NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Falcon_BlizZACK

Pokemon on Wii: Ideas & Thoughts

Breaking away from the 'go-karting' idea, I thought it would be good if we could throw out our ideas of great Wii pokemon games, adventure or other.

*Please, no obsolete "ideas" such as 'Pokemon RPG can't work on Wii'.

I like the idea of an online "free-roaming" game of a Pokemon world where all wild Pokemon are available. Basically there is no story, just grass for you to capture and raise your 'mon and real, online people (maybe as Miis) to battle via wifi with or trade. Sort of like a Phantasy Star type game.

Or maybe be make 4 versions of the game (as Nintendo do), with 4 different regions each having their own distinct Pokemon, such as Kanto. That way, trade would have a greater emphasis.

Really, just an open game, visually simple but pure Pokemon.

MMO would be amazing, but it's not even worth thinking about.

Now Pokemon Racing, there's an idea I'm amazed no ones suggested.

Yeah, there was a Pokemon episode featuring racing pokemon... But of course, there would probably be few pokemon to choose from (the faster ones: Rapidash, Arcanine etc), but air races with flying pokemon could be suprisingly good, maybe even pilotwingish.

Yeah, there was a Pokemon episode featuring racing pokemon... But of course, there would probably be few pokemon to choose from (the faster ones: Rapidash, Arcanine etc), but air races with flying pokemon could be suprisingly good, maybe even pilotwingish.

I was just being annoying.

But er, seriously, I'm not sure if Pokemon would work on a console. I mean, it'd be amazing with a real time battle system, huge open world, online system etc... just I can't see it ever happening.

I do hope one day we see some form of monster catching MMO type thing, such an awesome idea and no ones bothered to jump on it.

MMO would be amazing, but it's not even worth thinking about.

There was a Pokemon racing game on the DS called Pokemon Dash. But it was an awful game and since then, Pokemon racing has been seen as a bad idea.

But perhaps if it was more like using Wolf Link in TP, it could be better.

Imagine Monster Hunter 3, but with Pokeymans! All that back story and behaviour they give pokemon that's mostly just for fun could be implemented.

Imagine Monster Hunter 3, but with Pokeymans! All that back story and behaviour they give pokemon that's mostly just for fun could be implemented.

I hope by that you mean we would be catching the Pokemon and not killing them to use their parts as weapons and armor.

I hope by that you mean we would be catching the Pokemon and not killing them to use their parts as weapons and armor.

Hehe, yes. You beat them up with your Pokemon and capture them. Or kill them.

Alright here we go, you ready for this?

To get the idea in your head we start off with the pearl/diamond games. Got it? Okay good so the first and obvious move is we bring it into 3D. Then make it beautiful. With the power of the Wii however you don't stop there. No more random battles. Hard to imagine? Shouldn't be. When you walk into long grass you're still going to get attacked by pokemon, except now they actually exist in the grass. Now when you walking through grass, if you get close to one it will run up and attack you. So if you're walking through a pokemon heavy area like a forest you might see a fearow sweeping down or a rattata running between patches of long grass. The biggest advantage of pokemon existing in a physical sense though is for rarer pokemon. Imagine you want say a pikachu or something and they're rare in this area. You're walking around and suddenly you think you see one. Then you have a whole new layer to the game where you're chasing after pokemon before you even fight them. Also you'll get a better idea of pokemon size. Imagine seeing a giant onix breaking out of the ground in front of you.

Now say you're want to fight a pokemon as opposed to it starting a battle with you. You've caught up with this pikachu, you lock onto it and throw the ball and bam you're in a battle. But instead of the screen flashing and changing to the classic battle screen, the character simply takes a step back and the fight begins right there.

Now i'm not to certain about how the battle system should work, but I have an idea. The one thing I know is you do not control the pokemon. You control the trainer ordering the pokemon. Personally I think the battles should be as much like the anime as possible. Maybe something like FFXII. Your movement is locked on to your own pokemon and you stand a distance from it so you can see the whole fight. You command the pokemon to do a move, and after a certain time limit it will do it. The time limit depends on the pokemon's speed, how long the move take to perform (obviously longer for more powerful moves), the distance between the pokemon and whether the moves are performed in one go or more. If pokemon are hit they carry on, so if tackled while charging a thunder, the move will continue. However I think there should be a guard break type thing, where each pokemon will have a limit (that raises with level obviously) that more powerful moves may have a limit over. So pikachu has a GB limit of 90, and I manage to get my hitmonchan to hit it with an ice punch, which has a GB of 100, pikachu will be stopped from performing his thunder and will be thrown back and pant for a few seconds like he does in the anime until a new order is issued.

During the battle potions etc can be applied but you have to be next to the pokemon. So pikachu's guard has been broken and he gets thrown back, you have to run up to him and apply the potion. It might be tempting to follow the pokemon around the field applying potion after potion, but because the camera is over shoulder, you have to stand back from the fight to see it.

Right so that's my idea for a battle. I think the growth of pokemon should remain pretty similar, maybe do something to curb EV training. Oh and I think pokemon should be able to master moves, the more you use them the stronger the moves get. That offers an incentive to not simply replace moves with the stronger ones. Plus some moves upgrade better than others, and in different ways, with the move itself possibly even evolving itself, into something else.

However the biggest change I propose is online play. All online. It doesn't change the game much, just no more team rocket stuff. There are still gyms and stuff, i'll come to that later. You start in a home village of your choosing. And take the world in any order you want. No plot, no direction. You just want to become the best pokemon trainer.

The world itself is ofcourse massive, with every region to so far appear in games included and more. Every region has the same amount of gyms, so you can start in any small village and not be far away from an entry level gym. TMs return and the world is structured so that you can get around and between continents even without TMs, but to get to certain cities you need TMs. So to get to one city with the next gym you may need cut, and to get to the next you may need next cut and flash. This should help channel the best players into certain areas, so if you want to find someone to battle around your level, go to a city you're able to reach because of your latest TM.

I'm also thinking of a gadget which when activated changes the display, so players are highlighted by colours. The colours are part of a spectrum which show the trainers relative strength. The same thing can be used to show areas, so an area of the forest with high level pokemon will be highlighted red. This is so low level trainers don't walk into an area will level 50 kadabras.

That's most of it. Obviously voice chat etc. No warping! You can fly, but you actually have to fly! Because the world is so big you should be able to fit all the pokemon in there. Quests, like the graveyards. Aesthetic things like being able to release a pokemon to walk beside you, or be able to ride the bigger ones in certain areas. Minigames like pokemon racing.

For me the coolest thing would be meeting with a friend in a certain city, hearing from another friend that some distance away you can catch such and such a pokemon, and you quest it together to get this pokemon.

Oh, and then there's legendarys. My idea for this is that one is released every couple of months, and everyone can go for it, and only one lucky bastard gets it. So you'll have hundreds of guys flying after a diagla throwing pokeballs at it, it would be brilliant.

Anyway, thats all........for now.

As a proper one is completely out of the question and will never happen...I propose this

Pokémon Ranger Wii. Continues the Ranger spin-off but utilises the Wii Remote with Wii Motion Plus as the Capture Styler

Alright here we go, you ready for this?

To get the idea in your head we start off with the pearl/diamond games. Got it? Okay good so the first and obvious move is we bring it into 3D. Then make it beautiful. With the power of the Wii however you don't stop there. No more random battles. Hard to imagine? Shouldn't be. When you walk into long grass you're still going to get attacked by pokemon, except now they actually exist in the grass. Now when you walking through grass, if you get close to one it will run up and attack you. So if you're walking through a pokemon heavy area like a forest you might see a fearow sweeping down or a rattata running between patches of long grass. The biggest advantage of pokemon existing in a physical sense though is for rarer pokemon. Imagine you want say a pikachu or something and they're rare in this area. You're walking around and suddenly you think you see one. Then you have a whole new layer to the game where you're chasing after pokemon before you even fight them. Also you'll get a better idea of pokemon size. Imagine seeing a giant onix breaking out of the ground in front of you.

Now say you're want to fight a pokemon as opposed to it starting a battle with you. You've caught up with this pikachu, you lock onto it and throw the ball and bam you're in a battle. But instead of the screen flashing and changing to the classic battle screen, the character simply takes a step back and the fight begins right there.

Now i'm not to certain about how the battle system should work, but I have an idea. The one thing I know is you do not control the pokemon. You control the trainer ordering the pokemon. Personally I think the battles should be as much like the anime as possible. Maybe something like FFXII. Your movement is locked on to your own pokemon and you stand a distance from it so you can see the whole fight. You command the pokemon to do a move, and after a certain time limit it will do it. The time limit depends on the pokemon's speed, how long the move take to perform (obviously longer for more powerful moves), the distance between the pokemon and whether the moves are performed in one go or more. If pokemon are hit they carry on, so if tackled while charging a thunder, the move will continue. However I think there should be a guard break type thing, where each pokemon will have a limit (that raises with level obviously) that more powerful moves may have a limit over. So pikachu has a GB limit of 90, and I manage to get my hitmonchan to hit it with an ice punch, which has a GB of 100, pikachu will be stopped from performing his thunder and will be thrown back and pant for a few seconds like he does in the anime until a new order is issued.

During the battle potions etc can be applied but you have to be next to the pokemon. So pikachu's guard has been broken and he gets thrown back, you have to run up to him and apply the potion. It might be tempting to follow the pokemon around the field applying potion after potion, but because the camera is over shoulder, you have to stand back from the fight to see it.

Right so that's my idea for a battle. I think the growth of pokemon should remain pretty similar, maybe do something to curb EV training. Oh and I think pokemon should be able to master moves, the more you use them the stronger the moves get. That offers an incentive to not simply replace moves with the stronger ones. Plus some moves upgrade better than others, and in different ways, with the move itself possibly even evolving itself, into something else.

However the biggest change I propose is online play. All online. It doesn't change the game much, just no more team rocket stuff. There are still gyms and stuff, i'll come to that later. You start in a home village of your choosing. And take the world in any order you want. No plot, no direction. You just want to become the best pokemon trainer.

The world itself is ofcourse massive, with every region to so far appear in games included and more. Every region has the same amount of gyms, so you can start in any small village and not be far away from an entry level gym. TMs return and the world is structured so that you can get around and between continents even without TMs, but to get to certain cities you need TMs. So to get to one city with the next gym you may need cut, and to get to the next you may need next cut and flash. This should help channel the best players into certain areas, so if you want to find someone to battle around your level, go to a city you're able to reach because of your latest TM.

I'm also thinking of a gadget which when activated changes the display, so players are highlighted by colours. The colours are part of a spectrum which show the trainers relative strength. The same thing can be used to show areas, so an area of the forest with high level pokemon will be highlighted red. This is so low level trainers don't walk into an area will level 50 kadabras.

That's most of it. Obviously voice chat etc. No warping! You can fly, but you actually have to fly! Because the world is so big you should be able to fit all the pokemon in there. Quests, like the graveyards. Aesthetic things like being able to release a pokemon to walk beside you, or be able to ride the bigger ones in certain areas. Minigames like pokemon racing.

For me the coolest thing would be meeting with a friend in a certain city, hearing from another friend that some distance away you can catch such and such a pokemon, and you quest it together to get this pokemon.

Oh, and then there's legendarys. My idea for this is that one is released every couple of months, and everyone can go for it, and only one lucky bastard gets it. So you'll have hundreds of guys flying after a diagla throwing pokeballs at it, it would be brilliant.

Anyway, thats all........for now.

Beautiful... I read every word. That would be a dream come true.

As a proper one is completely out of the question and will never happen...I propose this

Pokémon Ranger Wii. Continues the Ranger spin-off but utilises the Wii Remote with Wii Motion Plus as the Capture Styler

Didn't you mention the possibility of a Mystery Dungeon game in another thread...? Bringing a Mystery Dungeon game to the Wii is an idea I could get behind. :)

Yeah, I have a gut feeling that the Mystery Dungeon game thats set to be revealed next week is a Wii version

Do you mean just because Nintendo will never be bothered to do it or because it won't work?

Do you mean just because Nintendo will never be bothered to do it or because it won't work?

Probably because it would be expensive and there's not really any need for them to spend a large amount of money on a 3D one.

King V requested for this thread not to include stuff like that, but the latter as opposed to the former

Probably because it would be expensive and there's not really any need for them to spend a large amount of money on a 3D one.

Well yeah the only reason would be to please their fans, and that ain't enough of a reason for them.

King V requested for this thread not to include stuff like that, but the latter as opposed to the former

I'm sorry to disrupt your thread King, but i've seen you say this many times and I want to know why it wouldn't work. I'm not going to start an argument, hell with your expertise on the subject it would be pointless. So if you could help me out here I'm really interested to know, because I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

I'm sorry to disrupt your thread King, but i've seen you say this many times and I want to know why it wouldn't work. I'm not going to start an argument, hell with your expertise on the subject it would be pointless. So if you could help me out here I'm really interested to know, because I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

You ain't mate, it was a natural progression I guess. I think Serebii argues that due to the amounts of training of pokemon, he feels it would be more appropriate for the easy-to-turn-on/off portable type. Correct me if I am wrong.

I generally disagree with that notion, because games like Colosseum and XD were vaguely enjoyable mainly for the pokemon battles and the prospect of actually allowing you to train (and heal) and witness your pokemon evolve. Those games were only let down by story, music, lack of adventure and the recycling of a lot of things in the sequel from the prequel.

Fact is though, if Nintendo make a "proper" wii Pokemon game, you will ALL buy it, regardless of whether you think it will work or not. This was why I didn't want this topic to dwell on such opinions.

That's a fair point, but I don't think I have ever played a pokemon game (the main ones) for less than 3 hours at once, so the transition to home console would suit me perfectly.

Sign in to follow this