NEurope
Dante

Mass Effect 2

Wasn't sure about getting this and caved in when at the shops today. Annoyingly the boxes were out but it had sold out everywhere.

All it would take is a sign to say 'sold out'. Gah...

Wasn't sure about getting this and caved in when at the shops today. Annoyingly the boxes were out but it had sold out everywhere.

All it would take is a sign to say 'sold out'. Gah...

So you didn't it in the end? Do you still plan on getting it?!

So you didn't it in the end? Do you still plan on getting it?!

Didn't get it no, will wait a bit now.

The only annoyance is the text, which is fine on the big tv downstairs, but I had such a hard time reading this on a small telly, I think it's a bit like banjo and kazooie, but otherwise I love it, I can't recall why I never before this as soon as it came out?

Blame Game. Over the past year they've decided that downloads are the devil and will kill their business off if they aren't controlled. They've started to demand that publishers price digital versions of all games at (or near) RRP, threatening publishers with everything from lower chart positions to not stocking the title on any format if any download is priced too low. They've even been demanding that developers drop support for Steamworks, with the promise that if they don't then Game will not stock any titles using it.

It's put me off buying from them TBH.

Blame Game. Over the past year they've decided that downloads are the devil and will kill their business off if they aren't controlled. They've started to demand that publishers price digital versions of all games at (or near) RRP, threatening publishers with everything from lower chart positions to not stocking the title on any format if any download is priced too low. They've even been demanding that developers drop support for Steamworks, with the promise that if they don't then Game will not stock any titles using it.

It's put me off buying from them TBH.

I knew about the steamwork issue as it was bought up around the time of Football Manager 2011's release. Screw them...rarely use them anyway...even less reason to now with so many other places now doing trade ins and so many other online stores offering better prices.

threatening publishers with everything from lower chart positions

Does anyone really go into GAME and buy something based on where it is in their chart? :shakehead

Does anyone really go into GAME and buy something based on where it is in their chart? :shakehead

Probably the majority of people who buy games (i.e. not gamers like us).

http://www.mcvuk.com/features/808/OPINION-Retail-vs-Steam

That makes for an interesting read.

I've started to use Amazon for trade-ins. They give pretty good prices, plus Amazon credit is genuinely useful (especially as a Prime member). If the devs really do get considerably more cash from download sales then I'll move towards that though, as long as pricing is competitive.

Gonna thrip this when I get home (on the iPad at the moment), think the discussion is worthy of it's own topic.

Edited by McPhee

Any news of more DLC on the way? I'm 175 exp points away from level 30 and I've completed absoultely every mission on the main game and DLC. That power gamer achievement is sat on my dashboard taunting me...

It was a while ago so I can't be sure, but I have the achievement and I certainly had it way before I got any DLC. You sure you've found all the side missions?

I'm pretty sure I got the achievement on my first play through with only the Zaed DLC, although I did import a level 60 from ME1, dunno how much difference that makes?!

It was a while ago so I can't be sure, but I have the achievement and I certainly had it way before I got any DLC. You sure you've found all the side missions?

Did you carry over your character from the first game? Depending on the level of the character you carry over, you start on level 1, 3 or 5 (I think). It makes a big difference.

You don't keep your stats on NewGame+

However, you get XP boosts by:

- Using an ME1 character

- Having the completed game achievement/trophy (I believe you start at a higher level, get 10% more XP and extra resources so much less scanning is needed).

Did you carry over your character from the first game? Depending on the level of the character you carry over, you start on level 1, 3 or 5 (I think). It makes a big difference.
Ah yeah good point I did bring over lvl 60 ME1 characters :3

New appearance pack out soon if you've got a few pints going spare - nice to see Miranda putting on some appropriate attire for once, the degenerate hussie.

alternate_appearance2-01-p.jpg

Weird- I've never notice quarian feet being like that. Kapow.

This is a side of you I never expected to see.

The extra outfits for your crewmates were crap on both games IMO. It was nice to change the colours up a bit but they didn't put a lot of effort in. For the most part it was just new colours/textures. I think even Jack swapping from scantily-clad to black leather was little more than a switched pallette.

Compared to the different armours/helmets you can get for yourself, it was a bit disappointing.

You don't keep your stats on NewGame+

I've just started my insanity playthrough, and kept my level 30 Soldier. Although I am playing the PS3 version so don't know if it's different?

I've just started my insanity playthrough, and kept my level 30 Soldier. Although I am playing the PS3 version so don't know if it's different?

I think it's more likely that I was wrong.

How are you finding insanity?

You're actually doing it the hard way by starting again on level 30. All the enemies will be leveled up to match, but you wont have any upgraded weapons, making the start of the game extra tough!

Eddage speaks the truth, as counter intuitive as it might be Insanity is easier with a fresh character. On PS3 I made it my first playthrough with an Infiltrator — the SMG from Kasumi's mission is a Godsend — although Soldier is also a decent choice as the Vindicator battle rifle is a beast when it comes to stripping enemy defences and you're well kitted out with ammo abilities.

Incidentally there's a bug in the PS3 version in regards to the Insanity Trophy. Apparently if you play a different character set to a lower difficulty it counts as changing the difficulty for your Insanity Shepard, so if you're after the Trophy I suggest not playing any other characters until you have it.