• The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening/DX
    • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest
    • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
    • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
    • The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    • The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Even to list a top three its still splitting hairs...

1) Majora's Mask

2) Twilight Princess

3) Link's Awakening

Top 3

1. Wind Waker- for previously stated reasons, and the intro mosaic thingy never fails to give me a boner

2. Legend of Zelda 1-my first videogame christmas gift ever

3. OoT- some iffy dungeons are overshadowed by the best music and boss battles of the entire series

3. OoT- some iffy dungeons are overshadowed by the best music and boss battles of the entire series

I was thinking about OOT's dungeons the other day. There's something very real about them (and Majora's Mask's). Maybe it's the exact camera angles they used, but there's something particularly immersive about those two games.

Even as I write this I can imagine myself in the higher levels of the Fire Temple, trying to figure out how to reach the top...

Sometimes I think the one way they could truly recreate the magic in OOT and MM is to use the same character models (more polygons, but exactly the same proportions), the same music, same textures (but higher-res) etc.

Now personally, I think they've already "beaten" Ocarina of Time with Wind Waker (and MM), but that might be a way to truly surpass it in the eyes of fans.

Sometimes I think the one way they could truly recreate the magic in OOT and MM is to use the same character models (more polygons, but exactly the same proportions), the same music, same textures (but higher-res) etc.
You mean kinda like how Melee upped the OOT models, only now even better? so maybe like they looked in the intro...

ssblink01ub0.jpg

ssb138gaxc6qg7.jpg

Actually I suppose that's a lot like going back to the style shown in the Zelda spaceworld tech demo [but better facial expressions], only this time the actual gameplay would be capable of looking like that!

It makes for quite an interesting style actually, because it manages to blend some realism with a more animated/cartoony look.

Majora's Mask has 23 and OOT has 22 if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: Damn didn't refresh browser and now I lost count...

Counting all the Top 3 around here (3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd):

Phantom Hourglass - 0

Oracle of Ages/Seasons - 0

Legend of Zelda - 2

Minish Cap - 3

Link's Awakening - 4

Twilight Princess - 5.5

A Link to the Past - 8.5

Wind Waker - 13

Ocarina of Time - 15

Majora's Mask - 21

Voters (only Top 3s were counted):

Captain Falcon (considering his post)

dazzybee

Grazza

Jav_NE

Daft

Retro_Link

mcj Metroid

Jonnas

Cube

darksnowman

Pit-Jr

Portlett (dubious vote?)

Portlett gave two 3rd places, so I gave half a point to each. Not sure if that was alright.

And one more thing, should we consider both OoA/OoS or each one separate? Because both of them together form my 3rd spot, and I didn't count that.

May have been a bit late on the second vote so here is mine-

Majora's Mask (under-appreciated in most cases, except here)

Ocarina of Time

Oracle of Ages (seemingly under-appreciated also).

Majora? Majora?! Majora with the Poké and 'de mon, and 'de rawwrr rwrrr rwrrr

Glad people are taking my suggestion haha.

And I suggested top 3 games because what if people have only played 4 or 5 Zelda games. If it were a top 5 list and the person didn't enjoy 2 of the games they'd be forced to give those games point thus skewing the overall scoring process.

(Plus its how my favorite sports league does voting for individual awards)

Captain Falcon (considering his post)

Whilst I wouldn't condone the use of assumptions, especially considering what's happened to me this week, you are correct to take my post that way.

You mean kinda like how Melee upped the OOT models, only now even better? so maybe like they looked in the intro...

Yeah, exactly. I'm sure they could recreate the OOT atmosphere if they wanted to. It does, after all, largely come down to a technical formula. One big help might be to stop having the camera so distant from Link - to stop having these near-overhead views.

And one more thing, should we consider both OoA/OoS or each one separate? Because both of them together form my 3rd spot, and I didn't count that.

Thanks for doing that, Jonnas. I'm pleased with the Top 3 so far.

Regarding Oracle of... personally, I would count them as either or both. If people have given two places to those games, they should have points each, of if they want to see it as one game, that also deserves points if it makes the difference between it entering the Top 3 or not.

Whilst I wouldn't condone the use of assumptions, especially considering what's happened to me this week, you are correct to take my post that way.

I'm glad I didn't offend you, then :smile:

Yeah, exactly. I'm sure they could recreate the OOT atmosphere if they wanted to. It does, after all, largely come down to a technical formula. One big help might be to stop having the camera so distant from Link - to stop having these near-overhead views.

The camera angles are actually a good point. I just remembered how, thanks to the camera, some ladders ended up being more exciting than usual.

Thanks for doing that, Jonnas. I'm pleased with the Top 3 so far.

No problem :smile:

Regarding Oracle of... personally, I would count them as either or both. If people have given two places to those games, they should have points each, of if they want to see it as one game, that also deserves points if it makes the difference between it entering the Top 3 or not.

I see... OoA/OoS take over LA as my No.3 spot, then. I'll change accordingly:

Phantom Hourglass - 0

Legend of Zelda - 2

Oracle of Ages/Seasons - 2

Minish Cap - 3

Link's Awakening - 3

Twilight Princess - 6.5

A Link to the Past - 8.5

Wind Waker - 13

Ocarina of Time - 19

Majora's Mask - 27

Captain Falcon

dazzybee

Grazza

Jav_NE

Daft

Retro_Link

mcj Metroid

Jonnas

Cube

darksnowman

Pit-Jr

Sheikah

MoogleViper

Portlett (dubious vote?)

Honestly, I'm kinda surprised a single game is getting such a huge lead. I'd expect some back-and-forth.

And I find that PH having zero points is a bit unfair (as the game was pretty enjoyable), but with such fierce competition, it is to be expected.

And I find that PH having zero points is a bit unfair (as the game was pretty enjoyable), but with such fierce competition, it is to be expected.

Yeah, it's probably in my Top 10. I just don't think it had enough flair to be many people's favourite.

Top three then...

1. A Link to the Past

2. Ocarina of Time

3. Majora's Mask

Photo finish between OoT, MM and AlttP. It's hard to pick only one, but if it has to be done, I think OoT deserves the credits.

My thoughts exactly

by law though even after playing both oot and majora's mask again recently.. majora... is a good bit better :)

I still think so..

Well I voted OoT and is by far my favourite Zelda game but I think there are others that deserve mentions. Links Awakening is awesome...I didn't own a NES or SNES but owned a gameboy and I played it soo soo many times through and it had so many stand out great moments...

For me Minish Cap is also great and under appreciated Zelda game, I am just playing through it now and think it is definitely one of the most original Zelda titles out there. It adds so many new elements to the series and its two worlds twist is one of the best there. Dare I say this...for me it's better than both Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass...Although that's not to say TP doesn't have it's stand out moments that are up there as the best in the series and PH is a different breed of Zelda game being more casual orientated..

Edited by flameboy

For me:

1 Majora's Mask

2 Minnish Cap

3 Wind Waker

I feel like OoT and the Oracles should be in there, but there's not enough room, dammit!

I haven't made my vote, but,...

1) The Legend of Zelda (NES)

2 and further, the rest.

Without this classic game, Zelda and Link were not as awesome as they would be up to this day.... A Link to the Past (your first Zelda?) might not even excist without this NES game....

Where is The Adventure of Link?????????

One of the coolest back then, even better when playing it 15 years later.

Where are the CDi games? They are no good and I want to set them on fire with my candle!

2 and further, the rest.

Without this classic game, Zelda and Link were not as awesome as they would be up to this day.... A Link to the Past (your first Zelda?) might not even excist without this NES game....

Where are the CDi games? They are no good and I want to set them on fire with my candle!

I only picked th options people are most likely to vote for. you only get a limit of ten. and nobody ever says adventure of link or cdi games :D

im gonna have to go with the majora mask not just the best Zelda game possibly the best game on the N64

i recently brought it on virtual console and it still seems awesome

2 and further, the rest.

Its important to remember where the Zelda series started and all... but come on man, show me some Majora's Mask love!

im gonna have to go with the majora mask not just the best Zelda game possibly the best game on the N64

i recently brought it on virtual console and it still seems awesome

Epic fail? More like Epic Win! :grin:

well...Majora's mask WAS my favourite zelda game but after darksnowman saying he likes it I may have to change my mind and run :D