NEurope
Pancake

How much do you spend on food a week?

A workmate mentioned to me that her and her partner spend about £30 a week - for BOTH of them. I then wondered if i'm a glutton for spending between £30 - £35 a week on food just for me.

I'm not fat, but i must eat a lot, if i'm spending as much as 2 people. And i don't buy particularly expensive stuff.

How much do you spend on food a week?

Usually around £10 on the weekly shop (bearing in mind I don't buy meat or fish, which tends to be a fair few quid each) and up to a tenner on other things during the week which I'd forgotten about/snacks.

Plus I am trying to budget, otherwise I would spent a lot more.

Think we spend about £75 every fortnight on food shopping for two of us.

Do get a fair few luxuries in there though.

Usually around £10 on the weekly shop (bearing in mind I don't buy meat or fish, which tends to be a fair few quid each) and up to a tenner on other things during the week which I'd forgotten about/snacks.

Plus I am trying to budget, otherwise I would spent a lot more.

Really?? I can't even imagine getting adequate food for £10. What's a typical meal for you?

Looking at my budget I seem to spend about £100 a month on food. Probably add a few meals out onto the top of that but it doesn't seem too bad to me.

Really?? I can't even imagine getting adequate food for £10. What's a typical meal for you?

I do need to learn to cook more but I tend to cycle through pasta, spaghetti, curry, chilli, sunday 'roast' (although as said, meatless).

Baring in mind it alters week by week. Some things I buy in large bulk (ie rice, pasta etc) so one week it'll be more but then I don't need to buy it again for a few weeks. And then obviously sauces and stuff to cook it in, and vegetables to chuck in it.

I personally don't do the shopping, that's the parents' job to provide food, but I believe they can spend up to £70 a week on food. There's 6 of us in the house including myself, my parents, brother, sister and nephew. Doesn't last very long either. But when I think about it, we never usually buy expensive stuff so don't understand why it costs so much. Usually buy things like chicken breasts, rice and pasta in bulk to keep the price down but it's still pretty high for some reason. Damn supermarkets.

About £20 a week for me; but that tends to be the essentials - I rarely snack around the house, so not too bad really!

Spend around £20 per week when I'm at Uni.....thats jus the basics as well....everythin is so damn expensive inlcuding the grocery shopping!

Back at uni, I spent about £20 on my weekly shop. Maybe £30 if I had a bit extra cash that week.

Living at home now, probably about £50-100.

Me and my girlfriend spend £40 a week between us. We normally get a few nice bits too.

Wow... i just don't know where all my money is going then. Though i do always spend £10 on fruit and veg to start (i eat fruit with breakfast, and take some to work)... and then make my way round the rest of the supermarket.

Unfortunately, I'm far too full of myself to buy the cheaper products so I usually end up spending more money than I would hope. My shopping bill is between £50 and £60 a week for me and Letty.

Me and my girlfriend usually go for some of the cheaper stuff like the supermarkets own juice, yogurt, crisps, pasta, rice, chocolate and most things that are used as an ingredient or to add. Then we go for branded food like pasta sauces, cheese, bread, etc.

At home I don't chip in for food, I'm hardly ever here except christmas and the odd weekend.

At uni I spend about £30, I buy chicken alot, which hurts a huge portion of my spending. I buy alot of orange juice and yohgarts also.

At uni me and my house mate would spend around £30 a week between us. Shopping at Tesco's, Asda and Morrisons.

Since I've moved in with my girlfriend and been made redundant. We've cut back alot and now do the majority of the shopping at Netto. It's so cheap, I can almost get double than I would at Tesco's. Last time we went we spent £30 inc toilet roll, tooth paste etc and that will last us over 3 weeks.

Netto's fresh fruit and veg isn't brill, i'll still pop to Tescos for that.

Unfortunately, I'm far too full of myself to buy the cheaper products so I usually end up spending more money than I would hope. My shopping bill is between £50 and £60 a week for me and Letty.

Even though the cheap stuff most likely is made in the same factory?

Usually about £30. Most of that goes on meat and fruit/vegetables, and then obviously there's bread, milk, and other bits and pieces.

when at uni i spend about 10 a week on food for just lil ol me and that includes dinner for 2 on tuesdays (cause gregs there)

tho i do go home at the weekend so saturday and sunday night my dad cooks

and that includes toiletries and cleaning stuff for around the house :)

The absolute minimum per month that I can spend is £125 (£30 a week?) and thats if I do a proper shopping list and plan what I'll eat for every single day of the month... If I dont do that, I will usually spend around £170 a month on food. I need to eat all the time otherwise I'll get hungry and I have to spend around £6 a week on my Terrapin's food which is included in my total.

At uni me and my house mate would spend around £30 a week between us. Shopping at Tesco's, Asda and Morrisons.

Since I've moved in with my girlfriend and been made redundant. We've cut back alot and now do the majority of the shopping at Netto. It's so cheap, I can almost get double than I would at Tesco's. Last time we went we spent £30 inc toilet roll, tooth paste etc and that will last us over 3 weeks.

Netto's fresh fruit and veg isn't brill, i'll still pop to Tescos for that.

Even though the cheap stuff most likely is made in the same factory?

Yeah but not from the same ingredients and process. :p

I spend waay too much. Alcohol alone I probably burn through £40 a week. Food is sporadic - I just spent £4 for a bunch of pasta sauces and tuna, which'll last me a week or two.

Having said that, I've also just spent £15 on pizzas for me and my mates, and have had several take-aways since returning to uni. Not good. Need to start thinking about this whole 'budgeting' thing, considering I've been away from home for 3 years and don't really have a clue how much I spend every week, month, or even year... *I'll be there for youuuuu*