NEurope
ShadowV7

Scrubs Season 8

The final season of Scrubs is now pretty much upon us with it being only a matter of hours untill the premier starts over in America with a 2 episode premier. ABC are that generous or wanting Scrubs over with that they're showing 2 episodes next week and the week after that. Both new ofcourse, not one new and one being the previous episode.

After the screw up of the Season 7 with the writers strike this final season has 18 episodes, all of which have been filmed and completed for quite some time now. Braff and Bill officially left during the summer once filming was completed, then there was rumours of the show having a spin-off/continuing on ABC, which have now thankfully been dismissed by Sarah Chalke.

So now, who else will be watching this? I know that Scrubs has quite the fanbase here so i'd imagine there'll be a good few folk. What does everyone expect to happen and how will it end? We don't have too long to wait :)/:(

When did Chalke dismiss it, because Lawrence was still talking about it last week.She may not be in it but basically ABC picked up the writes to the name Scrubs, the hospital name Sacred Heart and completely change everything else if they want (well hell, they could change the hospital name but you catch my drift)

Here. Missed that interview, slightly older than the Lawrance interview. Atleast it's ending the way Lawrence wanted it, if they did continue it, least it was the way he wanted it.

Though a few months ago she mentioned that having Scrubs back for Season 8 was like everyone winning the lottery and she would continue it. Though with Braff, Lawrence and Reyes left it, it's bound to suck :heh:

Awesome, though I think I missed a large chunk of S7. It was really disjointed, Kelso leaving in one episode only to be back to business in the next.

That was NBC's fault, they seemed to put the play order on shuffle ::shrug:

Glad to see it getting better, a nice mix of humour and "heart" with an interesting group of new interns at least. Shame they got rid of that orderly, inappropriate touching is always fun. As is Courtney Cox Arquette.

"Catch my Disease" was an odd song to chose for a hospital show, but "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" is great so...yeah.

Cougar nights at bars woud be fun. Someone should do that.

And also; that self-referential joke at the end of the 1st was...awkward.

Oh.

"Is that your daughter?"

"It is yes."

Now ask her something but nothing too personal

"Did you deliver vaginaly?"

"I did...wow"

I thought the quality looked better...I forgot they've switched to HD.

Looking forward to this.....in the process of obtaining the first two episodes right now.

I completely forgot about this until this thread this morning... Episodes should be ready for me when I return home from work.

Question is, 24 Redemption or this first?

This :p (plus this is what, at least half the length? plus from what I hear Redemption is a bit meh)

Plus I need someone to talk to about it as I should be doing assignments...

I still haven't seen the 7th season of this so no point in me starting the 8th. Has it been shown on E4? If it has, then I didn't see it advertised and must have missed it. Last lot I saw was the season where laverenne dies. Think that's the 6th season.

I think that was. And to be fair not much happened in season seven as it was cut short but what did happen;

J.D. and Elliot left Kim and Keith and went back and forth but I believe they decided against a relationship.

Elliot thought it would be nice to throw a birthday celebration for Dr Kelso but after finding out his real age, and publising it, Kelso is forced into retirement....

Think thats it.

that was amusing. hurrah!

Anyone else feel a 'that guy' vibe off George? dunno where I've seen him before.

YAY! more scrubs for me to watch. Not yet seen season 7, sounds abit like season..oh I don't know all the seasons?

Nice to see the whole JD and Elliot thing still going in circles. Their whole relationship annoys me, especially JD's attitude in earlier seasons. I havnt watched it regularly for yonks because i couldnt care less anymore about his reltionships. Only Turk and Carla were worth watching regularly to see where they went, otherwise i just watch it occasionally for fun. I guess thats one of its strengths, but i'd rate it higher if it had more engaging on-going storylines.

Anyone else feel a 'that guy' vibe off George? dunno where I've seen him before.

I got that from the blonde intern, the one thats really blunt.

Glynn Turman.

Been in a few episodes of The Wire (Former Mayor Clarence Royce)

I got that from the blonde intern, the one thats really blunt.

Eliza Coupe

Samantha Who?, Flights of the Concourt ('Lisa' in one episode) and some other stuff I've never heard of.

I loved the episode, real return to form. Looking forward to the rest now.

Glynn Turman.

Thank you!!

Glynn Turman.

Eliza Coupe

Samantha Who?, Flights of the Concourt ('Lisa' in one episode) and some other stuff I've never heard of.

i should really know that. He looks pretty different out of a suit and sans beard

But...she can't fire him. He surely has to find a way back next week.

Didn't think the double bill was all that amazing apart from the

stuffed JD lol

Didn't think the double bill was all that amazing apart from the
stuffed JD lol

That was a classic Scrubs moment. My other favourite part was:

When Elliot says something to Keith about the wedding being called off and JD thinks "That was harsh, but no one cared because..."

Question is, 24 Redemption or this first?

24 Redemption was terrible, i love 24 but didn't enjoy Redemption at all.