NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Falcon_BlizZACK

Pokemon on Wii: Ideas & Thoughts

The developers also agree with me btw...a couple years back they said they see it as a portable franchise...unless I'm remembering inaccurately

What Game Freak? Have they ever done a 3D game before?

Also, out of interest, what would you like to see in the next pokemon game Serebii?

I think we can all get that nintendo won't make a console pokemon that we want. But can we not just make one up anyway. Without wandering if it will ever happen or work or whatever?

I'd like a SSBB type fighter with all pokemon, together with levelling and all the attacks etc.

I also would love the whole MMO game. No matter what the fighting is like...

LazyBoy... :bowdown:

Virtually perfect!

(Though I dunno about story or lack thereof...might be cool to have different "paths" to go down. Trainer, Sketcher, Breeder...etc, each with their own story. )

---

I actually quite like the idea of a serious Pokemon racing game. In the air, under the water, on land etc.

Lots to choose from, and of course, they can justify squeezing in Pikachu, as he is actually a high-speed poke.

Hey, You! Pikachu.

Now thats a game which desperately needs a remake.

I think pokemon channel was kind of a sequel... and let's never speak of it again

The developers also agree with me btw...a couple years back they said they see it as a portable franchise...unless I'm remembering inaccurately

Well look It doesn's have to stick with portable.. and it hasn't It jusfeels like there is no heart in the console games.

Maybe you;re right this is due to the developers but Anything is possible on both handhelds and consoles... Who ever thought the legend of zelda.. A huge massive world would work on a primitive pocket sized machine with terrible graphics?

.. I'm not going to go as far as mmo but lazyboys idea is almost perfect.. Just try make a pokemon game for a console.. Why coulnt it be made like a final fantasy game? Even the samr thing without the random battles as lazyboy suggested?

Well look It doesn's have to stick with portable.. and it hasn't It jusfeels like there is no heart in the console games.

Maybe you;re right this is due to the developers but Anything is possible on both handhelds and consoles... Who ever thought the legend of zelda.. A huge massive world would work on a primitive pocket sized machine with terrible graphics?

Those weren't proper games, they were side-games and not developed by the main developers

Oh and the "terrible" graphics of the first portable Zelda were vastly superior to the first normal Zelda so your argument fails :p

Those weren't proper games, they were side-games and not developed by the main developers

Oh and the "terrible" graphics of the first portable Zelda were vastly superior to the first normal Zelda so your argument fails :p

I was talking about the system..the gameboy. It had primitive graphics mainly the black and white(or mono colour you know whatever) problem. So link's awakening seemed like an achievment for what it was.. It;s the reverse here.. getting a massive handheld experience and putting it on a console.

I believe any game could work on both.. There really isn't any game in the world that can't be done on and handheld and a console.

I'm not saying it cannot be done...it just wouldnt be right, wouldnt feel right.

I'm not saying it cannot be done...it just wouldnt be right, wouldnt feel right.

Please, speak for yourself only. You're the only one saying this. (But I bet Jonnas may agree)

The developers obviously agree with me and they're who make the decisions :p

Although that said, I wouldnt mind them doing it even if it shows people that it wont work

Let's see, I'll tackle each problem:

1.Pokémon is indeed a handheld franchise. You're supposed to bring 2 Gameboys/DSes and trade them with your friends. Trading online (mostly with people you barely know) isn't the same thing.

2.Lazyboy's idea is THE dream, but I wonder just how feasible it is. On a technical level, it's very, very hard. And the new stuff would need regular updates for refinement.

I suppose that the idea would either have to start as a 3D "regular" game (maybe a 3D remake of one of the older games), or a 2D MMO, to see what works, and what doesn't.

Thanks to the growing power of handhelds, the former idea could even be made by Gamefreak themselves. The 2D MMO would be harder, considering Nintendo has so little experience in this area (I think there was a fangame 2D MMO being made, though).

Conclusion: A good 3D MMO right from the get-go wouldn't be feasible, but I suppose some steps in that direction could be made.

3.Spin-offs. Now those can feasibly work nowadays. The racing game could be made, just like a PowerStone-styled fighting game.

The developers obviously agree with me and they're who make the decisions :p

Although that said, I wouldnt mind them doing it even if it shows people that it wont work

ugh you see that's the attitude that gets no innovation.. how do you think the pokemon series should go from here? same thing every time adding new pokemon same gameplay method same story and you know if only talking about the main series and not spinoffs?

If it was up to me i'd use the popularity of pokemon while they still have it to do something brand new.. If there was any series that garunteed good sales it's pokemon.

BUT on the other hand you keep mentioning the developers.. maybe it's because of the great sales they aren't bothering to try something new,sure why should they, if they cannot release sequels of mystery dungeons with primitive graphics and non changing sequels then why should they make a fully fledged rpg?

.. You can't trust devs you should know this.. if they can be lazy they will,look at the entire wii!..

I HATE the way pokemon is going the final fantasy route of constant spinoffs, It was always this way but the spinoffs used to be good.. pokemon stadium was great and card battle wasn't halfbad either neither was pinball... But the idiotic japanese gamers will eat up whatever they will throw at them.

Let's see, I'll tackle each problem:

1.Pokémon is indeed a handheld franchise. You're supposed to bring 2 Gameboys/DSes and trade them with your friends. Trading online (mostly with people you barely know) isn't the same thing.

2.Lazyboy's idea is THE dream, but I wonder just how feasible it is. On a technical level, it's very, very hard. And the new stuff would need regular updates for refinement.

I suppose that the idea would either have to start as a 3D "regular" game (maybe a 3D remake of one of the older games), or a 2D MMO, to see what works, and what doesn't.

Thanks to the growing power of handhelds, the former idea could even be made by Gamefreak themselves. The 2D MMO would be harder, considering Nintendo has so little experience in this area (I think there was a fangame 2D MMO being made, though).

Conclusion: A good 3D MMO right from the get-go wouldn't be feasible, but I suppose some steps in that direction could be made.

3.Spin-offs. Now those can feasibly work nowadays. The racing game could be made, just like a PowerStone-styled fighting game.

see im not getting this thing about feasability.. surely we get enough pokemon crap to warrant an extremelt massive rpg.. at least final fantasy at the end of the day delivers.

and no the main series hasn't changed in oh so long.

Sub-Topic: To the nay sayers, how do you propose the Pokemon series evolve from here?

Another Pokemon Black/White? Another 100 pokemon? How long do you think the same old crap can go on for?

Aim here was to throw some IDEAS, saying 'it won't work' and not saying what will will get us nowhere.

Obviously a pokemon game on a home console like the other ones but made exactly the same only in 3D wouldn't work. But Was Metroid Prime Super Metroid with 3D graphics? Was OoT ALttP with 3D graphics? Was Mario 64 Super Mario World but with 3D graphics? Was MGS MGII with 3D graphics. NO! When a game goes from 2D to 3D (And similar for handheld to console) the game obviously will be changed to suit the graphical or console change. Pokemon wouldn't be any different.

Think of the way ToS worked. Every single system in this would be perfectly suited for a 3D pokemon game. Everything! The way you have a giant world map with non-random battles, but the creatures that you see on the field are only dark shapes. The Battle system would be perfect. The way you go into villages and dungeons off the world map. The sorcerers ring functions would be perfect for HMs and the boat and the Rehairds (SP) would be perfect for the surf and fly HMs. Specifically with the battle system, the tech/arte attacks would be perfect for pokemon's normal moves while the standard attacks would make it more realistic. It would just work perfectly and would also be feasible to do. Now, I don't mean Nintendo should pay Namco to get Team Symphonia to do the next Pokemon game. Its just an example of how Pokemon could work as a 3D console game. Things could be added in like online trading and battling in towns. You could even have a dungeon that was MMO like perhaps.

Obviously a pokemon game on a home console like the other ones but made exactly the same only in 3D wouldn't work. But Was Metroid Prime Super Metroid with 3D graphics? Was OoT ALttP with 3D graphics? Was Mario 64 Super Mario World but with 3D graphics? Was MGS MGII with 3D graphics. NO! When a game goes from 2D to 3D (And similar for handheld to console) the game obviously will be changed to suit the graphical or console change. Pokemon wouldn't be any different.

Think of the way ToS worked. Every single system in this would be perfectly suited for a 3D pokemon game. Everything! The way you have a giant world map with non-random battles, but the creatures that you see on the field are only dark shapes. The Battle system would be perfect. The way you go into villages and dungeons off the world map. The sorcerers ring functions would be perfect for HMs and the boat and the Rehairds (SP) would be perfect for the surf and fly HMs. Specifically with the battle system, the tech/arte attacks would be perfect for pokemon's normal moves while the standard attacks would make it more realistic. It would just work perfectly and would also be feasible to do. Now, I don't mean Nintendo should pay Namco to get Team Symphonia to do the next Pokemon game. Its just an example of how Pokemon could work as a 3D console game. Things could be added in like online trading and battling in towns. You could even have a dungeon that was MMO like perhaps.

exatly! people keep going on about the trading aspect.. it doesnt HAVE to be the exact same game..

Free-roaming Adventure Pokemon Snap game.

I haven't even played the first one but I feel the potential.

see im not getting this thing about feasability.. surely we get enough pokemon crap to warrant an extremelt massive rpg.. at least final fantasy at the end of the day delivers.

and no the main series hasn't changed in oh so long.

See, the feasibility factor comes down to 2 things. The first is online (due to Nintendo's overall...attitude towards MMOs) and the second one relates to a certain word:

A good 3D MMO right from the get-go wouldn't be feasible, but I suppose some steps in that direction could be made.

...And I explained why that is.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not discarding the possibility. An MMO is feasible. So is a 3D game. But both are unexplored territory. Especially the MMO. Hell, even Lazyboy's idea about real-time battles are a deviation from the norm. If they start doing all of that stuff at once, shit is bound to happen. They need to get there one step at a time.

Okay, sorry more ideas.

Minigames, loads upon loads of them. Each pokemon has a preference as well, so through experimentation you find out which pokemon likes which minigame (like swimming, racing, catapulting whatever) and the more you play that game with the pokemon the more it likes you and the better it fights for you.

Paj Meen Ah, with the transition to MMO I think it is almost necessary to get rid of 'story' elements. In its place you can have massive 'job' related quests, almost a sidequest. So you pick say breeder or photographer as a secondary profession to trainer (because that is what everyone wants to do anyway) and with it is a massive 40 hour quest that requires you to meet certain people and go certain places all the while teaching you how to do the job until you eventually master it. So start up the game, say get to badges, and you get a call from home. You go home and there you're given an option for what to do. You pick say photographer, and then you're told to maybe go to a photography school in some city where it teaches you the basics. You graduate, then have to go find a master to take you has his disciple, where he'll teach you the intricate details. Things like getting more pokemon in a photo and how to find rare ones (and taking photos during a battle!!). Then you get good enough to go solo, earn money taking photos of rare pokemon, attempting to get the most expensive photo in all of the MMO world. Every job got have a progression like this, and there could be loads of jobs, and more could be added through DLC. Think of the freaking replay value.

I want to expand on my point about getting rid of EV training as well. I don't like the game being reduced to numbers, people battle an alakazm over and over again goes against the point of the game. Training should be made so the best way to make your pokemon better is to put the most time and effort and (sigh) love into training him. Taking him everywhere, letting him walk with you, letting him battle many different type of pokemon etc. You shouldn't be able to understand why they get better, just to be able to know that the more time and love you give it the better it gets.

Furthermore, if the pokemon is let out of its ball, lets see its personality. Lets see Pikachu grumpy or Onix cheerful. It'll help us bond with the pokemon.

Right that's it....for now

I want to expand on my point about getting rid of EV training as well. I don't like the game being reduced to numbers, people battle an alakazm over and over again goes against the point of the game. Training should be made so the best way to make your pokemon better is to put the most time and effort and (sigh) love into training him. Taking him everywhere, letting him walk with you, letting him battle many different type of pokemon etc. You shouldn't be able to understand why they get better, just to be able to know that the more time and love you give it the better it gets.

I disagree. I don't EV train my Pokémon but I do think it should be kept in the games. I think its important for there to be depth to the training process for those that want to dig into it. :heh:

I disagree. I don't EV train my Pokémon but I do think it should be kept in the games. I think its important for there to be depth to the training process for those that want to dig into it. :heh:

But, (and this is rare so get ready for this), i'm thinking of the more casual gamer here. Why should those players who love playing the game and put plenty of hours into it fare worse than the hardcore just because they aren't checking Serebii's website to see who has 3EV value. I think the spirit behind the game would be far improved if a trainers who walked along side their pokemon, fought it against every species of pokemon, played with it in its favourite minigames, fed it its favourite food and generally treated it with a little love should beat the trainer who grinds over and over in the same spot, fighting the same pokemon over and over.

i agry with lazyboy sounds good

i also want that you can take out your pokemon anythime you want to just play walk or train your pokemon that you can choose two pokemon to train against eachother to improve your skills strengt speed stuff like that

i also want online matchtes or even Co-op in the game that someone can join you in your quest or just play online matches

i dont know really how i want the battle system maybe like final fantasy

I don't think a game with a whole bunch of 40 hour quests, plus the game being an MMO is feasible. Perhaps mastering a job could be similar to the skill system in Runescape (and I'm not saying this would necessarily have to be an MMO), only better, so you weren't just repeating the same task over and over again, but doing slightly different things all the time. And having some actual skill involved as well. Perhaps you could train as a Photographer. Once you had gotten your first camera and learned the ropes of photography, you would go out on the route and pokemon would appear. If they see you they will run away. And they will run away once you take a picture of them. You will get more experience based on the rarity of the pokemon, the angle the pokemon was at (if it had its back to you you wouldn't do as well), ect. As you progressed, you would level up and gain the ability to do more and more different things, like use flashes, and you would unlock being able to buy and use more advanced and higher quality cameras and other equipment. You wouldn't just be training one skill at a time though, you would be trying to train all your skills at once. Each skill would be a different kind of job in the pokemon world. There would also be a more league and good VS evil main quest/story as well that would be similar to the older games.

Another thing you should be able to do though, is perhaps connect up with a 32 or 64 player room that is like an MMO with only those players. you could connect to either rooms or connect with friends. You would normally play in single player though when doing the main quest.

About the EV training. Perhaps they could just make EVs give you less of an advantage rather than just taking it right out.

Sign in to follow this