NEurope
bmoose

StayAway Evolution

logo.gif

The definitive version of StayAway has arrived. Featuring many new gameplay features such as advanced enemies, powerups and a combo scoring system, it's now even more addictive. Can you reach the top of the online highscore table?

Complemented by visual effects and energetic music, StayAway Evolution is one of the most fun pick up and play games of the year.

Information:

Title: StayAway Evolution

Genre: Arcade / Casual / Mini Game

Download Size: 3.9MB

Resolution: 800x600 (Windowed)

Compatible with: Windows 98 and above

Current Version: 1.00

Thanks To:

Music by DJ-Hopeku

Online Highscore Scripts by Bjibol

Play / Download:

Direct Link (Optum.co.uk)

How To Play:

Use the mouse to collect different coloured balls whilst avoiding the red ones. Score extra points by collecting the same colour of ball in quick succession and build combos. As time passes, the enemies will deploy different types of attack so watch out as you level up. Grab the flashing special ball which will either help or hinder your progress towards a high score.

Screenshots:

screen005.png

screen003.png

More Screens

Post Game Stats

Enemy Wall Attacks

Videos

Coming Soon.

Online Leaderboard Link

Top score! :awesome:

Nice little game. However, it does suffer from one design flaw, and that's that if you're collecting balls from the side of the screen you could be hit by an unseen random red ball at any point. One way to combat this would be to have a border around the play area in which you can move around in, but balls fly in from outside the border, so you have some safeguard against unseen ball spawns hitting you.

Let me know if you're unsure of what I mean and I'll try and explain it better :heh:

Top score! :awesome:

Nice little game. However, it does suffer from one design flaw, and that's that if you're collecting balls from the side of the screen you could be hit by an unseen random red ball at any point. One way to combat this would be to have a border around the play area in which you can move around in, but balls fly in from outside the border, so you have some safeguard against unseen ball spawns hitting you.

Let me know if you're unsure of what I mean and I'll try and explain it better :heh:

Self explanitry really.

A barrier to prevent you from veering too close to the edge, but still allowing the others in.

Yeh you are right about that Dyson, however it is not advisable to be hanging about around the edges of the screen. It is a manoeuvre coined 'fishing' by players of the game and often leads to an unexpected death. I did think about having a border, but never actually implemented it in the end. You are the first person to mention that though so it is something I will keep in mind.

Congratulations on getting the high score as well, in a months time there maybe competitions and prizes for the player who gets the highest score so practice now will help you out.