NEurope
Pancake

How much do you spend on food a week?

As a budgeting measure we've started shopping at Aldi (Lidl/Netto are comparable) and our bills have gone down to about £70 per fortnight.

That serves two adults, a two year old and a baby (but the baby consumes nothing at the moment).

I do contribute to the food bill each month, last month gave half my work gift vouchers to my mum for Christmas food shopping.

Sometimes even i buy in the takeouts.

Shopping only, about £30 for myself. However If I taking into account any take out, or other meals I buy during the weekend (pub lunch etc) probably comes to £60-£70 a week.

I spend about £10 a day on food and (nonalcoholic) drink while at uni.

I can't cook though so I usually just get a microwave meal and a premade sandwich every day :)

God knows, a fair chunk of it is in our canteen thing so difficult to calculate. Probably far too much though, although it is the only real thing I spend money on other than books.

Right now i spend about £2 a week on bread, jam and chocolate spred for lunches. My g/fs parents buy the dinner!

But before we lived with them i guess i spent between £10-15 when trying to save. When not trying to save i'd spend that much just on lunches (im a sucker for Subway), with dinners on top so i guess £30 would be the max when i was being naughty and not saving.

About £100+ for five adults.