NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

Rey won the Rumble in 2006. In 2005 it was Batista (before he was a main-eventer)

Anyway, it's a shame about Victoria. She's quite underrated.

And as for my picks at the rumble...I'd say Edge or Randy Orton...But honestly, anything can happen (and I like to keep that mentality)

Anyone catch TNA Genesis last night?

Awesome show bar the last 2 matches. Great X Division title match and womens match.

Another epic between Angle and Jarrett.

Didn't see it, but Angles matches are usually always good. Last i saw was at a main event where he had a no DQ match with someone. Was pretty cool, went fighting through the whole crowd, Angle did a moonsault off the stage then they went through two walls of the stage and ended on some scaffolding through a table.

Still, all of that and i was more exited when Edge speared Jeff throughthe announce table in the triple-threat match a few weeks back. You cant underestimate the power of the quality superstars.

Ah crap i just realised Wrestlemania is April 5th and I go on Holiday April 2nd.... for some reason I thought it was at the end of March, damnit... I'll be in the Philippines and they get their WWE events two weeks after it took place, damnit, ah well, guess I'll save the 22 euro for this year then :heh:

I also got a feeling they are gonna set up Shelton Benjermin to try end Takers streak this year... and i doubt he'd be the one to do it, of the people we've had in the last few years, Orton, Batista, Edge, all of whom seemed pretty convincing that they could be "the one" to beat Taker at Mania, especially Edge last year, my god his promos and build up scared me. haha. So if it does end up Taker vs Shelton I guess it won't be a major loss that I miss this one... unless by some stroke of insanity they decide to put Shelton in the history books, which I doubt will happen... least not by beating Taker at Mania

So if it does end up Taker vs Shelton I guess it won't be a major loss that I miss this one... unless by some stroke of insanity they decide to put Shelton in the history books, which I doubt will happen... least not by beating Taker at Mania

If Undertaker ever loses at Wrestlemania I will eat my hat. If he loses to Shelton Benjomin I will chop off my manhood and eat that. For Realz...

Never did like Taker so i would actually like it if he lost. I'm getting bored of his undefeated Mania recored =/

Sorry Franklin, i know he's your favourite, but hey, it would be good if he finally lost wouldn't it?

I'd prefer someone better than Shelton to end Taker's undefeated streak (if he wants to be defeated that is, or if he wants to retire undefeated who knows). I'd be dissapointed if Shelton Benjimin was the one to end it.

Never did like Taker so i would actually like it if he lost. I'm getting bored of his undefeated Mania recored =/

Sorry Franklin, i know he's your favourite, but hey, it would be good if he finally lost wouldn't it?

Good? Good? No, it would be so bad the universe would begin to collapse on itself should that ever happen :heh:

Maybe I wouldn't mind as much if he was getting proper credit when it came to World Titles. It's criminal when you look at the title reigns he's been given. For a superstar of his calibur having been in the WWE for near on a lifetime it seems, and only being a 6 time world champion with the longest of those only lasting just over 4 months, one other just over 2 months and the other 4 little over (or under) a month, (When most title reigns these days seem to just go one forever) I think a total undefeated Mania record is deserved as a replacement for this

Hell Brock (Here comes the boredom) Lesner who was in the WWE considerably short and no where near as entertaining as Taker while only being Champ 3 times, when you add up all the days they were both Champions, Taker has been Champ for 305 days in 6 title reigns where Lesner was Champ total of 355 days in his 3 reigns. And even John Cena was Champ for more days in just ONE of his title reigns when he held the WWE title for 380 days and only lost it cuz he was injured. Now that's unbalanced. :heh:

If your wondering, I wiki'ed for the day figures :heh:

Taker is crap and hasn't had a good match since Wrestlemania X7 with HHH. He should never have come back at Mania 20. His gimmick is laughable and should have died with the 90's. At least "The American Badass" had some redeeming features now he's a fat, old, joke who........

can't wrestle.

Taker is crap and hasn't had a good match since Wrestlemania X7 with HHH. He should never have come back at Mania 20. His gimmick is laughable and should have died with the 90's. At least "The American Badass" had some redeeming features now he's a fat, old, joke who........

can't wrestle.

Well, you are entitled to your own opinion. But as a Taker fan, i still believe he has the capability of one maybe 2 more title reigns before retiring. He can still wrestle a damn good match. His match against Kurt Angle for the World Title back at No Way Out in 2006 was an amazing match.

can't wrestle.

Glad someone agrees. Well, i dont hate him or anything, i just think the whole Taker thing has run its course. He has no personality, only that he is supposedly evil. Sure, he has some great moves, but its not enough. To be a champion and reign for a while you need to entertain in and out of the ring, and i think Taker has lost the out-of-ring presence. Same with Kane really, they are only still around for the old fans.

At least thats my opinion. They have alot of fans so i guess the WWE meets everyone in the middle, letting them wrestle for the fans but keeping them from the titles where more exciting superstars can excel.

Just about to watch Smackdown but i was checking i had it all by skipping to the end and saw something awesome that has spoilt it for me...

..... Jeff getting caught in the stage fireworks?! Damn, that looked awesome and pretty deadly. I hope he's okay (though im sure he is).

Takers current problem I feel is they rarely put him in feuds with people that can match the giantness of his gimmick the other person can rarely do much either in the ring or in promos against him. Plus storyline wise things have been weak (overall)

Last few years with people like Orton, Edge and Batista did well feuding with him, Orton especailly, while I would hope Taker never loses at Mania, had he lost to Orton I would have felt it would have seemed almost ok for Orton to get that honor. Few years back he had a good feud with Angle too, they could have had a good Mania feud and Angle would be prolly my fav for a person to be the one to take his record, if it had to happen.

Going back further, feuds with Mark Henry, Great Kali, Big Show, Heidenrick (what happened to him) were boring as hell, because those guys aren't that great (though I like Heidenrick after his Taker feud when he turned face and tagged with Road Warrior Animal).

Unfortunately maybe the writers just can't figure out what to do with him? I mean at the moment like I said before it looks like they are setting up a feud with Shelton Benjermin which seems poor, Shelton is no where near capable of convincingly feuding with Taker, I'd rather see Shelton in the Money in the Bank match again, he puts on a good performance in those.

I think they should have Taker feud with Boogieman, who like Taker seems to be another character whose gimmick has been set to such a place writers don't know what to do with him. I say have those two feud, it could prove interesting.

Other than that, I'd like to see Taker feud with either Orton, JBL or possibly Triple H again.

Exactly! He needs better stoylines and good feuds before i start liking him. At the moment he just wins all the time and acts evil and its boooooring.

I had to add this in...

How awesome is Jeff to do something like this? Legend, absolute legend. It worries me though as all these accidents seem to be a setup for Christian returning at the rumble, probably interfering to cause Jeff to lost his title. I'll be so pissed if that happens, but i can just see it coming so they can have a Jeff/Christian rivalry. Grrr! Please dont lose Jeff!

So who's going to win the rumble then?

Before Raw I would have said Orton hands down but I think he will end up fighting McMahon at Wrestlemania in some kind of "Ultimate Legend Killer" storyline. Now I can only see 2 possible winners..

Shawn Michaels: If JBL beats Cena, then Micheals will win the rumble, I'd put my house on it.

Christian: Returns and wins, revealing himself as the attacker of Jeff Hardy and setting up a match at Mania with either Hardy or Edge, depending on who wins in their match.

What do you guys think?

This rumble is shaping up to be interesting.

Cena/JBL will be interesting because Cena isn't the center of Raw anymore, and JBL is involved in a very interesting storyline.

Hardy/Edge is starting to get unpredictable, as Edge has been on fire, and Jeff is being a hell of an underdog.

Matt/Swagger will be cool, because I've never seen Swagger in action properly.

And the Royal Rumble is unpredictable in itself. I seriously have no idea on who is gonna win this.

Its going to be awesome.

I too had pegged Randy as the winner, but you're theory about HBK is interesting and sounds feasible. Is he definitely in the rumble?

I wouldn't mind the other possibility of Christian winning. Its certainly better than my worst thought of him interfering in Jeff and Edge's match and causing Jeff to lose. That would be lame. His first title defence and he gets screwed over? Not only that but he has a new rivalry and cant challenge for a rematch? Not on, i really hope this doesn't happen. They seem to be selling alot of Jeff merchandise looking at the crowd so if they know whats good for them they wont dethrone him yet!

I think it was Franklin than had the thought that Matt could win the rumble. Set up a Hardy vs. Hardy Wrestlemania, but this seems more unlikely then the other scenarios.

I picked Kane to win in a work sweepstake. He wont win, wish i got to pick again :(

I'm looking forward to this (must remember to order it later, haha) I just happen to have no work tomorrow so I can stay up and watch it live... been ages since i could do that.

I was just thinking in line with my thinking Matt could win it, what if Matt is also the one behind the "incidents" in one big twist... surely the WWE would be aware many fans are expecting it to be the returning Christian, who's to say because of this they are actually planing something else.... wishful thinking maybe, but slightly plausable.

I can see Christian returning in the Rumble but I don't think he'll win it, i can't see him being thrown into a Rumble win after being away so long and having been working at TNA... though I would like to be wrong, just a thought, reverse of my Hardy vs Hardy idea, what if Edge beats Jeff and Christian wins the Rumble?

The idea of HBK winning is interesting too, especially if JBL wins the title... but I think JBL "banned" Shawn from entering the Rumble so he could concentrate on JBL's match (even though the Rumble would be after the match)

Of course idealy I would like to see Taker win it again, haha, but I don't see him winning it twice in the space of 3 years.

I actually would like to see Kane win too cuz he's been needing a good push for ages.

But I'm actually starting to think given the current goings on, on Smackdown, I think Triple H might be the one to watch at this years Rumble.

It would surprise people if Michaels won the Rumble. Because his match against Cena nearly two weeks ago was billed as being his "WrestleMania". But maybe that could be a red herring thrown our way.

It will be interesting to find out what happens...when I look on the WWE website tomorrow. :nono:

I just cant see Christian as a WWE title challenger. Then again, the same could be said about Jeff a few months back.

Either way, i hope they suprise us. Theres alot of theories so one of them might be true, but the fact were even guessing is a good sign.

I just cant see Christian as a WWE title challenger.

I do, I was always disappointed Edge was the one getting the push while Christian was left on the mid card. I felt he was amazingly under used on WWE before he left, and seeing him perform on TNA I felt showed he could be the top Champ on a show, hell he was the only reason I started to watch TNA (before Kurt joined them of course)

I think the Rock may win this year, or maybe X-pac.......im still a few years behind arent i?

Quite a few years i think, nearly 6 years.

My Rumble winner prediction could be one of the following. Christian (thats if he returns at the Rumble and enters), Undertaker, Triple H or Randy Orton.

Im just looking on getting some of the older PPVs on dvd. I had loads on VHS but I got rid of them a few years ago.

Anyway im finding PPVs on DVD from before 2003 (when I watched) pretty hard to come across.