NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Red Faction:B.E.A.S.T. (cancelled Wii game)

Just got in from work and see this over at GoNintendo.

Wow, this sucks…the game actually looks like fun! THQ had Locomotive Games working on Red Faction: B.E.A.S.T. for the Wii, and then the project came to a screeching halt when THQ shut down Locomotive. I guess we’ll never get to see what this one was like.

Here's a bunch of promo art aswell.

http://www.unseen64.net/2009/01/11/red-faction-beast-wii-proto-cancelled/

That's a real shame. But we could still possibly see it depending on how far along it was. Perhaps THQ may have relocated it elsewhere.

Looks good, but I would have prefered it as an FPS if it ever comes out. I had Red Fction 2 on the GC and it was OK, but nothing amazing.

I had Red Fction 2 on the GC and it was OK, but nothing amazing.

The first was better.

Well this just pisses me off. I'd love to see this get finished and released. It looked like they were doing excellent work with the Wii hardware too.

Looks good, but I would have prefered it as an FPS if it ever comes out. I had Red Fction 2 on the GC and it was OK, but nothing amazing.

that was a pretty bad port though...

the gamecube version made the characters more cartoony and did nothing to improve on anything on the ps2 version.. in fact I swear it looked worse.. multiplayer is where this title was at but it was so prone to camping.

This new makes me pissed. It looked so good and third person shooters are so perfect for the Wii.

Hopefully they continue with the project with a different team.

If they use a different team I hope it's different only in name.

This looks grey and "bald space marine" generic tbh.

The things that Wii owners slate the 360/PS3's libraries for.

I'd much rather play something like House of the Dead: Overkill; something with a bit of artistic and unique style about it.

That said, it does look pretty decent, graphically.

Meh, just my feelings.

I've got to agree, i'm bored shitless with generic bald space marines and i've not played any.

However, this type of game would speak volumes to fans of generic bald space marines.

Firstly, I wouldn't call that bald. Secondly, he's hardly a space marine. This is Red Faction, and if Guerrilla is any indication, he's probably something along the lines of a freedom fighter who was born on mars. Thirdly, and the truly important one, this is Red Faction. All you need to know about Red Faction is GeoMod. Without GeoMod, the series would probably have died before release, but with GeoMod it's completely un-generic.

Sadly though....I didn't see nay examples of GeoMod in this vid, which makes it a bit more scary since geomod is their claim to fame.

This looks grey and "bald space marine" generic tbh.

The things that Wii owners slate the 360/PS3's libraries for.

I'd much rather play something like House of the Dead: Overkill; something with a bit of artistic and unique style about it.

That said, it does look pretty decent, graphically.

Meh, just my feelings.

TBH, it would be generic for the PS360 but we don't have that many games like this on the Wii. So for the Wii, while its not innovative. Its probably not going to feel as generic.

Exactly, for the Wii it would be one of the few, if it was for ps360 it would be the main genre.

This had reminded me how excellent F-Zero Music is! :grin:

The game looked pretty good. :) It's a shame it is not still in production.