NEurope

I finished the original game and had to force myself to play all through out. Its got nothing on RE4. Was fairly dull and mundane aside from the various 'shock moments'. The core gameplay was very weak and keeps repeating when its not even interesting. Presentation was bog standard for a multiplatform game. Clearly hugely overrated.

Not worth your time unless you were really desperate for a horror game.

I beg to differ as do many on the forums. Dead Space was a great title which had an awesome atmosphere about it. I finished the game 3 times and I would still play it again if time allowed me to. This heading to the Wii is a great move providing they do it right.

Its all a matter of opinion though I mean you loved Prince of Persia and I thought it was a piece of junk. There are very few games which I start and dont finish, especially when achievement points are on the cards but PoP was one of them :)

I beg to differ as do many on the forums. Dead Space was a great title which had an awesome atmosphere about it. I finished the game 3 times and I would still play it again if time allowed me to. This heading to the Wii is a great move providing they do it right.

Its all a matter of opinion though I mean you loved Prince of Persia and I thought it was a piece of junk. There are very few games which I start and dont finish, especially when achievement points are on the cards but PoP was one of them :)

Completely agree with this statement. Dead Space walks up and down PoP's ass... Mmm... Repetitive gameplay! At least Dead Space mixed things up.

I never played the original, but I have to admit it looked pretty damn fine. This version could obviously turn out being pretty sub-par, but I think EA deserve a little faith. As far as things go in the industry these, they aren't really as bad as certain other companies porting content to Wii.

Wow, what great news to start the day with! Dead Space looked awesome on the other consoles. I hope now we'll begin to see versions of these big games released alongside their PS3/360 cousins.

That's like asking the sun not to rise tomorrow. It's pretty clear from the Dead Rising thread that people won't give the game a chance regardless of weather it's a port or a given a wii like twist.

That´s because it would inevitably be compared to the original and from what has been shown there was nothing new being brought on the table and stuff that made the game fun was removed.

Until they start showing stuff there´s not much to be said except "bla bla hope it will turn great bla bla dead rising bla"

Great news though. Hope Wii really starts to dominate...... destroy the market :)

Where have you been? Its already managed to do both

Developer from another board:

EA Redwood as of this morning is currently a 'big' studio. Obviously as we've seen in recent days this can change at any time but suffice to say that the entire studio didn't work on the original Dead Space (for example Godfather 2 was in production at the same time) and the entire studio isn't working on Dante's Inferno either.

Not sure how much I can say if anything about the folks working on the Dead Space Wii. I'm not working on it myself, although I have seen it running, hence my earlier comment about it being unlikely that it will be graphically disappointing for the majority on neogaf.

As for my own 'Wii hate' I can still evaluate whether something is good on the platform or not even though I don't really play mine at home. Maybe if there were more games like Dead Space Wii I'd actually play it, heh.

Where have you been? Its already managed to do both

I think he meant the hardcore/mainstream market.

While saying all Wii owners are casual is stereotyping, they don't have as big a hardcore/mainstream market as Microsoft. There are hardcore gamers who have Wii consoles though.

well, dead space was a supprise hit for me, im not a big horror game fan but it was just alot of fun.

just again, i wounder how well the wii can handle the physics of the whole thing

OK, I don't really know about this sort of stuff, but some guy has got the PC version to work with the Wii-mote/nunchuck to show how the game could be done:

http://www.cubed3.com/news/11602

Dead Space is already compatible with Nintendo's Wii Remote in a script available for the PC version.

EA recently announced that Wii will launch into Dead Space with an entry into the franchise that'll presumably come equipped with Wii Remote support.

Those wanting a taster of what it could be like to play the game with the remote can grab a script to map Wii Remote controls on the PC, released back in November 2008.

I just got all trophies today in the PS3 version. I don't think I'll be playing it again anytime soon, but I honestly wouldn't mind starting another run really. The game is just that good. Can't wait to play it on Wii!

I just got all trophies today in the PS3 version. I don't think I'll be playing it again anytime soon, but I honestly wouldn't mind starting another run really. The game is just that good. Can't wait to play it on Wii!

it is great you know, one of the best bits happens so early on

when your running from the aliens at the very start, get to the lfit, get in, only for the doors to be pulled open at the last second before slamming again and cutting the alien appart. so fucking intense!

Here's some interesting info from GoNintendo.

Here’s a very interesting video. I had no idea that Dead Space was originally in the works for the original Xbox…we just never heard about that publicly. The video below shows the Xbox version, before the whole game got moved over to next-gen. Hopefully the Wii version of the game can match this graphical fidelity.

Ooooh, that looks awesome! There's no reason the Wii couldn't do that, so lets hope that's the type of thing we get!

Someone should send it to EA in an email just to jog their memory! with the note: Wii > Xbox!

From what I can see, that looks pretty good, but its hard to tell with that low quality video.

From what I can see, that looks pretty good, but its hard to tell with that low quality video.

agreed. i was thinking it looks pretty sweet, but then, you cant see much., i imagine teqtures arnt up to much.

then again, so long as its fun, who gives a rip?

From what you can see it looks good. Think that this would be the basis for the Wii version anyway as I really don't think the team working on it would try and bring the 360/PS3 game down onto Wii hardware. That original concept will be on hardware close to the Wii's current capabilities so it would make more sense to go with that. And I don't think the textures would have been too bad. The original xbox was capable of some pretty impressive things and in many sci-fi titles released on it, the textures seemed top notch to me.

I'm actually quite excited to see how the Wii game actually looks and how it plays. Shouldn't be long till we see it, going by all the talk that stuff may be getting shown in a few weeks.

That would explain why it's coming to Wii in the first place then. Cynical, but probably true.

It's sad when Wii gamers have to "hope" that a game looks as good as one on a less-powerful console.

It has the potential to look better than what we saw on the video of the XBOX version..But given the different architectures between the XBOX and Wii, will they put in the effort to get it there?

@ D_prOdigy - The Wii and 360 are supposedly very close in terms of the power they possess, with the Wii perhaps being only slightly more powerful. Both are running at about 733Mhz or so, the xbox a little less and the Wii slightly more.

The Wii and 360 are supposedly very close in terms of the power they possess

Eh? I assume you mean the original Xbox?

And on paper, Xbox games should have been quite a bit more technologically ahead than Gamecube games than they actually were. Efficiency of the technology can play a big part in it too, as we all know. With Wii basically being an even more refined Gamecube, the efficiency of the tech, plus the mere ease of developing for a console so similar in vein to one that's been available for the best part of a decade, I don't think it's too hard a stretch to want something that's a little more than Xbox assests.

Having said that, the above video does look very good.