NEurope
Dante

The sterling is finished?

This is a good post. The UK government do a good job of of running the UK, but a country of 1.3bil? When one in three children live in poverty? If a country is taking over the entire world, yeah I want China. As for Tibet, I say what I always say, they have far more reason to be there than the UK does to be in the Falklands. But you never hear about that do you? Well except in Argentina.

So that makes it alright? The difference is, that you've conveniently left out, is that the majority of the people in the Falklands want to be a part of the United Kingdom. They want to. How dare you compare an overseas territory where the majority of people want to be part of the UK to Tibet, a land struggling with freedom of religion, oppression by the Chinese Government, and where the majority want independence? Check your facts out before making a bold, and, thus, untrue statement like that next time.

All that, and I can't be bothered to comment on the thread's topic.

One of my friends is from the Falkland Islands, and I can assure you they do want to be British. They get the majority of their medical care/further schooling n such from us.

So that makes it alright? The difference is, that you've conveniently left out, is that the majority of the people in the Falklands want to be a part of the United Kingdom. They want to. How dare you compare an overseas territory where the majority of people want to be part of the UK to Tibet, a land struggling with freedom of religion, oppression by the Chinese Government, and where the majority want independence? Check your facts out before making a bold, and, thus, untrue statement like that next time.

All that, and I can't be bothered to comment on the thread's topic.

One of my friends is from the Falkland Islands, and I can assure you they do want to be British. They get the majority of their medical care/further schooling n such from us.

I was answering a question of legitimacy, not moral grounding. Look Tibet is a massive topic and we did it like six months ago. I answered all the arguments people threw at me then, so search for that if you want. I think it was just called 'free tibet'.

I posted a thread about the €/£ exchange rate a few weeks back.

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23440

Sterling is nowhere near finished yet. Currencies fluctuate for fuck sake! The Bank of England retain their right to set interest rates (something which eurozone countries foregoed to join the EMU). By retaining this crucial monetary policy instrument, sterling (if properly manged) will be okay in the long run. Short term the UK will probably have bleak currency outlooks, leading to quantitatinve easing and then large inflation.

The UK would be foolish to join the eurozone at this or any of the recent exchange rates.

I was answering a question of legitimacy, not moral grounding. Look Tibet is a massive topic and we did it like six months ago. I answered all the arguments people threw at me then, so search for that if you want. I think it was just called 'free tibet'.

I'm more concerned with your poor comparison than a previous thread.

I don't understand when people say "lower than it has been for 7 years" or "colder than it has been in 10 years" as though that's meant to be epic. If it was this low 7 years ago surely that just shows that it recovered again.