NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

This WrestleMania may go down as one of the greatest ever. From the first match of night 1 to the main event last night, I think it was almost perfect. Perfect in a WrestleMania should be this way. WrestleMania has always been the culmination of stories. In the past we’ve had some where it just didn’t seem to finish anything and you get the same story continuing. Well it seems that the new direction is exactly how it should be going. 

Spoiler

I actually think I called like 95% of the results. The only one I didn’t get right was the tag titles match, however as soon as I heard that both sets of titles had to be retrieved and they weren’t placed together, I knew they were splitting them up.  Still didn’t call the winners though. I thought DIY was gonna win and Judgement Day would retain the others.  

I thought Becky may win but just felt that Rhea is just on too much of a roll right now. Jey was always going to beat Jimmy, that was an easy call. Damage control had to lose as they were up against Jade Cargill making her WM debut, knew shed get the fall there.

The only one I was unsure on was Sami vs Gunther. That could have easily gone ether way, what with WWE having a PLE in Germany in the near future. But damn I was pleased Sami won. 

I wanted Drew to win and did think he would, but I was also calling a cash in too. It just seemed that it had gone quiet with that and it seemed like a perfect moment to do it with the interweaving stories with Drew and Priest. Just hated that it was Punk that instigated it. I just don't like the guy.

As much as I don't like Logan Paul, I didn't see him losing. With the whole new Prime sponsoring stuff and it being a triple threat, I knew there was going to be some screwy finish for him to keep it. Oh well, his time will come to lose it.

Bayley...oh Bayley. This story started last year at SummerSlam and it just felt like that perfect end. I didn't think this was the end they were going for, I truly thought Bayley would challenge Rhea and Damage Control would have all the gold, however this was just the better story. Plus it means we get to chant our favourite Bayley chant when she is over here and she can enjoy it and not have to act heel towards it.

The Main event. I actually called both, once the tag match was set to determine the rules, I'm sure everyone knew it was going to be Bloodline Rules, just to make it harder for Cody. I even called Cody being pinned by The Rock. Everyone knew there would be all the Bloodline getting involved but I doubt anyone would have guessed at the two that came down in that match. Cena and The undertaker making and appearance and both having a spot with The Rock too. Just amazing moment. then it finished as it should have. It's been a year long story, mixed into a 3+ year long story. This could very well be one of, if not the best storyline in wrestling this century, possibly since the Austin McMahon stuff. Either way people will. be taking about Romans reign for a long  time to come. did it go on too long? Maybe. Has there been matches where it could have ended just as well? Yes. Was this is final chapter it needed, I think so.

One last point, and it's one that a lot of people also agree with, and is actually getting praise and recognition for. Samantha Irvin. the best ring announcer in a long time. Even Cole took a moment to say how great she was after she did the announcements for Saturdays main event. But to me, these  clips just show how much she loves what she does and is probably a big a fan as anyone.

Rhea Ripley winning.

Announcing new IC champ, you could hear this live when she did it.

To be able to hold back that emotion and still make the call. But to feel that coming through just added so much more to the wins.

So much passion and love shown in those few clips. 

Not for getting NXT Stand and Deliver which was also a great show from top to bottom.

• Like 1

Have to admit, that was a very solid Wrestlemania.  It's up there (for me) as one of the best Mania's in a long time.  First one i stayed up to watch live, kind of wish i booked the day off work yesterday to sleep afterwards.

I just can't understand why AEW decided to show the footage of CM Punk and Jack Perry. No matter what it showed it just makes Tony Khan look pretty and pathetic. We all know CM Punk is a dick and all the video did was show what we'd already been told. There was no big revelation that made him seem worse.

• Like 3

Yeah, i'll agree that the footage wasn't needed to be shown.  I've no idea why they needed to show it either, lot of people have left the situation in the past.  If anything, they should have released a statement after the CM Punk interview as a better way of dealing with the situation.  Or do nothing, that would have worked as well.

• Like 1

Yes, that was the first time I’d ever watched AEW and that CM Punk video seemed ultimately pointless. It didn’t achieve anything. Other then that I enjoyed the show though and thought the match between Edge and Penta El was pretty good

Yeah, the Penta - Adam Copeland match was pretty good overall.  The Swerve/Samoa Joe rivalry is getting more and more interesting as time goes on, hopefully Swerve wins the big one as he's pretty hot right now.

Started watching RAW/Smackdown again since Wrestlemania (have TNT Sports as part of my EE phone).  How many adverts does the show need to have, probably close to an hours worth of ads with about 80 minutes of actual wrestling

4 hours ago, Jimbob said:

Started watching RAW/Smackdown again since Wrestlemania (have TNT Sports as part of my EE phone).  How many adverts does the show need to have, probably close to an hours worth of ads with about 80 minutes of actual wrestling

Just remember it’s American television. They have a lot more ads per hour than we do. But yeah when I watch RAW I can get through it in around 2 hours by fast forwarding all the ads and even more if you do the same for recaps and stuff (though they seem a lot less than in the past).

Also love the new World Tag Titles, I expected the change to go inline with the men’s and women’s belts on RAW being named World too. Guess we’ll be seeing new WWE Tag Team belts on smackdown Friday. 

• Like 1

The WWF Attitude Super Bowl commercial from 1999, randomly popped into my head this morning so I found it on YouTube to see it again. This video also shows some of the behind the scenes stuff that went into making it as well.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Haha 1