NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Close Encounters of teh Third Kind (Not the film but related)

So, I was browsing the BBC news website today, which is something I like doing. Reading up on Technology, Education, Science, Sport and so forth.

And, I came across this:

UFO claim over wind farm damage

UFO enthusiasts are claiming damage to a Lincolnshire wind farm turbine was caused by a mystery aircraft.

The turbine at Conisholme lost one 66ft (20m) blade and another was badly damaged in the early hours of Sunday.

County councillor for the area Robert Palmer said he had seen a "round, white light that seemed to be hovering".

Ecotricity, which owns the site, said while investigations continued they were not ruling anything out - but the extent of damage was "unique".

The turbine is one of 20 at the Conisholme site, which has been only been fully operational since April 2008. The broken blade has been recovered and is being examined.

Local ufologists said they had received many reports of activity in the area and had teams searching for clues.

To make one of these blades fall off, or to bend it, takes a lot

Dale Vince, Ecotricity

Mr Palmer said: "I actually saw a white light - a round, white light that seemed to be hovering.

"That is the only way I can explain it - it wasn't a flare-like light - it was just round, white light with a slight red edge to it that seemed to be over the wind turbines."

Dale Vince, founder of Ecotricity, said the company was keeping an open mind about the incident.

"We don't have an explanation at the moment as to what the cause was," he said.

Source (and more at...): BBC Website

How strange.

So, it got me thinking, have you guys ever had a Close Encounter or anything of this kind? I think when I was younger I was always quite interested in seeing visitors from another World. Do you consider this pure Science Fiction or is this more to this than meets the eye?

Over 2 j00.

Edit: Thinking about eet, it's probably too similar to the thread Rez made.

Perhaps the blade that fell off hit the other blade and bent it, or is that simply too obvious? It must have been an alien spacecraft from a distant star that bent it while knocking the other blade off the wind turbine.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01218/UFO_1218501f.jpg

"County councillor for the area Robert Palmer said he had seen a "round, white light that seemed to be hovering"."

The moon? What was he doing in the middle of nowhere, in the countryside by a wind farm at night in the first place?

Last year my science teacher had this expert on Canadian UFO sightings (This is the guy the government gets to try and explain them) come in and give a talk in our class. He said that nearly every UFO sighting can be explained as being something else with only a little bit of research. Though, there are some that just can't.

Personally. I think that if Aliens did spend all the time and money to reach earth, they would try and make contact with us. Its what we would do if we went to another inhabited planet. Stealthy research just wouldn't make sense.

I would laugh if "aliens" were Dalek-esque though, and really bad compared to us on a basic level. Too scared to make contact.

But no, I've never had a close encounter of the third kind. Only the second and fourth.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01218/UFO_1218501f.jpg

"County councillor for the area Robert Palmer said he had seen a "round, white light that seemed to be hovering"."

The moon? What was he doing in the middle of nowhere, in the countryside by a wind farm at night in the first place?

Robert Palmer?! It must be extra-terrestrial if they've brought him back from the dead. He was fucking awesome.

Personally. I think that if Aliens did spend all the time and money to reach earth, they would try and make contact with us. Its what we would do if we went to another inhabited planet. Stealthy research just wouldn't make sense.

I think it would be sensible to scout out the alien planet first before trying to land and making contact with it's locals, so it's kind of a logical explanation. Not that I believe in UFOs, though.

As for the story, though, saw it on the front page of the Sun today (go figure), and, yeah, it's probably nothing (though, technically, i suppose it is a UFO, being that it's a flying object that hasn't been identified yet).

Robert Palmer?! It must be extra-terrestrial if they've brought him back from the dead. He was fucking awesome.

You're gonna have to face it he was abducted for love.

Dogging.

The most likely explanation is that it just fell off. Around 6 blades per year fall off because they weren't fully attached properly.

You're gonna have to face it he was abducted for love.

They must've found him simply irresistable.

Never seen a true alien face to face, but have seen things that can't be explained.

Saw something moving across the sky a few weeks ago. Thought it was a plane or a helicopter, but it was moving too fast for one of them and didn't have the usual plane/helicopter lights. Only a bright white light located at the top.

It´s only a bluff to hide the true terror that is soon to come:

cthulhu-6.jpg

Cthulhu

Local ufologists said they had received many reports of activity in the area and had teams searching for clues.

I'd just like to point out, that there is no such thing as a ufologist.

Aliens destroying part of a wind farm? Yeah right, because they've got nothing else to do. Maybe it were some teenage-aliens you stole their father's UFO and decided to do some damage on a minor planet.

Also if I was a sufficiently advanced species to be able to space travel I would avoid the human race.

UFO claim over wind farm damage

They're making a claim. Do insurance companies cover damage to alien spacecraft?

I heard an interview with an "expert" on the radio the other day asking what could have caused such damage. In his opinion the most likely cause was......a cow. :shakehead

I reckons it were metal being stressed and weakened over time.

Haha, that was a funny interview. I'm proud to say this is the talk of Lincolnshire, hurrah!