The Toyota TF109

Oh no they didn't!!!!...

mgxqlzxqjtwv4wu2qsl4ag3wc6.jpg

Anyways...

01lpo1.jpg

toyotaff2.jpg

84809622qt7.jpg

74542810cv0.jpg

How high is that nose off the ground/front wing! Those front connectors are massive! And the endplates on the front wing look like they mean business!

I prefer the Ferrari, but I think it's pretty nice, not sure about the paint scheme from the side or above though.

Out of interest do we have any Toyota fans here?

I'm not fussed really, I quite like Glock and Trulli, they put in some good drives, but damn I hope there aren't any infamous 'Trulli Trains' in '09!

I quite like the Toyota - I'm starting to think I'll just like all of them this year, so simple compared with the last few years.

Toyota as a team don't really do anything for me. Like Honda they just seem far too corporate and as if they're in the sport for all the wrong reasons. I do like Trulli though, Glock has yet to do anything for me to warm towards him.

From both the Toyota and Ferrari cars, i do prefer the Ferrari car more. The Toyota nose spoiler may slow them down on the straights due to it being so high off the ground.

I'm not really a Toyota fan, heck i'm not really a fan of a particular team. I just watch and keep hoping Massa doesn't win really, don't really like Ferrari too much after all, they do moan a lot if they don't win races.

Aesthetically, I vastly prefer this year's models so far to last year's - the front wing might seem a little obtuse but the smooth fuselage is a vast improvement over last years highlights reel of When Airfix Goes Wrong.

Aesthetically, I vastly prefer this year's models so far to last year's - the front wing might seem a little obtuse but the smooth fuselage is a vast improvement over last years highlights reel of When Airfix Goes Wrong.

I like it but I think it's the worst of the 3 shown so far. Really looking forward to seeing what these cars a capable of on track.

The McLaren MP4-24

277778431179510resizegm2.jpg

27783vodafonemclarenmerfq9.jpg

27781vodafonemclarenmerpn5.jpg

Comparisons:

All Three:

093ot7.jpg

Ferrari & McLaren

84003880yl0.jpg

McLaren is definately the bulkiest, and the Ferrari the sleakest, so far.

The Toyata's nose if VERY short in comparison.

The Ferrari and Toyota have both shifted weight forward resulting in a much longer back end to their cars over the McLaren.

You can really see how much futher the Ferrari cockpit is!

Very small engine air intake on the McLaren.

McLaren features a shopping basket on their rear wing; handy!

It will be interesting having a number of different styles on the grid!

Also the McLaren has a 3-tear front wing and some bargeboards before the sidepods; both of which I heard were banned for '09?!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72820

Dennis to step down as team principal

McLaren boss Ron Dennis will step down from his role of team principal before the start of the 2009 season, the Briton announced on Friday.

The 61-year-old, however, made it clear that he is not retiring, but will instead focus on other commitments related to the McLaren Group.

Dennis said he would still attend some races, but intends to pass on his team principal responsibilities to Martin Whitmarsh as of March 1 this year.

"First thing I am going to do is work harder, that is the first target," said Dennis during the launch of the new McLaren.

"I intend to raise my own game because I think everybody in our organisation at every level realises this is a tough period in which we are going to work and of course we are a very diverse organisation now.

"We have a clear intention for our production car programme which is really a challenge. Any product we bring to the market will certainly fall the other side of this financial period.

"I stress nothing to get too excited about but it is absolutely time for Martin to take over as team principal. As from March 1 he will adopt that responsibility. I will still go to races, not all of them, because I am passionate.

"I intend to work harder and will take on greater responsibility in the group. I will be full executive chairman. It is time and I have to say it is absolutely 100 percent my decision. It is what I want to do, but I do intend to work much harder.

"Don't see it as some sort of retirement, I want to work harder in other areas and having to plan those tasks around the GP calendar is disruptive to the process. It is a job that Martin will embrace and enjoy.

"It is a job over the years we have shared anyway, but it will be his decision to influence things at a grand prix circuit."

Good! :yay:

Looks pretty sleek, the slender and slightly hunched-down nose is rather interesting, even if it does rather puts me in mind of a male g-spot vibrator. :heh:

Looks pretty sleek, the slender and slightly hunched-down nose is rather interesting, even if it does rather puts me in mind of a male g-spot vibrator. :heh:
haha, if you say so!

The Mclaren actually looks really good, a lot different to the Ferrari which is interesting.

Ahh can't wait for the new season to start! Like 9 sundays left i think :D

MY EYES!!!!!!!

Renault R29

35k0sn4wy3.jpg

diapo121gh3.jpg

ibt44xjc9au1.jpg

Look at that nose!!! It's like a frickin' battering ram!

And they've kept the 'Shark Fin' for this year.

Apparently this was their wind tunnel model...

41635866qb0.jpg

UPDATE:

1zfltsybw5.jpgronald20mcdonaldoz3.jpg

laughing-smiley-007.gif

The Renault really is horrible, worst looking car so far by an absolute mile. I do quite like its fat nose though. Without the fin at the back I think it could look OK, it really throws out the rest of the design.

Hopefully it's faster than it looks. When are the first big tests that most of the cars will be at?

I thought they were bringing in standarised aerodynamics this year so how come the renault still has that gay fin thing?

Yeah the fin still manages to fit within current the regs. Mainly because it's a direct extention of the main bodywork/chassis.

It's all the extra bargeboards and winglets, and wings on winglets etc... that you won't see anymore.

When are the first big tests that most of the cars will be at?
Testing starts again this week' date=' though the teams are at a few different tracks.

There are 5 tests between now and the start of the season I think.

In stark contrast to the Renault R29, may I present to you the...

[b']Williams FW31[/b] - Interim Livery [non-season colour scheme] however -

qzkupu3w1hk4.jpg

diapo110nn9.jpg

diapo109pz1.jpg

122l2djwp0.jpg

Not too sure about the shape of the nose, but otherwise it looks to be a very nice car!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TESTING UPDATE:

Testing has commenced for a few teams at Portamao [the new Portugese test track].

Ferrari were going to test there, but switched there test this week to Mugello, because rain was predicted; though rains also scheduled there aswell now!

Toyota testing Shark Fin...

diapo104ji5.jpg

McLaren testing '09 Rear Wing in '08 Style... :wtf: :wtf: ...

z1232362887yh2.jpg

Renault and their Lego car...

117170cz0.jpg

Oh and just the small matter of...

William's Test driver has just crashed their new car!

zzj2vlet12fj8.jpg

Kimi at Mugello...

re219y8ox20090119pd3.jpg

Ugh that Renault is horrible. I hate the colour scheme of the Renaults these days.

The Williams looks pretty ace, possibly the best looking car so far - the Renault looks like it lost a fight with something in a Dulux factory.

That Renault looks absolutely horribly :( Where's the blue gone from it?! I fear next year it's just going to be plain yellow eugh.

The BMW 2009

p90044788xb1.jpg

p90044789sf7.jpg

p90044790ep0.jpg

p90044787hk7.jpg

p90044786tf0.jpg

Looks alright, nothing much to say about it really!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Little Feckers!!!! This has really annoyed me!...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72893

BMW may not race KERS in Australia

BMW motorsport boss Mario Theissen has admitted his team are not sure they will have KERS ready in time for the first race of the season.

The German squad have been one of the main supporters of the new system and were among the first to run it in their car last year.

BMW were also against the idea of delaying the introduction of KERS, while many other teams thought it was still too early to race it.

Theissen said KERS remains an exciting challenge for the team, but he conceded the system is not yet ready and may not be for the season-opening Australian Grand Prix.

"KERS is still the most challenging and exciting part of the new package to me," said Theissen during the launch of the new car in Valencia.

"Looking back to when we started more than a year ago on KERS, that time was pure research. Then we went through a stage I would call pre-development. Now we are in the development stage.

"We are still not ready to race, but if I look at what progress we have made in last 12 months, it's amazing. We have learned so much.

"We are still pushing hard. We are not ready yet. I am sure we will be ready at some point, I don't know whether we will be ready for Melbourne.

"That is the character of innovation, you take risks and you don't know when they will pay off. I'm pretty sure it will pay off at some point in the season and that it might become the crucial factor."

BMW are the ONLY reason KERS is running in '09!! and now they might not use it straight away!

All the other teams have been against using KERS in '09 and wanted to wait until the standardised unit is introduced in 2010, as it would have saved them ALL the money it's cost them developing a KERS unit for '09 [which is only going to be used for this year before the standard one replaces it!] and the majority of teams have commented that the device is still unsafe atm!...

Ferrari presedent Luca DeMontezemola has expressed his feeling several times, as have other teams, and only yesterday Flavio Briatore had this to say...

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=44967

Briatore: KERS is a terrible mistake

Renault team boss Flavio Briatore has slammed the decision to press on with the introduction of Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems this year.

Amid the round of cost cuts, several teams had pushed for the new devices to be scrapped, but Briatore claimed that BMW prevented an agreement and forced the retention of KERS – to the Italian's disgust.

"I think it’s a terrible mistake," said Briatore.

"Renault, Mercedes and Ferrari supply engines to other teams, and we know we don’t make any money by doing that [due to the low-cost engine arrangements], so we have a big reduction in the cost of the engine [for independent teams].

"But in another way we’re opening a big door [to higher costs].

"First of all we don’t know how much it will cost to develop.

"We don’t know if it’s dangerous or not; it looks like it’s not 100% under control, anyway.

"And it’s something which doesn’t bring any good to us – it brings only costs. This is sure.

"We have this situation because one team only was really determined to have this programme.

"We know already that for 2010, with the option of the standard KERS, whatever money we spend this year is for one year only.

"And in this kind of environment I think it’s completely unnecessary.

"For sure BMW want to do it and so we will follow because it’s difficult for us to have one competitor to develop a programme and for us not to be part of it because we could lose performance.

"But at this moment to support this programme is really not good for anyone.

"What we know is that we are spending all that money for nothing – this is sure."

Briatore's lead driver Fernando Alonso said he had reservations about KERS from both a safety and an economic standpoint.

"I don’t think too much about this, but I know that there is a possible danger there," he said.

"I’m not a great fan of KERS so far.

"All the teams have had problems with KERS, I know it’s quite expensive and with the economic situation we have now it was maybe not the perfect system to introduce."

Like the BMW - reminds me of the ol' BMW Williams - all they need now is a hilariously ill tempered Colombian at the wheel and they're all set.

117170cz0.jpg

Fail :( Whatever happened to:800px-alonso_renault_qualifying_at_usgp_2005.jpg

ING should really come up with a better color scheme.

That new rear wing makes everything look so childish, and has somehow made every team switch to a ridilously huge nose!

Whatever happened to:800px-alonso_renault_qualifying_at_usgp_2005.jpg
Yeah that was a very nice colour scheme! I miss it [/associate it with Renault]!

If I'm right, the large noses are to try and reinstate some more downforce on the cars.

[as the teams are not allowed all the extra aero devices on the cars anymore]