NEurope
fex

Cinema Ticket Prices

Having been browsing films at my local Odeon I realised it cost £7.20 a ticket. I'll end up paying for my girlfriend so thats £14.40! Not to mention another £6 if we fancy some pop corn and a drink. Which bumps it to a grand total of £20 :eek:. It's cheaper to wait 3 months and buy it so I can watch it as many times as I like and with there being a ton of films I've not yet seen surely I'm best watching these whilst waiting for it to be released.

How much does it cost at your cinema? Is the cinema experience really worth the expense?

Leicester Square, £12.50.

One street away from Leicester Square, around £8.

It's £10.90 a ticket at the cinema I work at. But then you do get lovely leather sofas to sit on, but still, it's extortion.

£3. I get them for half price and buy 1 get 1 free from my work.

For everything else, there's horribly illegal piracy, and no, cinema is never worth it in my opinion unless you have a really small monitor, good lord, you have to stand in queue surrounded by stupid chavs and such, and then you sit in some shitty sticky seat surrounded by people giggling and using their phones. Fuck that

£4.60 at Glasgow with my student discount. I think it's £5.70 for a regular adult. I never buy food at cinemas though, like hell i'll pay £5 for some popcorn.

About £4 with a student card. Just pop into your local shop for some snacky goodness before you go it - only a fool buys cinema food!

I live in London and my local cinema is £4 with a student card or if you're an OAP, about £6 for everyone else.

They have a cheap night every Monday which is £3 for everyone, and once a month they have £1 tickets. Even at £4 its far cheaper than everywhere else and its a damn good cinema to boot.

I use the Unlimited card with Cineworld. I think it's normally around 5.50 for Adult and an extra £2 for 3D Movies.

I adore the cinema and it's very rare that a friend and myself attend and have problems with people using phones/shouting etc.

I do agree Cinema food is expensive which is why I normally grab a meal with said friend before/after the movie or bring my own food.

Ah-ah! I win! The theater I go to is 3£ if you're a student. Of course, all other theaters are expensive as shit... but the one I go to is cheap as hell and a very good one!

I only have one choice for a cinema here, sadly. And it's about €8.35 for a ticket I think. €7.35 if you buy a student card from them though (yes, buy, for €1, heh). Purchased one this year, hope I can use it at some point... not that I go to the cinema often but you know.

And I pretty much always buy a popcorn and coke at the cinema, because I can't get a popcorn like that anywhere else, heh. I think I pay about €4.75 for a 0.5 liter coke and a pretty nicely sized popcorn. Mmmm.

Its £8.00 at my local, standard.

£5.00 on bargain Tuesday.

Down the ole' A41 in Hemel its

£6.90 standard.

£3.95 bargain Tuesday. I think.

I think it's £6.20 for a standard adult. Usually get orange wednesdays though so 241. And my snacks come from Home Bargains.

I think it's £6.20 for a standard adult. Usually get orange wednesdays though so 241. And my snacks come from Home Bargains.

£4.40 student. Not sure about adult

£7.60 here in harrogate at the odeon! Although a trick I have done a couple of times is bought the tickets online and bought student tickets and then get them out of the self service machine they never seem to bother checking when ur going into the screen.

Cost me £4.50 student the last time I went, but it was bargain tuesday. I think the regular price for an adult is £6.10 and regular student is £5.60. Absolute rip off.

At our old cinema I use to go on a fiver. £1 bus to town, £1.50 cinema ticket, £2.50 for a McDonalds. Oh I wish I was a kid again.

Its £8.00 at my local, standard.

£5.00 on bargain Tuesday.

Down the ole' A41 in Hemel its

£6.90 standard.

£3.95 bargain Tuesday. I think.

Gotta think about petrol to Hemel though, it's all swings and roundabouts ;)

£6.50 at my local Cineworld, while it's £3.80 at an independent cinema on the island, but I've only been there once as it's in the centre of chav city, a very dirty place and doesn't have a very good screen.

I have thought about buying an Unlimited card, but I don't know if it's worth it as my local Cineworld is about 40 miles, so all the money I think I'm saving, might just be going on extra petrol.

Gotta think about petrol to Hemel though, it's all swings and roundabouts ;)

Aye, but if you watch in Ayles = car parking price too (when applicable) See sawes.

And the environment cost of pollution.

Don't tell me you believe in that hearsay that petrol damages the environment?

Personally I'd rather watch films at home, there are very few films I'd bother to go and see at the cinema, maybe it's because the only two cinemas that are near where I live are run down and overpriced... Idk but it just seems logical to me to get it on dvd (I'm not too bothered when I see new films) or rent it, save money and watch it on a screen with a decent picture and a setup with decent sound (the bass is always distorted in the cinema) plus as a bonus you can guarantee you won't have some irritating sod sat in front, behind or beside you.

So yeah I still prefer home cinema to 'real' cinema but maybe thats just me... :heh: *shrugs*

Well for me £7.20 is just a Saturday thing. If you go in on any other day of the week its like £6.50 or something

I used to go once a week but last year the ticket prices steadily started to increase to the point where its about £8-9 per ticket ( premier seats at Odeon ) Now I only go to the cinema if its a film that I REALLY want to see otherwise I just wait for it to arrive on dvd/blu-ray.