NEurope
McPhee

The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf (360/PS3)

Rise_of_the_White_Wolf.jpg

The Best PC RPG in years... remade into the ultimate console RPG. Find out why The Witcher has sold more than a million copies and won more than 100 awards. The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf is built from the ground up using the PC game's acclaimed story to deliver console gamers a truly unique and extraordinary role-playing game.

Become the legendary monster slayer Geralt of Riva, The White Wolf, in an unrivalled RPG experience where the choices you make shape the world around you like never before. Set in the world created by visionary fantasy Author Andrzej Sapkowski, The Witcher: rise of the White Wolf sets a new standard for mature role-playing games with a gripping non-linear story and a visceral real-time combat system that showcases Geralt's sword-fighting mastery.

• Create the ultimate monster slayer by choosing from more than 130 different attributes, combat skills and magical powers.

• Play through the epic story-driven campaign, featuring 40 to 100 hours of gameplay with extensive replay value, during which you'll make meaningful choices that ultimately lead to three alternative endings.

• Vanquish your foes in intense real-time combat using six different fighting styles, modifiable weapons, evasive maneuvers, parries, counter-attacks, magic and devastation special attacks.

• Immerse yourself in a foreboding fantasy world unlike anything you've seen before, fusing the latest graphic technology with memorable artistic flair.

screenpop.php?id=363604

screenpop.php?id=363606

screenpop.php?id=363602

screenpop.php?id=363600

I bought the PC version at launch in November(?) 2007 and to this day it's still one of my favourite games. Sadly i never got to complete it, there was technical issues with the game that meant it crashed after about 10 hours play on my PC. The Enhanced Edition is now out (free download for those who purchased The Witcher the first time around) so hopefully that'll solve my problems.

Regardless, i'm still looking forward to the console version. The game is incredible, and to think that it's the first release from a small eastern-European developer is incredible. It'll be interesting to see what changes they make, they've insisted that it's NOT a port and that the only thing they are carrying across is the story. It'll be a console RPG, not a PC RPG ported to consoles.

I picked up the Enhanced Edition at release. It is a great game, I even managed to convince a few peeps to pick it up also. If you don't do PCs, I recommend getting this, assuming it truly is as they say not a port.

They say just the story is being ported, but that makes the a little odd. Since Geralt is the White Wolf, the subtitle hints at a bit of prequel.

I'm definitely getting this for PS3.

Absolutely no idea what it is or how it plays but I've been pretty hooked on WRPG's lately, think it's due to the lack of JRPGs lol.

I'm definitely getting this for PS3.

Absolutely no idea what it is or how it plays but I've been pretty hooked on WRPG's lately, think it's due to the lack of JRPGs lol.

The PC version plays like Guild Wars, you pick an enemy and Geralt fights it. The game does the attacks while you focus on other elements (fighting style, choice of weapon, alchemy etc). The console version will likely be more of a hack 'n slash affair down the lines of Fable 2, they'll be looking to give you more direct control over the character's actions. It'll take away some of the strategy, but the game should feel faster, more frantic and just generally more natural to the console platform than a port of the PC version would.

The PC version plays like Guild Wars, you pick an enemy and Geralt fights it. The game does the attacks while you focus on other elements (fighting style, choice of weapon, alchemy etc). The console version will likely be more of a hack 'n slash affair down the lines of Fable 2, they'll be looking to give you more direct control over the character's actions. It'll take away some of the strategy, but the game should feel faster, more frantic and just generally more natural to the console platform than a port of the PC version would.

Provided they don't put this in the Christmas Glut of games I'll be sure to be an early adopter then. Would be great to have something like this over summer or in the early weeks back at uni, I'll get it one way or another.

Sounds interesting anyway, another game for the list.