NEurope
Ollie

Beta testers needed - MGA!

Adding a name or e-mail in wouldn't make a difference to spamming ability?

You'd implement verification image codes, log IPs, etc.

Or use your profile to keep track of your messages.

Well good to see you've taken the suggestions on board, I can actually change my profile pic now. One thing I need to suggest although its minor and I'm not sure how you'd work around it. But some games are known by multiple names in various different regions so if you search for a game in a name known to you in a certain region, it might not be known by your database. Not entirely sure how you've set up your database but so you don't have separate results for the same game, perhaps have certain search terms point to a particular game. I noticed this when trying project rub, and Dr kawashima's but there are obviously more that come to mind.

Well good to see you've taken the suggestions on board, I can actually change my profile pic now. One thing I need to suggest although its minor and I'm not sure how you'd work around it. But some games are known by multiple names in various different regions so if you search for a game in a name known to you in a certain region, it might not be known by your database. Not entirely sure how you've set up your database but so you don't have separate results for the same game, perhaps have certain search terms point to a particular game. I noticed this when trying project rub, and Dr kawashima's but there are obviously more that come to mind.

Ah yeah, we 'sort of' have this covered. At the moment most names are in the DB in their European title, some others have crept in tho. The problem is that many Japanese titles don't translate to English very well. In the future the title from each of the three major regions will be available and the corresponding release date for said title will be linked to it (for most games we have 3 release dates in the DB although at the moment end users only see one date). If you remember the registration page we asked you for your region, well that is what that is for.

Does that make sense? Basically we have the framework in place to cover this, but it wont happen until a while later.

If there are games missing from systems that have already been added feel free to let me know here or at MGA and I'll get them added, we are working on a 'report' feature to make this process easier from within the site itself.

Just add this to your database:

Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2 - May 17, 2007

Dev: Inis Pub: Nintendo

And I'm happy.

Edit: and although not officially a game if you can add Metroid prime hunters: first hunt/ although some could argue its just a demo, I still have it in my library.

And maybe Rhythm Tengoku for the GBA too? =)

Unless it's there under a different name or something, haha.

Just add this to your database:

Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2 - May 17, 2007

Dev: Inis Pub: Nintendo

And I'm happy.

Done - Although I had to shorted the title a bit - I'll ask Fxn to have a look at that.

And maybe Rhythm Tengoku for the GBA too? =)

Unless it's there under a different name or something, haha.

Done

Edit: and although not officially a game if you can add Metroid prime hunters: first hunt/ although some could argue its just a demo, I still have it in my library.

Done : peace:

Just had a little look and it all seems very nice. A bit too simple for me but sound execution of the idea imo.

If you're going to try and add more info to each game be aware that without a LOT of users it will take an incredible amount of time to get much stuff on there. I tried it with IGDB (Latest design) and even a few years on its pretty bare for most titles.

Still it helped me massively in getting my current job (the reason why it's still half finished). If you guys can keep up the good work then no doubt this will do very well for you.

Hi guys, sorry for the big bump but just wanted to let you all know that we have added the individual game areas!

It has pretty much only just gone live so we need some testing and feedback please......most of you have only ever logged on once haha.

If you find any bugs, please submit them to the feedback form.

Cheers, Ollie :)

In case you forgot to bookmark it last time ;) - http://www.mygamearchive.com

Just wondering, what kind of descriptions are the "descriptions" for? Do you want people to put their own reviews and stuff there?

Just wondering, what kind of descriptions are the "descriptions" for? Do you want people to put their own reviews and stuff there?

Well for this release we were hoping that descriptions would be populated with the sort of text you might read on the back of the box.

We will have a specific reviews area soon. But that is also why there is a voting system. Users can decide what should be shown, same with the box art.

Obviously this highlights the point that it isn't clear, so I'll get on that tonight :)