NEurope
Guest Maase

Team Fortress 2

Nevermind. I got about 5 people together and nobody else turned up. YOU ALL SUCK :(

Genuinely need more telegraphing there Dyson, at that point yesterday I was asleep in a wine induced coma.

Alright motherfuckers. Assemmmmbleeee!

Edit: Dudes, that only cool if IT WORKS THE FIRST TIME.

Fuckers.

Edited by The Bard

Hahaha sorry Bard. We're genuinely quite awful at this.

What does everyone think of 9pm tomorrow? If we could get a Steam event set up that'd be awesome. Might talk to Cube.

Sorry, I missed the announcements the last few days. I think I can make it online tonight.

If you don’t mind a crap player (rarely play this, MW2 and such is more my thing, but if I play, I’m usually heavy or medic).

Hahaha sorry Bard. We're genuinely quite awful at this.

What does everyone think of 9pm tomorrow? If we could get a Steam event set up that'd be awesome. Might talk to Cube.

Make that 8 and I'm in for the long haul ;)

You can set up events yourself by the way Dyson. I made one now, for today, 8 PM UK. I can change it if people like. Or you can set up an event.

So is there a little TF2 cabal here on N-E? Possibly even some sort of mentalist with a server setup? I've procured this game given its recent freeness and play quite regularly with Marcamillian, keep thinking it'd be nice to get a game going with a bunch of guys we know.

So, I’m online.. A few others I see.. Game?

Haha, unfortunately, the summer sale results in Steam breaking.. Great timing :rolleyes: !

Well, I see 3 of us in-game, but on different servers. If some more join, we should agree on a server.

I'm considering setting up a server with one of my computers if I can ever find myself to be arsed. If I do I'll keep you guys all posted and stuff. How does like the listen server thing work in game?

It'd probably easier to "purchase" a server to play on, but it is very hard to get a server established to where people are playing all the time (and possibly donating). It requires a lot of advertising to add the server to the favorites and just hanging out idling to try and start it.

Oh, I wasn't planning to become a big thing, just a server I'd run in the evenings when home/when we wanna do a mass game sort of thing. Leave it running while I'm home even if I'm not on etc. I think I might need more RAM in the comp I planned to use, though.

I've been thinking about renting a TF2 server for a while. Might take the plunge this week and see how it goes. If it takes off I'll keep it going.

Edited by McPhee

If by now you mean an hour from now (then).

I mean now. Who is up for some right now? :p

If by now you mean an hour from now (then).

I mean now. Who is up for some right now? :p

Just added you on steam.

Sorry guys, been without internet since Friday. Hopefully get it fixed tomorrow...

The class I've played the most thus far? Pyro. Because I just luurrrrve to set everything on fire :D Nothing like a good dose of panic and chaos, oh yeah...

This game runs so smoothly on this PC (I was a bit jerky on the last one I played it on...back in 2007). I seemed to be better as Soldier and Pyro.

I only wish that the crouch was toggle - it's very annoying having to hold down the left stick to move while crouched.

I'd like to play this this evening? Do N-Eers get together? I find it easier to get to grips with an multiplayer-only game when the enemies have faces :heh:

I can’t tonight (unless after midnight), but I’m available for tomorrownight if people want to play a game then. Just set up a Steam group event, otherwise I’ll check this thread.

This game runs so smoothly on this PC (I was a bit jerky on the last one I played it on...back in 2007). I seemed to be better as Soldier and Pyro.

I only wish that the crouch was toggle - it's very annoying having to hold down the left stick to move while crouched.

Have you tried using a keyboard? I find it much easier to handle crouching when it's Left Shift.

I'll pop on later. Got to go watch some Shakespear play thingy first.

Go in to console and type

bind <key> toggle_duck

I'm not sure how keys on a gamepad are identified though, so I can't tell you what <key> will be.