NEurope
Bren

Pets

Just wonderin if anyones got any weird n wonderful pets, im currently thinkin about getting a spider to add to me collection, not sure which yet though.

And while im here, ill plug my live feed, my scorpions on there, currently munching on a locust!

http://www.justin.tv/skunky

Two(ish) months ago I got a hamster (shopkeeper person: "so what kind do you want? and male or female?" me: "I don't care as long as it looks good." shallowness ahoy! :p) and she's rather entertaining.

Silly thing doesn't seem to like all her things that are supposed to give her something to nibble on other than the bars...and she keeps stuffing all the food in her bowl into her mouth and keeping it in her house and then giving me a "I have no food :(" look. Plus she scales the bars in the hope of food...which I give her sometimes.

OH! And she's called "little h" (or "lil' h") because she has a 'H" on her back.

Picture!

n536116492_1628762_485.jpg

See! A 'H'.

(and you've just reminded me I need to feed my housemate's fish so thanks).

And today at work someone left their dog to wait outside and it reminded me how much I miss my dad's dog :(

Can't really make out much in that stream...I can faintly see stuff but I don't think I'd enjoy watching a scorpion eat a locus right now :p

I have a couple of goldfish. Used have gerbils too, they were adorable. We had a litter of five little babies. <3

My uncle used to breed discus fish, they are teh awesome. A tank full of little baby discuses (maybe a hundred of them in total!) has got to be the most awesome thing ever =3

Yeh we have a hamster (brothers ex's and we got stuck with it) and all it does it chew on the metal bars, and its goin bald underneath its chin, stupid thing. I want to feed it to the scorpion, that'd make some good TV.

Yeh me scorp was out before, munchin away, but she's fed and hiding away somewhere, she should come out soon tho, it is night after all!

Well, *I* don't technically own any pets, but there is a rabbit and a guinea pig present in this house(there were two, sisters we had since they were tiny in like...2002? 2003? But one of them died last year). The rabbit's been round since he was small around the same time, too. We basically used to have two rabbits that got foxed, then we said we wouldn't get anymore pets, and my sister decided on the guinea pigs, and one day a week or two later I woke up and found a rabbit in the garden. It seems my mum had had an impromptu urge to get a replacement, or something? He's a bit rubbish, though he looks cute, and makes an excellent evil minion/BISHable Reindeer.

picture0030hl2.jpg

IMG_0071-1.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

I've had a lot of typical pets: dogs, cats, fish, turtle, chickens, rabbits, birds, hamster, guinea pig...

Most weird pet I had though were some stick insects. Had a few of them when I was in 7th grade, when I made a little terrarium thing in school to keep them in. Was given a couple of these to keep.

StickInsect_w.JPG

They were quite small though, and all of a sudden they had been breeding and tiny stick insect babies were running around, and somehow managing to escape the terrarium. >.>;

Also had two other ones of a bigger kind, sorta looked like this one:

85002135.JPG

They were a bit more scary looking to me, but still cool. They ate at night though, so their munching on leaves would sometimes wake me up. =P

I've sort of always thought it would be cool to have a snake as a pet, though I doubt I'll actually ever get one, heh.

Also, looked at your scorpion, and it looks cool! Poor locust though. =P

n536116492_1628762_485.jpg

She looks quite awesome, though I want more cute little hamster face! Hamsters always have such cute funny little faces. My mate's sister had one they simply called Hamster(they took too long to name her), she was sooo cute and awesome and weeeeeeeee :)

She looks quite awesome, though I want more cute little hamster face! Hamsters always have such cute funny little faces. My mate's sister had one they simply called Hamster(they took too long to name her), she was sooo cute and awesome and weeeeeeeee :)

Bloody thing won't say still. I tried but she's a speedy bugger. The wonders of my macbook seemed to stop her though.

Rummy, you bunny is so hardcore that it managed to grow a huge black moustache ABOVE it nose. That is fucking hardcore.

Hamsters are awesome if you get a good n!! but ahh stick insects!, I'm not a very girly girl but for some reason stick insects scare me so much, which is silly really considering about 5 years ago I use to have loads as pets?!

Go for tropical/marine fish, I got very obsessed with those a few years back and it's fascinating finding who suits who and what ph level you should have the water at (or maybe that's just me, I'm very sad I'll have you know :D)

Or rattigans, they were the bestest pets I've ever had :yay: so much personality and cuddly!

If you're after an unusual pet go for Giant Africa Land Snails, they're so fascinating and cute (to me :)) although I'm sure the last year I had them I got a little allergic to their slime, yum!

Anyone had lizards? Always been curious about having them!

I'd love to have a tortoise, if I could ever afford one :)

My sister had an African Silcata(sp?) Tortoise for years and years. Then through a slight accident he died. :(

Right now she has a pair of Ferrets though, I use to have some too, but....stuff happens :(

Other than that it's normal stuff, a handful of cats and dogs and 5 horses. Oh and a Quaker Parrot.

At one point we use to have a 100 gallon (approx. 370 liters I think) Saltwater fish tank. With Clown Fish and a Puffer Fish and a few other things.

I've always wanted a salt water tank but never been settled enough to have one, I really want puffer fish or I may go extreme and have a ray fish, but maybe too much faff?! I am very dedicated to fish and actually get quite obsessive really (testing the levels in the water, how sad!) but I want to do it again real soon, Siamese fighters are the way forward :D

If anyone lives near pinxton (Alfreton) go to wharf aquatics, it's amazing, so much to see, I want to go again but never seem to get chance, so you guys go

Well with Saltwater Testing the PH is pretty much required as opposed to freshwater which can be left. It takes a lot of work though, the fish all have their own preferred PH level, and some don't play well with others. Like Clown Fish for instance, it's not recommended to have more than 2 or they'll fight. Yellow Tangs will eat the plants that try and grow on living rocks, which results in bare rocks.

The fish are all pretty neat though. We had a Porcupine Puffer. A bit like this one

porcupine-fish-puffer.jpg

We named him happy because he always seemed to have a smile on his face, he'd come up and take shrimp from us, and if you stuck your finger in he'd take that....well try at least. He'd also occasionally puff up for no reason at all. Luckily no reason, they can release a poison while puffing iirc.

We also had a Striped Cat Shark. Looked like this

634_1146038013.jpg

Well not exactly, ours had whiter white and fewer stripes. He was a neat little guy, he'd shovel mouthfuls of gravel all around and dig to the bottom of the tank and make a hill around it and stay there. Every once in a while we'd smooth it out and he'd do it all again. IIRC when small they're okay, but they get about arm sized and dangerous.

I find it hard to choose which pictures to use, so I'll post a few.

Sparkle (British Silver Tabby Shorthair) and Nero (British Black Tipped Shorthair):

DSCN0981-1.jpg

Nero:

DSCN0906-1.jpg

Edit: The name on the ribbon starts with "Pirou" because his "official" name is Pirouette Silvernero. Did you know that no two cats can have the same "official" name.

Nero as a Kitten:

DSCN0651-1.jpg

Sparkle as a Kitten:

DSCN0935-1.jpg

Maximus (British Blue Spotted Shorthair) and Figaro (British Blue Shorthair):

DSCN0223-1.jpg

Figaro:

DSCN0606-1.jpg

Sparkle, Nero, Figaro and Maximus:

DSCN0861-1.jpg

And some pets which are no longer here:

Poppy (Black & White Moggie):

Poppy-1.jpg

Jasmine (British Blue Shorthair):

DSCN0045-1.jpg

Awesome Cats Cube. They are just awesome creatures. I'll post some pics of mine later.

IMG_0071-1.jpg

Awww :heart: adorable! I've always wanted a bunny.

I have two yorkshire terriers, have done for 11/12 years now, maxi and pepsi (see what we did there?) one is a runt and the other is possibly half human the way she acts.

Most weird pet I had though were some stick insects. Had a few of them when I was in 7th grade, when I made a little terrarium thing in school to keep them in. Was given a couple of these to keep.

Stick-insects pwn! I've had a tank full of those for years as they produce eggs quite regukarly, not sure how long they last and can be hard to tell if they are dea or alive as the hardly move, did have a lot more but one day one of our cats (now departed) decided to eat a load of them one day... >>' oh and they are also sods to find if they escape but still they are awesome.

Also got two black cats atm. :smile:

porcupine-fish-puffer.jpg

We named him happy because he always seemed to have a smile on his face, he'd come up and take shrimp from us, and if you stuck your finger in he'd take that....well try at least. He'd also occasionally puff up for no reason at all. Luckily no reason, they can release a poison while puffing iirc.

We also had a Striped Cat Shark. Looked like this

634_1146038013.jpg

That picture has really made me want one again so cute. Happy is the most amazing name for him too!

I've never seen a Striped Cat Shark, looks really nice though. That's what I love best about fish is getting to know their little habits, my Siamese Fighter was so friendly, he always fussed around me when cleaning them out.

Gold-Severum.gif

I had a Golden Serverum for a while as a friend couldn't keep her any more, defiantly not the friendly-est fish I've ever had!

Cube your silver tabby looks really sweet, I had a tabby cat for years she was a cool cat!

I love the coloration of British Blue Shorthairs. That wonderful sleek looking gray without a speck of another color. And there often quite soft. Right now I have a mouthy Siamese Cat. A Male Wedge Head Sealpoint. He's neurotic a bit, always has to sleep in with me, if he's locked out of my room he'll wait by the door till he gets let in, or he'll meow to try and get let in. He never purrs for my mom or dad, only me.

I love cats, if can take a photo of mine doing something else other than sleeping, I'll post here.

Cube, your cats are amazing tbh. Nero is a legend.

There are two cats that come into my house. One is called "Cat" (I called him Knuckles originally, but it just didn't fit him. "Cat" seems like quite an apt name) he comes in every few days. Then there is Tetley, and he is black and we've practically adopted him from the neighbours cos' they have two dogs and can't have him inside often or something (cruel) and hes pretty awesome. Didn't think he liked me at first but he does now. Randomly comes and jumps on my lap when I'm on the computer, scaring the bejeesus girl out of me.

Video of Cat on http://www.YouTube.com/ReZourcemanTwo pic of Tetley later maybe.

This is my hamster called fudge have had her for about 7 or 8 months, she doesnt like to be handled but shelikes to be stroked. will eat almost anything. Would love a dog or cat but my girlfriend is allergic to animal hair.

DSC_3542.jpg

DSC_3538.jpg

DSC_3547.jpg

fudge1.jpg

Cube man, loving them cats. They look so stylish! First pic looks like something pro off a card or something! Think from all of that Nero's my favourite of your kitties though :D. I hope one day to own a kitty of my own, but who knows

I'm not usually one for pets of the non-furry variety, but them fish and stick insects have me slightly intrigued, I've kind of wondered sometimes about a slightly more alternative kinda pet, though they tend to seem somewhat less...interesting? Not quite the word, I can't place it right now.

Cube man, loving them cats. They look so stylish! First pic looks like something pro off a card or something! Think from all of that Nero's my favourite of your kitties though :D. I hope one day to own a kitty of my own, but who knows

I'm not usually one for pets of the non-furry variety, but them fish and stick insects have me slightly intrigued, I've kind of wondered sometimes about a slightly more alternative kinda pet, though they tend to seem somewhat less...interesting? Not quite the word, I can't place it right now.

I think the problem with a lot of "alternative" pets is that it seems you can just do less with them. You can't really play with them like a dog or cat or rabbit. But still, they're cool. I liked to have the stick insects sit on my hand for example, even though they barely moved. And they're just fun to observe (same with fish).

I think I'd like a snake or lizard though, the non-dangerous types, heh. Tropical sea fish are cool too (we've only ever had the normal water fish), but I know they can be hard to take care for. Plus I've had lots of nightmares of having fish die on me (actual nightmares), so maybe it's a sign. X3