NEurope
Ren of Heavens

Need For Speed Nitro

Erm....it's like Burnout but without traffic and crashing (and possibly bad controls). Still, I think it looks quite nice.

Actually...why don't they just take the Burnout Revenge engine and make another non-Criterion Burnout (they're not as good as the main ones, but they're still good)?

Well they've managed to make a game that looks worse in every way than Burnout 2 on the GC! Good job!!

New trailer. No in game footage by the looks of it but it appears that it's taking some cues from de Blob.

Oh my! That was for GC? Gots to get me some of that!

Granted, this doesn't have car damage (I think?), but I'll wait for some more footage to pass judgment. At the very least I'm glad they didn't went all kiddy with this one.

It's awesome!

Best version of Burnout 2 tbf. The GC controller was perfect for it. (Even Alex Ward at Criterion said so.)

God I loved Burnout 2 on the GC. I used to play it religiously and it's therefore a damn crime to humanity that we don't have a burnout for Wii. Even if we got 'new play control' I'd be ecstatic!

C'mon EA...Show the love. Now that Criterion are DLC happy with Burnout Paradise I'd just love to see them go back to a more focused racer like the original trilogy. Heck, Burnout 3 was incredible (and not on Nintendo) so give us that!

*Wishes* (And, Criterion/EA throw Black in there too!)

..yeh.. Burnout 2 was fantastic :smile: ..I too would probably accept a port of Burnout 3: Takedown on the Wii if the opportunity ever arose :heh:

The trees definitely suggest it is in game.. and it is almost ridiculous to even have to question this as the Wii should be capable of handling that and much more!

It would be nice if this turns out well.. but we'll have to wait and see.. it's not really on my radar at the moment :heh:

^ yeah I don't like it either.

But there was an in-game video at the top of this page, which is now down, and it looked better in motion, but not OMG wow!

Best version of Burnout 2 tbf. The GC controller was perfect for it. (Even Alex Ward at Criterion said so.)

God I loved Burnout 2 on the GC. I used to play it religiously and it's therefore a damn crime to humanity that we don't have a burnout for Wii. Even if we got 'new play control' I'd be ecstatic!

C'mon EA...Show the love. Now that Criterion are DLC happy with Burnout Paradise I'd just love to see them go back to a more focused racer like the original trilogy. Heck, Burnout 3 was incredible (and not on Nintendo) so give us that!

*Wishes* (And, Criterion/EA throw Black in there too!)

Really? you guys like burnout 2 on on the cube? I have it and I find it slow, dull and frustrating (you just have to graze another car and you crash/come to a complete stand still).

Well I never had the chance to play Burnout 2, just the first which made me hate the series. Burnout 3 is probably one of the best driving games I've ever played, minus all the EA radio crap that keeps cropping up, but you can just turn that off.

Well I never had the chance to play Burnout 2, just the first which made me hate the series. Burnout 3 is probably one of the best driving games I've ever played, minus all the EA radio crap that keeps cropping up, but you can just turn that off.

Ive only played Burnout Legends on the PSP (which I think is great) and Burnout 2 on the Cube whicjh is VERY lame imo.

Really? you guys like burnout 2 on on the cube? I have it and I find it slow, dull and frustrating (you just have to graze another car and you crash/come to a complete stand still).

Don't agree, it's anything but slow when you're trying to keep your boost meter loaded at all times. And driving at constant boost on the wrong side of the road, dodging and weaving cars is one exhilerating ride. Plus it looked great and had some great tracks.

NFS: Nitro - Producer Interview

That's definately peaked my interest in this 'Bad-ass, not kiddie' game! haha!

Looking forward to a proper in game trailer!

Edited by Retro_Link

Don't agree, it's anything but slow when you're trying to keep your boost meter loaded at all times. And driving at constant boost on the wrong side of the road, dodging and weaving cars is one exhilerating ride. Plus it looked great and had some great tracks.

Im playing again now for the 1st time in ages (gave it ago again to reavalute my opinon before posting -comment above) now finding it ...ok, Ill keep playing maybe there is a better game to be had here if stick with it. Looking for to Nitro now also.

Edited by Pete

Have you got all the cars unlocked?

Maybe not all the cars but I do have most unlocked im fairly sure.

Edited by Pete

NFS: Nitro - Producer Interview

That's definately peaked my interest in this 'Bad-ass, not kiddie' game! haha!

Looking forward to a proper in game trailer!

I actually really liked what he had to say about building Wii titles from the ground up, gives slight hope. Also geat they're including all the control schemes.

Sadly it doesn't make those screens look any better lol

Although speaking the truth here. Burnout has always been a better racing series than need for speed.