Toyota - Jarno Trulli, Timo Glock

Scuderia Toro Rossi - Sebastien Buemi, Sebastien Bourdais

Red Bull Racing - Mark Webber, Sebastian Vettel

Williams - Nico Rosberg, Kazuki Nakajima

Force India - Giancarlo Fisichella, Adrian Sutil

Brawn GP - Jenson Button, Rubens Barrichello

Edited by Retro_Link

I'm hyped already :D

Going to be an amazing season I reckon. Massa will win some races for sure (Turkey, Bahrain, couple of street races), Lewis will give us some great moments, Kimi will DEFINATELY fight back and prove why he's amazing, Alonso will put Renualt back up there and BMW WILL be fighting for wins. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Kubica goes on to win it tbh.

Vettel in the Red Bull too...he's got a chance of a few podiums.

I'm not sure how this Seasons gonna play out. There's got to be some concern that with all the changes one team might get it more right than all the others and just win practically everything!

I also think Martin Brundle has a good point here about KERS in '09...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72716

Brundle also admitted he is concerned about the KERS situation, with some teams likely to decide not to run the system.

"My concern is that some teams will have it working and others won't, especially early on in the season," the BBC commentator added.

"You'll see a driver flashing past another down the straight and you'll think, well, is that the engineers doing that overtake or is it the driver? It will be quite difficult to gauge who is really getting the job done.

"I think in the end the teams will end up with roughly the same package and use it the same way because the strategy will force them to do that. Formula One has to stay relevant to the world that we live in, and I applaud the green issues of it. But I am concerned as to whether it will really add anything to the racing.

"But I am open-minded on it. I'm not against change, I'm just a bit concerned that in the first six or eight races, when some systems are working and others are not, we're going to get false racing."

Can't wait to see Ferrari's car tomorrow!!

My 5 predictions for this year:

1.Alonso has mildly disappointing year - rumours about him and Ferrari abound.

2.Vettel has average year - rumours about him and Ferrari abound.

3.Kubica has great year - rumours about him and Ferrari abound.

4.Number of times Hamilton rebounds this season: 2

5.Bernie visits Donnington to discover solid gold pavilions flanking futuristic hovering stadiums around a circuit that's scientifically proven to offer the best possible overtaking and stewarded by a heavenly choir of divine winged beings - decides he'd rather have that street circuit in Dubai anyway.

They're racing in Abu Dhabi this year? Didn't know that. Should be interesting to say the least.

They're racing in Abu Dhabi this year? Didn't know that. Should be interesting to say the least.
Indeed! The brand new Yas Marina Circuit:

http://www.yasmarinacircuit.ae/english/whats_new.aspx?fromhome=true

Yas Marina Circuit is located on Yas Island, just outside the city of Abu Dhabi and adjacent to the Abu Dhabi international airport It features the stunning 5-star, 500 room Yas Marina Hotel which straddles the race track, a 60 metre solar powered Sun Tower for invited guests, a Marina and Yacht Club.

All of the grandstands at the circuit are covered – a world first - and provide sweeping views of the 5.55km track. The Pit Building boasts 40 garages, while the Support Pit Building located on another section of the track has 30 garages.

Cant wait for the new season, even if its just to hear the old BBC F1 into, also the new tracks look good just a shame we will be losing sliverstone next year.

Hope they don't bring that intro back just as it was, I don't think it's right for the modern F1 and I'm not much of a fan of it; but I'd be happy with them mixing it into a new song somehow.

I really liked ITV's Moby remix intro.

yeah shame this will be the last Silverstone :(

Any of you guys going to be going? Would be great to meet up with you if you go. I'm tempted to go to the race..mmhmm.

yeah shame this will be the last Silverstone :(

Any of you guys going to be going? Would be great to meet up with you if you go. I'm tempted to go to the race..mmhmm.

Yeah it's rubbish there's gonna be no more Silverstone, love that place for F1!

I would have definately gone to the Silverstone testing, but of course that's gone now!

There's a chance I'll go to the race.

Yeah it's rubbish there's gonna be no more Silverstone, love that place for F1!

I would have definately gone to the Silverstone testing, but of course that's gone now!

There's a chance I'll go to the race.

I think im going to the race *fingers crossed*. If you go we should definately meet up.

Eugh don't you just hate how the early races in the season come on at the most awful times :( Australia comes on at like what 3 in the morning? That said I've NEVER misses the malaysian grand prix, despite the fact it starts at 5am haha. Fantastic race imo.

I think im going to the race *fingers crossed*. If you go we should definately meet up.

Eugh don't you just hate how the early races in the season come on at the most awful times :( Australia comes on at like what 3 in the morning? That said I've NEVER misses the malaysian grand prix, despite the fact it starts at 5am haha. Fantastic race imo.

Yeah can do!

Ah yes that magical feeling of waking up during the coldest part of the night, having had only a couple of hours sleep!

I do always tend to watch the races live however, no matter what time. I look forward to Aus in a strange way, probably just because of all the excitment/anticipation for the season getting underway! and I also feel it adds a different aspect to watching some of the races, having to watch them during the night!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know how Ferrari have done it, but their '09 car looks great!! Presenting the...

Ferrari F60

mutynrtbfeszk2sf9.jpg

kuymjtrhbdsvdrx9su6.jpg

iutyrtgdfnhgxs8bd0.jpg

muhyngfdbsst1yo3.jpg

kuyjrthrgdsqn7la3.jpg

tttttntfrsbdvssl2kf7.jpg

4jss60cm2cv7.jpg

Launch Video

http://sport.sky.it/sport/formula1/2009/01/12/svelata_nuova_ferrari_F60.html

F60

The F60 is the fifty fifth single-seater built by Ferrari specifically to compete in the Formula 1 World Championship. The name of the car was chosen to celebrate the Scuderia's participation in all 60 edtions of the Formula 1 World Championship since 1950 to date. The project, which goes by the internal code name of 660, represents the Scuderia's interpretation of the regualtions that come into force this year, which includes very many new elements.

CHASSIS

- Carbon-fibre and honycomb composite structure

- Ferrari longitudinal gearbox Limited-slip differential

- Semiautomatic sequential electronically controlled gearbox -quick shift

- Number of gears 7 + Reverse

- Brembo ventilated caron-fibre disc brakes

- Independent suspension, push-rod activated torsion springs front and rear

- Weight (which water, lubricant and drive) 605 kg

- BBS Wheels (front and rear) 13"

- Kinetic energy recovery system by Ferrari in cooperation with Magneti Marelli

- The bodywork can no longer carry the slotted apertures that had characterised the Ferrari cars over the past few years

FRONT WING

The front wing, which has a neutral central prifle, common to all, is developed mainly on its side elements and is much wider than in the past: the bodywork can no longer carry the slotted apertures that had characterised the Ferrari cars over the past few years. The combination of changes naturally led the inital design phase down radically different routes when it cme to the side pods and protection components: the apertures have been reduced in size and moved rearward, while the upper and rear elements are larger to aid the exit of air.

REAR WING

The rear wing is higher and narrower than in the past; the diffuser has been moved rearward. The combination of changes naturally led the inital design phase down radically different routes when it cme to the side pods and protection components: the apertures have been reduced in size and moved rearward, while the upper and rear elements are larger to aid the exit of air.

ENGINE and TRANSMISSIONS

One of the most significant changes in the 2009 regulations is th epossibility of using a kinetic engery recovery system (KERS). The KERS on the F60 was designed by Ferrari in collaboration with Magneti Marelli and is centrally mounted on the engine under the rear part of the chassis; its management has involved all departments of the Gestione Sportiva. The transmission has been redesigned to optimise the aerodynamic efficiency of the car. The gearbox casing is again made in carbon and is still positioned longitudinally. The gearbox iss fitted with a speed shifter. There is also a new breaking system, with callipers designed by Brembo. Other important rule changes for this years stem form the work of FIA and FOTA (Formula One Teams Association) aimed at producing a signifact reduction int he teams' operational costs. As far as the engine is concerned, which retains its longitudinal mounting int he F60 and continueas as a load bearing structure, the rusels now state that a total of eight engines may be used over the 17 Grand Prix race weekends on the calendar. Accordingly, the maximum permitted engine speed has been reduced to 18,000 rpm and the distance target for each unit is now around 2,500 kilometres. Furthermore, modifications have been made to the inlet trumpets, the position of the injectors and the configuration of the exhausts. The changes to the regulations mean that, ont he reliability front, Shell has played a fundamental role in defining the lubricants for both the engine and gearbox.

Raikkonen: 2008 already in the past

Kimi Raikkonen says he has already put the disappointment of the 2008 season behind him as he aims to bounce back and fight on top this year.

The 2007 world champion was unable to defend his crown as he struggled to match the pace of Ferrari teammate Felipe Massa, who won five races compared to Raikkonen's two.

But as Ferrari unveiled their 2009 challenger, the F60, at Mugello, Raikkonen was adamant that he is starting a new chapter this year.

"Last year was not exactly what I wanted but that is in the past now and we will try again this year," said Raikkonen. "Of course it is a big question mark how good the car will be because the rules have changed a lot.

"But we are very confident that the car should be very good and we will see in the next few weeks how good it is against the others.

"But for sure we'll try to win the world championships, but we'll see how it is and we'll go from there."

Raikkonen admitted it took some time to get used to the new-looking car, but the Finn said he already liked the new machine.

"It looks different because of the new regulations, but after looking at it for a little while you get used to it," he said. "It looks different but it looks very good. I'm looking forward to see it run and see how it goes."

Raikkonen was eager to get back to both testing and racing action following the winter.

“Racing is the most important, most exciting thing for us and it is nice to get back in the car especially with a new car as it is always good fun,” he said.

“But I’m also waiting for the first race and it will also be very, very nice to get back in racing when we start in Melbourne.”

Felipe Massa feeling stronger than ever

Felipe Massa says he is feeling a lot stronger as a driver following his championship challenge in the 2008 season.

The Brazilian lost the title by one point to McLaren's Lewis Hamilton, in a thrilling season finale in Brazil, where Massa was champion until the final corner of the final lap.

As Ferrari unveiled their 2009 challenger, Massa admitted the experience had made him stronger as he mounts his championship challenge again this year.

"Every year I feel stronger," Massa said. "I think after so much experience in these six years I feel stronger, I feel more experienced, especially after last year, with how difficult the championship was.

"That makes me ready and even more experienced for next season."

Massa also said it is difficult to judge who the most competitive teams will be following the radical rules changes to be introduced for the year.

But the Brazilian reckons McLaren will again be Ferrari's main rivals.

"It's difficult to say what the most difficult car to beat will be," the Brazilian added. "We expect McLaren to be very competitive, maybe BMW, who are working really hard and growing a lot year by year.

"Maybe Renault and maybe we can have some other team who can show great performance as well. So it's quite difficult to say but for sure we are working really hard and hopefully it will be us."

The Ferrari driver will be the man in charge of taking the new F60 to the track for the first time later today, and he admitted he was very proud.

"For sure when you drive for Ferrari and you bring the new car to the track for the first time is always quite important and emotional day for us," he said. "I'm very happy, proud because I think it's very important for a driver to take the car to the track for the first time."

He also confessed he was surprised by how small and compact the new car is.

"I'm quite surprised because I expected a big car like it was 10 years go. But the car is very, very small, very compact, the rear end especially. It looks pretty nice, it looks pretty good and hopefully it will be as quick as it looks."

I really think that new Ferrari looks fantastic. So clean and simple and the new size wings look good too.

Even more excited for the coming season than I was before now.

F60 takes to the track:

On-Board Helmet Cam:

lol, you cannot see anything out the Ferrari mirrors!

and I want helmet cams in the race!!

I am in favour of helmet cams for sure.

Still can't get used to that rear wing. It's just too narrow and odd, considering the front wing is now the width of the wheels.

Aren't nearly enough on board shots during regular race coverage if you ask me.

Aren't nearly enough on board shots during regular race coverage if you ask me.

Definately. I absolutely love the onboard shots, especially when you there's overtaking involved...mhmm :D

Now the BBC have it i hope we get the option to press the red button and view the race with more onboard shots..it'll be brilliant :D

I just hope Honda can be recovered, I miss having 22 Racers on the circuit and if they can't recover it'll just be 18.

I just hope Honda can be recovered, I miss having 22 Racers on the circuit and if they can't recover it'll just be 18.
Yeah; It's strange because at one stage early on last season, '09 was gonna have something like 20 races and all the teams were saying how the calander may be getting to busy; and we had 22 cars on the track.

Now however, there's only 17 races in '09, and the possibility of 18 cars!

Yeah; It's strange because at one stage early on last season, '09 was gonna have something like 20 races and all the teams were saying how the calander may be getting to busy; and we had 22 cars on the track.

Now however, there's only 17 races in '09, and the possibility of 18 cars!

There used to be 28 cars back in the early 90's if i recall correctly.

Also. I'm gonna predict the Williams are going to have an awful year. It's been coming for a while, they really went backwards last year and tbh i think it's going to continue.

There used to be 28 cars back in the early 90's if i recall correctly.

Also. I'm gonna predict the Williams are going to have an awful year. It's been coming for a while, they really went backwards last year and tbh i think it's going to continue.

Yeah I'd probably say the same, which is a shame really because I think Nico, and Nakajima actually, both have real potential.

Nico has been saying recently that he's waying up his options, and basically said that if Williams don't deliver in '09, then he'll start looking elsewhere, but he's willing to see how they fair under the new regs first.

I think Williams can claw their way back again up the table with the new regs and cost cutting measures but it won't happen quick. Heck, for the sake of the sport they better - if more privately owned teams don't start coming back with a will to compete, F1 is going to be proper fucked.