downloading ASAP.

Word to the wise, if you don't find it in the Xbox Add-ons tab, just go all the way in to the ME2 add-ons menu and scroll through 'till you find it. Downloading it now.

Hmm, so I've deleted all my previous dlc (for I am using the puny 20gb HD). Anyone know if this effects the new one? (save file wise)

Hmm, so I've deleted all my previous dlc (for I am using the puny 20gb HD). Anyone know if this effects the new one? (save file wise)

I can't imagine it does. I heard it's activated after the Horizon mission so as long as you have a save after that point it should be ok.

I read a little about it (I know it's a solomission where you have to find a rebel scientist or something), but didn't watch the trailer this time. Downloading it right now.. Seems I have to wait a few hours :rolleyes:. The filesize disapponts me though (I think, I recall the previous being much larger).

Edited by Sméagol

Hmm well I just completed it in about an hour. Pretty disappointed by it to be honest. Wasn't expecting much but definitely was expecting more than that...If I wasn't so invested in the story i'd feel ripped off.

Well, that only strengthens my idea they had to wait with this for several months, make it bigger and more epic in the meantime, even bigger than shadowbroker if possible, then release it nog long before ME3 and sell it for 800.

Nevertheless I'll probably enjoy the final piece of story for ME2.

Perhaps they can work on patches in the upcoming months :rolleyes:.

I liked it, I think it provided some interesting fore-shadowing of what's to come in the big final chapter. A nice twist or two and all looked very nice, especially during the final sequence. A tasty side-dish before the final grand desert.

I thought the DLC was great, but way too short. I completed it twice and was curious about something: the countdown clock.

So I went and recorded it:

I thought the DLC was great, but way too short. I completed it twice and was curious about something: the countdown clock.

How did you do that the countdown is for 2 days? Incidently I did wonder myself as I left it running while I got something to eat and realised the clock was actually counting down to something.

How did you do that the countdown is for 2 days? Incidently I did wonder myself as I left it running while I got something to eat and realised the clock was actually counting down to something.

Later on it goes to 2 hours, so I left it on and watched a few things.

One thing I noticed was...

I read that there'd be a huge decision in this DLC that would affect ME3. Which was that then? I had only one i'm aware of. That was to warn the Batarians or not. I chose to and I couldn't do it anyway so is it inevitable that the Artoht system gets destroyed? Shepard better have kept proof of the reaper invasion or the Alliance are just going to keep being nobs until the reapers arrive in a few years.