NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

O2 Internet slow at peak times?

I've noticed over the last few days that my O2 internet (medium package) is going slowly over certain times of the day, generally from 3pm onwards whereas in the morning its going really fast (was able to download at 1.2MB/s earlier today).

Have they introduced a peak time thing or something? I thought O2/Be were meant to be the best at the moment?

They are the best, but they still get hit by peak times.

Are you on an Be/O2 exchange or a BT one? Because if you pay like £20 a month for 8mbit, you're using a BT exchange. Prone to these slow speeds.

We never go below 4mbit, even on peak times here... but then again i'm less than 20m (thats metres not miles) from the exchange.

Paying £10 a month (O2 customer so get a £5 discount) for 20mb although the max I can get here is 16Mb apparently.

O2/Be are upgrading some of their exchanges at the moment. Due to them being great, so many people have signed up and thus at peak times sometimes internet speed is hit.

There is some info I read somewhere....digistalspy or on the Be forums.

Mine was a bit dodge for about 2-3 weeks but now its back to normal and im getting the same speeds as when I first signed up, usually hit around 6MB and my exchange is 1.7 miles away.

O2/Be are upgrading some of their exchanges at the moment. Due to them being great, so many people have signed up and thus at peak times sometimes internet speed is hit.

There is some info I read somewhere....digistalspy or on the Be forums.

Mine was a bit dodge for about 2-3 weeks but now its back to normal and im getting the same speeds as when I first signed up, usually hit around 6MB and my exchange is 1.7 miles away.

Here's a news story on it: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/news/be-and-o2-to-combat-congestion-hotspots-with-network-upgrade-489.html

I've noticed that speed has dropped a little at peak times recently, but it's still significantly better than Orange was. Hopefully this will make an already great service even better :yay:

Theres supposedly a planned outage for my area between 12 and 7 tonight.. anyone know if it will be completly dead or just slow?

there goes 12 and nothing

Theres supposedly a planned outage for my area between 12 and 7 tonight.. anyone know if it will be completly dead or just slow?

there goes 12 and nothing

I think it may have been put back.... Not 100% sure.

If it does go ahead I have no idea what the internet will be like for you. Could be a complete block out or you may just have trouble accessing certain websites hosted in certain places.

I remember once on an outage everything was working ok except for american hosted websites...

Sign in to follow this