NEurope
CoolFunkMan

F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin

Release date: 13th Febuary

POF2picture.jpg

43464281.jpg

43453390.jpg

43431109.jpg

So, yeah, that scary little girl Alma will be back soon to give us all more nightmares. Anyone else looking forward to this? Personally, I can't wait! :grin: After all, F.E.A.R 2 promises a far more terrifying and action packed ride than the first game, what is there not to like? Apparently, a demo is going to be available sometime within the next week for all formats, I'll keep an eye out. Oh, and for those of you that'll (also) be getting it on PC, here's the specs:

Min spec

- CPU: P4 2.8GHz (3.2GHz Vista)/Athlon 64 3000+ (3200+ Vista)

- GPU: Fully DX9-compliant graphics card with 256MB (SM 2.0b). NVidia 6800 or ATI X700.

- Memory: 1GB (1.5GB Vista)

- HDD: 12GB

- DirectX: 9.0c

- Sound: DX9.0c compliant

- Optical drive: DVD (boxed only)

- Internet: Broadband

Recommended Spec

- CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz processor family/Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (required for MP host)

- GPU: Fully DX9-compliant graphics card with 512MB (SM 3.0). NVidia 8600 GTS or ATI HD 2900 XT.

- Memory: 1.5GB

- HDD: 12GB

- DirectX: 9.0c

- Sound: DX9.0c compliant

- Optical drive: DVD (boxed only)

- Internet: Broadband (768kbit/sec upstream required to host 16 players)

Really looking forward to this. Getting the PC version to play it in stupid detail at stupid resolutions :D

Its out on Qore right now. Apparently really short demo. The first game was imo one of my favourite single player shooters.

The first game was really disappointing for me as it was boring office complex after boring office complex. The engine and atmosphere was great, but fighting the same enemies in the same locations for so long just got repetitive.

Hopefully this will have more variety and grab my attention - I'll definitely be checking out the demo.

Before Killzone 2 it had the most intense shooting in a game. So it will be interesting to see how the sequel fares. The slow mo shooting is slightly akward though.

I've just completed the first game again, I forgot how awesome it was! :grin: Now I'm all set for the F.E.A.R 2 demo and then the full game!

The first game was really disappointing for me as it was boring office complex after boring office complex. The engine and atmosphere was great, but fighting the same enemies in the same locations for so long just got repetitive.

Hopefully this will have more variety and grab my attention - I'll definitely be checking out the demo.

I agree that the locations in the original are a bit dull tbh, but it was the action and scares that really sold the game to me. For me, that made up for the same-y locations. Fortunately, F.E.A.R 2 is going to have more variety in terms of levels. So far, I know that an apartment building, a hospital, a school and the ruins of the city all feature in the sequel.

Before Killzone 2 it had the most intense shooting in a game. So it will be interesting to see how the sequel fares. The slow mo shooting is slightly akward though.

I still say F.E.A.R is quite an intense shooter and I believe the sequel will be even greater. However, I'm worried that Killzone 2 is going to overshadow this game, due to the hype. Tbh, F.E.A.R 2 looks more appealing to me than Killzone 2.

I still say F.E.A.R is quite an intense shooter and I believe the sequel will be even greater. However, I'm worried that Killzone 2 is going to overshadow this game, due to the hype. Tbh, F.E.A.R 2 looks more appealing to me than Killzone 2.

Its KZ2. It is understandable if you took part in the beta. KZ2 really overshadowed R2.

FEAR is still using an old engine though. Its lacking any big hook right now. But it should sell well imo. Alot of people were fans of the original and Monolith are a great developer.

hmmm looks awesome never played the first one. Doubt I will play this as Killzone 2 will likely take over my life.

Looks interesting, but I doubt I'll be picking up another shooter until the next CoD.

Demo release times...

PC - ???

Xbox 360 - 2 AM (PST)

PS3 2-4 PM (PST)

Damn', I hope the PC demo's released at a decent time. :( I'm no good with timezones, so hopefully someone can work it out. Of course, the American and European Live! and PSN servers are different, so they might not even be accurate. :heh:

Source: http://www.projectorigincommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4084

Just played the demo on PC and Wow, this game plays fantastic and looks brilliant :o Playing in full detail is a great :>

I also played the demo on PC earlier, I think it's great! The HUD seemed to be ott, but that's the only complaint I really have. There were some great freaky moments too!

Also, kudos to Monolith, the engine is incredible. It ran on full detail on my PC almost flawlessly, besides one or two small pauses. Nothing game breaking though.

Just played trough the demo on the Xbox and it was okay.

I really like the shooting and the AI but my only complaints was that the controls felt kinda like the guy was drunk and it wasn't that scary...

From the pics they somehow managed to make everything look the same like the first one.

Fucking amazing, but I found the walking speed a tad on the slow side compared to the original, not sure if it'll work the same in multiplayer.

Just downloading the demo now, although doubt it will do anything to change my mind that all my gaming time should be going into Killzone 2.

Graphically amazing on the 360 (and I jumped in a couple of places, especially the ghosts >_>)... Can't wait to get the PC game. As we all know, if you have the choice get the PC version. Its always superior.

Played the 360 demo

really solid. Combat was bloody, loud and kenetic. Graphics are shit hot, the effects are good and the audio seemed really good too.

but

buuttt

release date sucks. I just spent £57 on Street Fighter so I'm not going to be picking this up for at least a month. GTA4 DLC is due soon too so that's another one.

Lol, release dates are indeed evil. I've got this on preorder for PC, week after is SF4 CE version with 2 pads, then after that it is Killzone 2:P

Thank goodness I have some money around :D