NEurope
CoolFunkMan

F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin

Heres my shit for next month:

13th - House of the Dead: Overkill - Wii (Depending on reviews, it got a 3 in one review O_O)

20th - Street Fighter IV & controller - 360

27th - Halo Wars (Limited Edition) - 360, Killzone 2 - PS3

I'll probably end up "acquiring" this game, unless its Games for Windows Live... Then i'll buy it for points.

Also, Dom lives at home.. Has a job and gets money from uni. He's a rich bitch :D

Wait a second... FUCK! Valentines day is next month. God damn relationships.

Food what is that? Is this food?

aa12_duracell.jpg

:D

Serious note: I wish I was rich. I just don't blow it all on booze and stuff.

Food what is that? Is this food?

aa12_duracell.jpg

:D

Serious note: I wish I was rich. I just don't blow it all on booze and stuff.

Read that as snuff at first.

Just downloading the demo now, although doubt it will do anything to change my mind that all my gaming time should be going into Killzone 2.

Well its rubbish next to Killzone so yeah its an easy choice. :heh: The graphics on Pc arent that great either.]

Fear 1 seemed much nicer.

Haha, absolute joker. Killzone 2 is pretty ass compared even to the first F.E.A.R, and this looks like it's gonna be one of the best games of the year.

Considering Choze licks the ground upon which every SCEE/SCEA/SCEJ employee walks on, you're wasting your breath trying to be rational with him...

I'm not an analyst on games graphics or anything but FEAR2 looks similar to Killzone 2, they both look amazing in my eyes.

Feels a bit more open thant the first FEAR also seems to be taking a leaf out of Condemned 2's book.

Haha, absolute joker. Killzone 2 is pretty ass compared even to the first F.E.A.R, and this looks like it's gonna be one of the best games of the year.

I'm sorry but I would disagree there, it is almost fact that Killzone 2 is better in graphics. Have you seen the latest trailers? It looks incredible. Not to say this won't be a good game, will be playing the demo shortly.

I've had the pleasure of playing Fear 1 and Killzone 2 in both multiplayer and single player form.

Also I brought Fear 1 (not pirated). Because I liked it. Multiplayer was kind of weak though but the single player was great imo. The gun battles were great.

Fear 2 is ok. rubbish may be harsh but dont be surprised when some people make remarks like that when they play KZ2. Bear in mind this is coming from a fan of Monolith. I still will rent Fear and hope for the best but it doesnt seem as great as thier previous(and underrated) games.

Wait till you get the Killzone 2 demo. :smile:

x3ekp0.jpg

2gsit6v.png

0382.jpg

2q2ib2a.jpg

0346.jpg

OK just played the demo. Don't know what to think. The guns were quite fun to use, graphics were good and stuff. Enemies take a bit too much lead before going down I think.

I have the feeling between 'meh' and 'good'.

Does anyone else playing the PC version feel that this is a console port? I don't find it game breaking, but it feels odd having the hints keep coming up to use objects. Hopefully there'll be a patch for this though.

Also, ROFL - http://www.armacham.com/ *Clicks premium option. :heh:

Oh, and I do think KZ2 will be awesome, but I just prefer F.E.A.R 2 atm.

Games runs perfectly smooth at 1920x1200, all max settings for me :smile: That alone is huge praise. Alot of pc games lack any optimisation whatsoever (e.g Crysis). This is one game many people will be able to enjoy on Pc.

Framerate in PS3 version is odd. Its smooth but when when you use the flashlight at any time there is slowdown... bug?

Cearly nicer on PC but it does not compare to Killzone 2 whatsoever. The gameplay feels abit dated. The animation used to be amazing in Fear 1 now looks not so good. The gun fights are not so intense. Visuals are dated. I blame Killzone 2 beta. However it plays well against alot of recent fps.

Thought the graphics graphics were pretty poor on the 360 demo. Looks like no AA and some horrid textures on certain objects.

Games runs perfectly smooth at 1920x1200, all max settings for me :smile: That alone is huge praise. Alot of pc games lack any optimisation whatsoever (e.g Crysis). This is one game many people will be able to enjoy on Pc.

Framerate in PS3 version is odd. Its smooth but when when you use the flashlight at any time there is slowdown... bug?

Cearly nicer on PC but it does not compare to Killzone 2 whatsoever. The gameplay feels abit dated. The animation used to be amazing in Fear 1 now looks not so good. The gun fights are not so intense. Visuals are dated. I blame Killzone 2 beta. However it plays well against alot of recent fps.

Killzone 2 is the bee's knees, Killzone 2 is dog's bollocks, Killzone 2 will redeem our sins.

Considering Choze licks the ground upon which every SCEE/SCEA/SCEJ employee walks on, you're wasting your breath trying to be rational with him...

QFT Jordan!

Jordan just hates me. He is jealous i got in the beta.

On a serious note some of you are just going to have to get to used to Killzone 2.

So your not being mindless console fanboy and Jordan is acting like child?

So your not being mindless console fanboy and Jordan is acting like child?

On a serious note some of you are just going to have to get to used to Killzone 2.

Sigh. .

Thats... Right... I'm... Jealous...?

Thats... Right... I'm... Jealous...?

Calza just spelt it out for you. It seems that everytime choze make a comment (albeit, often biased in favour of Sony and their products) you and a few other's respond with derogatory (sp?) remarks which only serve as flamebait. So what if he's a fanboy. there are other's on these boards that, for them, the 360 or wii can do no wrong. Let Sony have one somewhere in this forum.

Anyways, played the demo, and I must admit, I had fun, got a bit scared, but did not wow me as much as playing the first did on the PC. May see what it's like on PC instead and see if there is a difference. Makes the choice of not getting another game, especially a shooter before KZ2 hits, much easier. OH and I am horrible at aiming with the sticks on the PS3. Wii and PC have spoiled me.

Unless reviews rate it highly I think I'll pass up on it because it just felt slightly dated, whether that was because of the look of the enemies/generic rooms/average appearance of guns it just didn't seem right.

I want to be proved wrong though. Multiplayer could end up being a blast.

Unless reviews rate it highly I think I'll pass up on it because it just felt slightly dated, whether that was because of the look of the enemies/generic rooms/average appearance of guns it just didn't seem right.

I want to be proved wrong though. Multiplayer could end up being a blast.

Lets wait and see. Its not bad. The first one was a blast so lets see. The demo is a very small part designed for beginners.

Isn't the 13th a Friday?

Gulp!

Yup, a fitting release date I reckon. :grin:

Oh, and here's a review roundup:

Gamestar 81%

PC Zone UK 80%

PC Games 85%

PC Action 86%

PC Gamer UK 87%

So it isn't amazingly brilliant but it's very good, apparently. I'm still really hyped for it though! Plus I trust PC Gamer the most, and they've rated it the highest, so it's all good!