NEurope
Ollie

Beta testers needed - MGA!

(Mods, if this is inappropriate, please move/remove thanks)

Guys and gals, your attention please.

A few months ago I posted up in the Creative gallery about a website that I had wanted to make for sometime now. After some positive feedback, myself and my friend got stuck in! :awesome:

Well the time has come, finally, and we are now ready for beta testers! Yay!

It has been over 2 months of pretty much solid work on the site, as we both have full time jobs fitting this in has been hard but well worth it. All I need you to do is start using the site (should you like the idea that is). There is a feedback form on the site which is currently available from anywhere, you will see what I mean once you get there.

Important note: Please don't post bugs etc here, N-Europe is in no way related to my site and I am asking here purely because NE users are more likely to be interested. What this means is that under no circumstances should the services provided by NE be used by myself or MGA users as a communication medium!

Anyway, what we have released is only a TINY part of what we have planned and bug fixes/new features are going live everyday. We are also aware that there many small formatting bugs but any feedback at all is very very much appreciated.

PS - I have a feeling (although currently a bit funny looking) that the friend code management feature will be popular : peace:

Cheers guys, hope you like :smile:

How do I add games? Do I click the A or the W?

A, thats what i did.

Im ASSUMING, which we shouldnt have to do, A is Add and W is Want.

A, thats what i did.

Im ASSUMING, which we shouldnt have to do, A is Add and W is Want.

Yeah just tried and A is owned and W is wished.

Shenmue for the dreamcast is not on there, yet Shenmue 2 for Xbox is. Please fix this monumental error immediately and I may spare you.

Yeah just tried and A is owned and W is wished.

Shenmue for the dreamcast is not on there, yet Shenmue 2 for Xbox is. Please fix this monumental error immediately and I may spare you.

The search box is also quite weak.

I put "Lego Jones" which returned no searches, i couldnt spell indiana at that moment :'(

Oh and I found a problem. Check the Top ten highest games.

Where?

Also i like to press enter to login, not have to move my cursor ALL THE WAY to the login button.

Where?

Also i like to press enter to login, not have to move my cursor ALL THE WAY to the login button.

1. On the main page

2. Yeah that annoys me too.

1. On the main page

2. Yeah that annoys me too.

It also logs you out everytime you send them feedback ='[

Oh and I found a problem. Check the Top ten highest games.

What fool let Sonic Unleashed there?

Anyway, seems pretty cool. It could do with a little sprucing and older, PC and downloadable games added, but it's a good job for the beta. The edit game details could do with following the page. The ability to browse the games (rather than just searching) would be nice, too.

Edit: It seems you can drag the box with you.

Edit: I love the "Advert".

Ok thanks for the feedback guys but if any of the mods feel that they would rather ppl werent telling us about bugs here once they have laid down the law please just use the feedback form.

You are already doing a grand job and have found things we haven't see ourselves before.

One thing I would like to say is that it hasn't actually been optimised for Firefox or IE, only Chrome so far. So if you are using either of those browsers we are working on the optimisation already. We haven't tested any other browsers yet.

Anyway I can't reply to everything but anything submitted to us thru the feedback form is logged :D

Thanks again all!

EDIT - Just been reading feedback in the database, and thank you SO much, it is so so helpful to see the things that we have missed from looking at the site so much and getting to know how it works!

Hey All,

Thought I'll signup and drop you guys a line =o) I'm the "friend" Ollie has been working with.

I have been going through lot of the feedback and fixed alot of it, especially things like having to click login to login...sigh i know!

There's a full change list on the site of what was fixed =o)

Sorry no Shenmue yet as it is a Dreamcast game and we haven't added Dreamcast as one of the systems yet...will do though.

New improved search will be coming soon, I know it is bit pooey at the moment but should be better soon(ish) =O)))

Over all thank you very much for all the kind comments and feedback and keep hammering away, otherwise i might actually have to do some real work tomorrow =o)

.FxN.

I presume/hope the design is placeholder yes? Its a great idea and I wish you all the best but that was the first thing that hit me. The design.

Signed up and added my Wii games :)

Nice site!

Also, how come there isn't PC games?

Signed up but I haven't got the activation. I put the correct e-mail in but I haven't recieved anything.

EDIT: Never mind, had to root through all the junk, hehe. Adding games now. Nice site by the way.

Pretty neat website.

I presume/hope the design is placeholder yes? Its a great idea and I wish you all the best but that was the first thing that hit me. The design.

Actually it isn't a place holder. In terms of design, this is the biggest thing I have ever done and have had to learn a lot as I go along. I definately have ideas in my head for what I would like it to look like and I certainly have aspirations for the design. I made 2 decisions before I started, first was that I wanted it to be a 'full width' site (which in hindsight has made life so much harder) and second, that I wanted it be simple. I have managed both of those things, and I can appreciate that it wont be to everyones tastes.

But moving forwards this is going to be a community driven site and if users hate the design, the design will change, of course we can't please everyone :wtf:

We will monitor all feedback carefully and see what happens....i'll put your feedback in the 'dislikes design' pile :heh:

Thanks for your feedback tho, right now the most important thing is that users like the idea and that it is easy to use, we need to get users and keep them!

Signed up and added my Wii games :)

Nice site!

Also, how come there isn't PC games?

PC games will go on, but possibly not in the way we have added the other games. This is still something that we are considering as I'm sure you can image there are literally thousands of PC games. Our first game upload was over 10,000 games and that took me quite sometime to compile on my own :indeed:

How do you see the collection you have? I found the wishlist collection but I can't see the games I have.

There's already someone called "The fish", unless they're made to die a slow, painful death, count me out...

I'm kidding, I'll sign up!