NEurope
Ollie

Beta testers needed - MGA!

Will we be notified if our ideas are implemented?

Or atleast some sort of thanks?

Yes, Fxn posted this morning the changes that he made last night, it is on the dev blog on the front page.......we can't give thanks to individuals as the feedback form is annonymous :smile:

Yes, Fxn posted this morning the changes that he made last night, it is on the dev blog on the front page.......we can't give thanks to individuals as the feedback form is annonymous :smile:

Thats silly really.

If you start getting spammed what happens then?

Looking good at the moment. Do you think you could allow us to remove games from our Owned list?

EDIT: Never mind, worked it out. Getting to your own game list could be made a little bit more intuitive and logical, it's a hassle having to go to your profile to do so.

Thats silly really.

Adding a name or e-mail in wouldn't make a difference to spamming ability?

You'd implement verification image codes, log IPs, etc.

I put my name on there. :D

I went in, added a few games, seems pretty good. I agree presentation could be a bit better. Or bigger avatars :D

Signed up as well. Do agree though that the design itself isn't that great, but apart from that, looks good.

Added a lot of games already, though I do miss the N64 on there.

It just needs more consoles and PC.

This gives me will to keep developing my Online Tournament website.

Would it be possible for the system to ignore all ratings of "0"?

I agree with this, I was gonna say it but forgot.

I too have signed up for the cause. Will have a mess around with it

Thats silly really.

I'm not sure but I think we can just go on the server and ban IP's if we have too.

Looking good at the moment. Do you think you could allow us to remove games from our Owned list?

EDIT: Never mind, worked it out. Getting to your own game list could be made a little bit more intuitive and logical, it's a hassle having to go to your profile to do so.

I will fix both of these to make it more intuitive, should be done tonight.

I went in, added a few games, seems pretty good. I agree presentation could be a bit better. Or bigger avatars :D

We have discussed the avatar/profile personalisation ideas but haven't agreed anything yet

Signed up as well. Do agree though that the design itself isn't that great, but apart from that, looks good.

Added a lot of games already, though I do miss the N64 on there.

I'll be adding N64 and Dreamcast tonight. :yay:

Would it be possible for the system to ignore all ratings of "0"?

I just text Fxn and he said this was a quick fix he meant to do earlier and will do it tonight and upload it once he can get online.

It just needs more consoles and PC.

This gives me will to keep developing my Online Tournament website.

Do it man, sometimes it gets tough and/or boring but sticking with it is worth it!

All of you, many thanks for your continued support and feedback! With regards to design, without being specific, could you tell me more about the design that you don't like? Maybe the logo, or the colours or the fonts etc?

I'm going to mock up a new design based on feedback, I'll get it live as soon as I can but need something to work from :smile:

Actually it isn't a place holder. In terms of design, this is the biggest thing I have ever done and have had to learn a lot as I go along. I definately have ideas in my head for what I would like it to look like and I certainly have aspirations for the design. I made 2 decisions before I started, first was that I wanted it to be a 'full width' site (which in hindsight has made life so much harder) and second, that I wanted it be simple. I have managed both of those things, and I can appreciate that it wont be to everyones tastes.

But moving forwards this is going to be a community driven site and if users hate the design, the design will change, of course we can't please everyone :wtf:

We will monitor all feedback carefully and see what happens....i'll put your feedback in the 'dislikes design' pile :heh:

Thanks for your feedback tho, right now the most important thing is that users like the idea and that it is easy to use, we need to get users and keep them!

*awkwardly scratches the back of head in the way anime characters do all the time*

I didn't mean to sound overly critical. Obviously the backend stuff all needs sorting out. Its a complex site which looks like its fantastic (I shall sign up but not when im procrastinating from uni work ;)) and I have a lot of respect for you putting all this effort in, and obviously the system itself needs to be working first. Im just a shallow bastard :p

I'll have a go too! ^^;

ninja edit: i cannot believe raining_again is in use.. What kind of craziness is this?!

edit2: So it appears to not like symbols in any form. But symbols are win :(

*awkwardly scratches the back of head in the way anime characters do all the time*

I didn't mean to sound overly critical. Obviously the backend stuff all needs sorting out. Its a complex site which looks like its fantastic (I shall sign up but not when im procrastinating from uni work ;)) and I have a lot of respect for you putting all this effort in, and obviously the system itself needs to be working first. Im just a shallow bastard :p

Sorry I didn't mean to sound snappy either, I have a bad habit of not being to type with emotion lol. I knew there was always the chance people would not like the design and that is fine, I just got to work out how to make it better!

I'll have a go too! ^^;

ninja edit: i cannot believe raining_again is in use.. What kind of craziness is this?!

edit2: So it appears to not like symbols in any form. But symbols are win :(

Yeah I'm really sorry about the weird username thing, we have had a few problems with that but once we fix if anyone wants their username changed will do no problem!

Yeah I'm really sorry about the weird username thing, we have had a few problems with that but once we fix if anyone wants their username changed will do no problem!

Nonono its not really an issue (not for me anyway) ^^; Think a wee message saying what can and cant be used would be cool, cause I was getting a tad confused, heh. :D

I like the design, the red and white is nice colour choice, maybe just add a bit more to it. The fonts and design on the rest of the site (links text etc) is quite simple but I like it that way tbh! Simplicity is awesome. Maybe a banner thats a tad bigger or a little bit more colour would be superb. :smile:

I hope you don't see it as criticism, because I could not even imagine trying to build a website like this and I consider myself relatively PC and programming savvy! Props to you guys for getting it going and having such commitment!

I think the header section just needs a solid area of colour maybe with an inner bevel or some other basic image editing style. But if the header section was just coloured in full red it would still be an improvement. But added all 26 of my Cube games, and then couldn't believe I had 26.

Would it be possible to have it so that next to the banner image it says "[Your username]'s collection" Just to add that touch of personality to it. And it would be really fancy if it knew what console you had the most games of and changed it to that.

I'd imagine both are technically possible, but the first would probably be easier.

Also. Will each game have a 'page'. Even if you put nothing on there (user generate content within certain criteria (name, console, genre, multiplayer etc?) perhaps?) it could be a way of finding people with that game. So rather than thinking "Hmm I wonder if Fred has Mario Kart too?" and having to check for Fred's profile you could click Mario Kart from your profile and it lists all the members who have that game. Maybe even a 'My Friends' section first so that it lists all your friends with that game, and then everyone else.

Oh and what about a 'my game compatability'? Like last.fm reccomends friends based on music compatability.

As I say, these may be implimented/already discussed/too advanced for now but just throwing some ideas out there :)

Nonono its not really an issue (not for me anyway) ^^; Think a wee message saying what can and cant be used would be cool, cause I was getting a tad confused, heh. :D

I hope you don't see it as criticism, because I could not even imagine trying to build a website like this and I consider myself relatively PC and programming savvy! Props to you guys for getting it going and having such commitment!

If you ever want it changed just drop me a note :) There are loads of places that need instructions, people keep asking questions that I think are simple things but of course, I built the site, which is why this feedback is so important to us.

And no I don't see any of what you have written as criticism, it's all feedback and it is all lovely lovely and very much needed!

I think the header section just needs a solid area of colour maybe with an inner bevel or some other basic image editing style. But if the header section was just coloured in full red it would still be an improvement. But added all 26 of my Cube games, and then couldn't believe I had 26.

Hehe that happened to me too! we are going to put some totals on peoples profile as well, it is in the todo list!

Would it be possible to have it so that next to the banner image it says "[Your username]'s collection" Just to add that touch of personality to it. And it would be really fancy if it knew what console you had the most games of and changed it to that.

I'd imagine both are technically possible, but the first would probably be easier.

Also. Will each game have a 'page'. Even if you put nothing on there (user generate content within certain criteria (name, console, genre, multiplayer etc?) perhaps?) it could be a way of finding people with that game. So rather than thinking "Hmm I wonder if Fred has Mario Kart too?" and having to check for Fred's profile you could click Mario Kart from your profile and it lists all the members who have that game. Maybe even a 'My Friends' section first so that it lists all your friends with that game, and then everyone else.

Oh and what about a 'my game compatability'? Like last.fm reccomends friends based on music compatability.

As I say, these may be implimented/already discussed/too advanced for now but just throwing some ideas out there :)

OMG, have you hacked our database or something, we are working on almost exactly what you have just said at this exact moment!!! It was supposed to be a big surprise :P

That should be live by the weekend if all goes to plan and will also answers Cube's earlier question about just browsing for games rather than searching.

Each game will have it's own page, on that page will be box art, information, screenshots, discussion boards, clans, lots and lots of user created information and will make up the bulk of the data on the site.

I really want to do the 'if you like this, you'll love this' thing, and it is on the to do list, but I think we had kind of decided to leave it out from the initial releases as we wanted to see how the community would respond to everything else first.

EDIT - Just added N64 games to the DB, Dreamcast to follow shortly.

Each game will have it's own page, on that page will be box art, information, screenshots, discussion boards, clans, lots and lots of user created information and will make up the bulk of the data on the site.

That sounds fantastic :)

If you ever want it changed just drop me a note :) There are loads of places that need instructions, people keep asking questions that I think are simple things but of course, I built the site, which is why this feedback is so important to us.

And no I don't see any of what you have written as criticism, it's all feedback and it is all lovely lovely and very much needed!

Good.

I have had a wee play around with it and I really like the functionality, how you can very simply add in your games (the search feature is pretty damn good imo) and the edit screen popping up is super efficient! :yay:

FAQ page would be a good idea. But thats always easy enough to add in later, and as the thread title says its a beta =)

Bloody good beta. I don't think I've really come across any functional difficulty whatsoever! ^^;

Also; yeah I can understand that it is very hard to see it from the users opinion when you've seen the inner workings.

I signed up and added a few things. I shouldn't of though, somehow by doing this I was searching for my old IGN profile and I came across http://www.oursitexl.com/ which has a history of some forums I was on and I can see all my old posts and login and everything! Crazy!!

Whoah I'm blown away by how great you guys are! Just finished going through all the feedback and your comments again!

Have fixed a bunch of stuff you guys requested again so have a lookie loo on the site as i have added all the stuff in dev tracker on homepage again.

Thank you again for all the comments/feedback both which have been constructive and encouraging, keep them coming and hope your having fun using the site.

Think Ollie may have been slightly optimistic about getting the new big features we have planned done by the weekend but we are working very hard on them as we think they will make the site so much better than it currently is.

Anyhoo I got PHP coming out of my ears again so need sleep

.FxN.