NEurope
Dante

Mass Effect 2

How are you finding insanity?

You're actually doing it the hard way by starting again on level 30. All the enemies will be leveled up to match, but you wont have any upgraded weapons, making the start of the game extra tough!

Eddage speaks the truth, as counter intuitive as it might be Insanity is easier with a fresh character.

I'm only up to recruiting my first team member, the Scientist. I may start again.

Although it has not been too bad so far.....

Think I may carry on with Dead Space 2 then come back to the insanity playthrough.

Ok so considering I have managed to stay spoiler free all this time about key plot points and the ending I was a bit annoyed that during one of the loading screen it said this;

Import your character to Mass Effect 3 ....if you survive

So now this means I know

I have to make a decision that could result in my permanent death..I'm guessing from all of this that its at the end.

Through no fault of my own...why bother putting that in there? It's a minor thing but still didn't need to be there.

Anyway other than that I am loving this game. I love Bioware sooooo much. Baldurs Gate incredible, KOTOR 1 & 2 amazing... ME2 pure bliss. It's everything I imagined KOTOR being with better graphics and even grander scale. God I wish they were making a new KOTOR rather than the MMO Old Republic.

Think after I'm done with ME2 I may finally crack open Dragon Age (yes just as the second is about to release go figure) only reason havn't started it before is because I know how long it is and means I won't play anything else

You're looking too much into it.

You can die at the end, if you play the game a certain way, however, this is a game over with a special game over ending cinematic. This won't allow you to carry over your character though, you'll have to get a normal ending for this :rolleyes:.

You're looking too much into it.

You can die at the end, if you play the game a certain way, however, this is a game over with a special game over ending cinematic. This won't allow you to carry over your character though, you'll have to get a normal ending for this :rolleyes:.

I'm not gonna read that in case.

I've just started my PS3 FemShep to mop up a few remaining Trophies, taking the opportunity to spend an inordinate amount of time in the character creator once again. I'm pretty pleased with the results, albeit not the quality of the (spoiler-free) off-screen snaps:

dyerlog.jpg

mysteryi.jpg

identcode.jpg

Female Shepards tends to look fairly similar, I find, but that's probably my best stab at one yet.

Why not Share Your Shepâ„¢?

She looks slightly similar to my character. I'll see if I can get a snap in the next few days.

She looks the same as my Fem Shep too, probably because that's the only decent haircut and red is ...red.

Why not Share Your Shepâ„¢?

imag0020j.jpg

imag0022rn.jpg

Face is a bit funny, but it's the best I could come up with.

imag0023i.jpg

imag0027nz.jpg

What's that jacket? Tis pretty cool.

I've learned to hardly mess with the lips/nose etc. It often looks good on the character creation screen then a bit off once I start playing.

What's that jacket? Tis pretty cool.

It's one of the Normandy-only ones. I think you have it from the start of the game.

That's lovely news, even if expected.

I think my femshep is pretty sexy, and I'd love to take some screenshots, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way for either ME1 or ME1 to take those?

Maybe I'll go mess with the ini files from ME1 then, I don't want to bother with 3rd party apps.

That's lovely news, even if expected.

I think my femshep is pretty sexy, and I'd love to take some screenshots, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way for either ME1 or ME1 to take those?

Maybe I'll go mess with the ini files from ME1 then, I don't want to bother with 3rd party apps.

Doesn't print screen just work? I know it works with Football Manager lol so always assumed it does with other PC games.

Well finished this yesterday just shy of 42 hours played. I LOVED it! I would say this is up there with Heavy Rain and Super Mario Galaxy 2 as my game of this gen perhaps even surpassing them. The ending for me was wow. Apart from the slight mis step of the final "boss" I found it stiring and quite emotional. Also setting it up as a mission where anyone could die made the decisions seem much more poignant and there were moments throughout where things happened to characters I was with and I began to worry I'd lost them. (I made it through without losing anybody) I was in a relationship with a character and I just couldn't bear to not take them with me but then I thought are they more at risk doing all the dangerous stuff.

What next for my game then, well I hit continue and want to explore everywhere and find everything. Also I finished my game with Paragon maxed out and just a hint of Renegade, I wanna do a fem shep playthrough as a renegade. Can I still import my character and use existing weapons etc...but not my gender and "karma" status? Or do I have to start outright from scratch for that?

My ONE annoyance with the game was the god damn scanning of planets mechanic. It is sooooo brain numbingly boring! I have a potential solution though that I'd like to see implemented. The idea comes from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Make a meta game within the game sending out various crew members to explore and mine and planets. At first I thought these could be like second tier crew members who are generic and level up at their own pace much like AC. However I think using your actual crew could help add something new to the experience.

So you still have to go to a planet but you can then send down a shuttle away team captained by one your squad who are then unavailable for missions whilst they explore the planet. Then when they are down you have to go back to the planet and pick them up. So you can be off doing other missions in the same system (perhaps tying you down to staying in the same system would be a good way of honing in this new mechanic? I dunno just thinking out loud lol) Also early on when squad members are perhaps limited in numbers (will they make you assemble the whole team again?) this could be a risk reward dynamic as you send out crew members to collect resources you could tackle missions alone at the risk of failure or something? Maybe if you fail whilst alone your crew have to rush and rescue you and you lose the resources they have acquired? Anyway just an idea.

Scanning planets sucked, but at least on subsequent plays, you start with bonus resources. I was fortunate enough to play the game after my brother had already finished it, so I didn't have to do too much planet scanning. I can't believe they traded the Mako for this. :blank:

I'm not sure if your gender and karma carry over if you replay the game with the same character (at the very least, I don't think karma does), but it's not recommended, anyway. Enemies scale to your level, but you're not going to have any good weapons/equipment, making the game much harder at the beginning. Unless you're going for the achievement/trophy for reaching level 30, you may as well just start over with a new character.

Scanning planets sucked, but at least on subsequent plays, you start with bonus resources. I was fortunate enough to play the game after my brother had already finished it, so I didn't have to do too much planet scanning. I can't believe they traded the Mako for this. :blank:

I'm not sure if your gender and karma carry over if you replay the game with the same character (at the very least, I don't think karma does), but it's not recommended, anyway. Enemies scale to your level, but you're not going to have any good weapons/equipment, making the game much harder at the beginning. Unless you're going for the achievement/trophy for reaching level 30, you may as well just start over with a new character.

I don't know what the Mako is? I have never played the 1st being a PS3 owner/not having a gaming PC.

The mako is that Hammerhead's (the hovercraft) predecessor. In the first game, you had a thing on good old fashioned wheels.

922165-me_m35_mako_super.jpg

You used it for expeditions on planets with sidemissions. Many people hated the controls, but I personally didn't. The Hammerhead is better yes, but I still like the Mako. I'm not sure, but I believe their still is one in your cargo bay? You just can't get to it / use it.

The scanning was one of the things that was absolutely better in ME1. On planets you could land, there was actually exploration involved. Those planets had multiple points of interest, including your sidemission's objective, and minerals you could scan. On planets you could not land on, you simply had to click them to scan.

That said, I'd like to see it go away all together. I mean, you are on an important mission for God's sake. "But hey, can you do some mining along the way?"

The Normandy is not a fucking mining ship! :D :p.

I wonder where they store all those minerals..

Oh and about the Print Screen, I get a blank screen, as with most games.

Skipping the first Mass Effect ruins the most emotional part in Mass Effect 2 - the part where you find the destroyed Mako. Goodnight, sweet prince. :sad:

That said, I'd like to see it go away all together. I mean, you are on an important mission for God's sake.

MassEffect.png

Skipping the first Mass Effect ruins the most emotional part in Mass Effect 2 - the part where you find the destroyed Mako. Goodnight, sweet prince. :sad:

I still think that scene is kinda sad and emotional. I viewed it very much as holy shit what kind of enemy caused all this pain and destruction.

After a lot of cock-teasing by dribbling screen shots onto the internet a date & price for the last piece of significant DLC has finally arrived folks: "Arrival" will launch March 29th for 560 MSPoints or $6.99:

"All year, we have been extremely honored and humbled by the reception we have received for Mass Effect 2 from players around the world, including our post release DLC", said Casey Hudson, Executive Producer, Mass Effect series. "Mass Effect: Arrival is an exciting extension to Mass Effect 2 and will show players just how close the Reapers are to returning and completing their deadly harvest."

I do wish he'd shut up and take my money.

Here's one of those screens to whet your appetite -

masseffect-arrival.jpg

Also Hackett is back. Lance Henriksen people!

Edited by gaggle64

Great, it's official now. Can't remember what happened to Hacket though.. Nothing? Anyway, great to hear it's so soon either, I've got my points ready from when I bought some DA DLC. I wonder if the price means if it's not as big as The shadow broker though.. Seeing as this costs 560, and Shadow broker costs 800. Then again, I enjoyed Kasumi and Overlord as well. I hope though, they release another patch before / along with it.

Also, it seemed a matter of playing in windowed mode, still not the most practical way to get screencaps.. But I got it done.

I present to you:

Alessandra Shepard

a_shepard_02.jpg

a_shepard_00.jpg

(yeah, like others, I kept the default hair + colour, but it's perfect. And then to combine this beauty with Jennifer Hale's voice.. :love:)

Edited by Sméagol

I wonder if the price means if it's not as big as The shadow broker though.. Seeing as this costs 560, and Shadow broker costs 800. Then again, I enjoyed Kasumi and Overlord as well. I hope though, they release another patch before / along with it.

I hope it's cheaper because they want a lot of people to play it as somewhat of an appetizer or advertisement for ME3 and not because it is shorter. Although giving it away for free would have made the most sense then ::shrug: