NEurope
stuwii

360 to dvi-i

I have a Tv with only a DVI slot but I have no audio after usind a HDMI to DVI cable Help

You may need to use VGA on your 360 and use a VGA-DVI adapter. I wouldn't do that just yet though, since Idk if it's possible to use HDMI and still send audio through the regular cables, so try that too.

DVI is only video. You need an alternative way of getting audio through.

You need to use an optical or standard audio output (L + R) on your tv.

DVI is only video. You need an alternative way of getting audio through.

You need to use an optical or standard audio output (L + R) on your tv.

But how do I to get that to 360

But how do I to get that to 360

Get a normal composite cable:

avcable5ys.jpg

Hook it up and hook the audio cables to wherever you want the sound to come out from.

Bear in mind that the 360 will take longer to boot with both cables plugged in.

Get a normal composite cable:

avcable5ys.jpg

Hook it up and hook the audio cables to wherever you want the sound to come out from.

Bear in mind that the 360 will take longer to boot with both cables plugged in.

You can't do that they don't fit in together

I find it rather hard to believe that you have a TV with only a DVI slot. Don't you have HDMI/Component/Scart/RGB connections?

If you actually do have only that socket, you got a pretty fail TV.

He's turning into quite the spammer. Frankly I was surprised he didn't make another thread about some managers question on Fifa for the Wii when he pretty much answered his own question whenever he posted.

You can't do that they don't fit in together

Oh right I forgot to mention it can't be the official cable. Well, it can be the official one but you have to take the plastic off, but GAME's s-video cables work for example.

what other inputs does your tv have?

Also do you have a surround system?

Stuwii you won't get sound by doing it that way but if you are getting a clear picture at least then leave that bit as it is and get on of these for your audio...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XBOX-360-ELITE-HD-STEREO-DIGITAL-AUDIO-LEAD-DONGLE-RARE_W0QQitemZ120368983892QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN?hash=item120368983892&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

They come with all 360 Elite consoles but some people don't need them and so put them on eBay, anyway it's an audio dongle that plugs in where the standard video cable usually does and supports both optical and stereo cables. :smile: