NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Raining_again

George Best's last hours

George Best is a god here in Northern Ireland we worship the ground he walked on, he will be greatly missed.

*chants* theres only one Georgie Best, theres only one Georgie Best

Saying good riddance to someone who has died, just because he made mistake in his life is out of order, and those who say that are just dicks.

Pele said that Best was the greatest player of his generation, he will be to me, as one of the greatest player ever for Manutd and a true legend. all people have baggage, you think hes the only one that died from alcoholism. get real

RIP George Best

manchester_utd_george_best_1968.JPG

Legend

I'm going to leave this open to people who might want to pay tribute to the man. If you dont want to - then dont and keep snide comments to yourself. Please dont let this be locked again :)

No doubting the mans' genious with a round ball, he could do things others only dreamed off.

R.I.P Bestie

R.I.P Mr Best, its quite weird knowing that the man's gone when he was just shown yesterday on t.v. and in the newspapers. Makes you realise how truly short and fragile life is. I for one shall remember him for his magic on the pitch just as he'd have liked.

RIP Mr.George Best

I wish Northern Ireland had made it through to World Cup during your time on pitch then the whole world could have witnessed your footballing talent.

Should of stopped drinking when he got that new liver no sympathy coming from my direction

good job he stopped drinking some time ago and died of an infection and organ failure brought on by immune system repressing medication for his liver, eh?

shut the hell up.

Should of stopped drinking when he got that new liver no sympathy coming from my direction

Look if you dont want to pay your respects for Best then stay the fuck out.

And like Dan Dare said he did stop drinking, he died due to other reasons.

hey come on theres no need to be nasty, he was a drinker yeah, but sometimes its not that easy to stop something when your addicted, he was a good football player, and lots of people loved him here by the sounds of it.

RIP Best. Northern Ireland won't see another footballer like you again. you gave us hope when we had so much trouble.

I wonder why his organs failed perhaps cause he was a drinker?

I just told you. you can read, right?

if your gonna slate him because of the alcoholism, then why dont u slate millions of other people because of their alcoholism while your at it,

the point being, Best was the first true footballing icon, he is what ever footballer should be, he was famous, he might of been wealthy, but that didnt stop him from walking down the streets in manchester, and signing peoples autographs. he didnt need a big mansion or any of that, yet the genius he provided with his footballing talent made the whole world happy, he was to football what muhummed ali or john lewis was to boxing.

if your gonna slate him because of the alcoholism, then why dont u slate millions of other people because of their alcoholism while your at it,

the point being, Best was the first true footballing icon, he is what ever footballer should be, he was famous, he might of been wealthy, but that didnt stop him from walking down the streets in manchester, and signing peoples autographs. he didnt need a big mansion or any of that, yet the genius he provided with his footballing talent made the whole world happy, he was to football what muhummed ali or john lewis was to boxing.

Respect man, well said.

This thread was re-opened to allow people to pay respect to George Best, so let's keep it that way

He may of been a good footballer or whatever but those that are saying it wasn't alcohol are ignoring the fact he wasted a perfectly good liver

Sign in to follow this