NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

6 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Anyone else watch WrestleMania. Possibly one of the best in recent years even with a couple of wrong depictions in my opinion. 

Night 1 was the better night.  Someone compared it to Night 1 run under Trips, Night 2 under Vince.

Wasn't a bad show overall, like you said, there were some definite wrong results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Saw this today too, they are not exactly merging it with UFC. It's more that the two brands will be run under the Endeavour company, from that I've read anyway. As of now it seems that its business as normal and no major changes to how things are being run though.

Yeah I did think about writing it a different way but that was how the article I read described it.

55 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Anyone else watch WrestleMania.

Only ever saw clips of Shane tearing his quad then Snoop Dogg punching the Miz. Thats all.

On 10/2/2022 at 7:57 PM, martinist said:

Never really watched any NJPW myself 

Is that the league where the dude was fighting with his penis?

1 hour ago, martinist said:

New Japan Pro Wrestling? I dunno, like i said I never saw it.

We all agree this is what the WWE is sorely lacking and needs to rectify the situation.

• Haha 2

Sometimes you just need some silly moments in wrestling. Case in point Sami Zayn vs Johnny Knoxville at last years WrestleMania. 

I agree.  Wrestling needs stories and variety.  Great wrestling is important of course, but seeing just great wrestling matches with no story one after another gets a little stale.

Some light-hearted was sprinkled in can help and provide amusement, when done right of course (and wrestling of course has more than it’s fair share of cringe over funny moments).

I thought Wrestlemania was a really fun weekend.  Night 1 was so much better overall than night 2, which had some good matches, whereas Night 1 had solid and fun matches and stories throughout I thought.

I’m now very jealous of my sister, who has just secured tickets to AEW at Wembley in August.  I fully expect them to go all out (excuse the pun) on making their first stadium ppv an exciting event.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WackerJr said:

I’m now very jealous of my sister, who has just secured tickets to AEW at Wembley in August.  I fully expect them to go all out (excuse the pun) on making their first stadium ppv an exciting event.

I don't follow AEW nor cold I get into it, but seeing the numbers coming out for the show is great news for wrestling. They are reportedly up to 70,000 tickets sold for the event now, and it's looking like it could pass SummerSlam 92 attendance. 

WWE is doing great numbers all around too, the European tour has been rely much sell out shows each day and this the Smackdown and Backlash in Puerto Rico have been sell outs too. This is a great time for wrestling and I hope the AEW show in Wembley will show WWE that it can be done there again and people will sell it out. They just need to not price it like Clash at the Castle, as those prices were terrible. AEW seems to be like a couple hundred max, not including special tickets.

• Like 1

Sad news on both accounts but Wyatt’s kinda hit harder. 
I had read that he had been cleared and was due to make a return soon. 

• Sad 1

Apparently he’s had heart issues but was getting better then got Covid which put a strain on everything then he finally had a heart attack this week. 

• Sad 3

I see that CM Punk crawled back to the WWE. I knew this would happen eventually. The guy has no integrity and is all about the money, despite what he says. I don't watch it anymore but I'll be keeping an eye out to see if he causes any issues like he did over at AEW. Apparently there are already a few wrestlers that aren't happy he's been signed back up.

• Like 1

I think they're crazy to have him back. Things seem to finally be calming down again there with Vince being pushed out of creative and they bring in someone like Punk who will always only cause trouble. You get all these people going on about its all about the business but the fact is with their shitty Saudi deal they don't need it.

• Like 1

I'll give WWE credit for keeping Punk coming back pretty quiet.  But looking at his recent AEW run, he caused a lot of issues with talent there.  To the point he had to have a separate show created just for him and those willing to work with him on his last run.

There are certainly talent and backstage personnel not happy to see Punk back on the roster, we know Seth Rollins and Drew McIntyre are two such talents who have issues with CM Punk, and no doubt there's plenty of others.  Will be interesting to see how things pan out over the weeks and months.  Hopefully WWE can keep Punk under control, i'm guessing he's on a "one last chance" kind of deal.

• Like 1

I didn’t need to see him back, in fact I’ve never seen the appeal of him. Always seemed like another standard guy to me. Nothing really stood out. Half of it was probably for the Chicago pop to have him return there. 
It will be interesting to see what happens though. I’ve seen people say WWE will be better equipped to keep him under control. Maybe they’ve told him one mistake and you’re gone. Either way I couldn’t care less what happens to him. 

At least the programming is going great. The Survivor Series War Games matches were fun and had a lot of stories interwoven in them. 

I think CM Punk returning to WWE when he did was like how Brock Lesnar basically did the same thing back in 2012.

Its happening! Major RAW and potential WrestleMania spoilers

Spoiler

It's happening, A couple months ago The Rock made a surprise appearance on Smackdown. Talked Smack and beat up on Austin Theory. Well at Raw Day 1 he made another surprise appearance and it was more than just a one off again. 

The Whole segment is great, even Rock making fun of one of his one films, but if you just want to skip to the part that counts, skip to 19:40 mark.

So, big news just out.

Netflix just secured the rights to WWE RAW.  And outside the US, all WWE programming.  Link here.

• Like 1

It's something that might actually get me to watch the occassional WWE broadcast again. I didn't particularly want to give them money for the Network but if I'm already paying for Netflix and it's there then I might tune in. Let's see how long that sticks though when I see the quality. By 2025 Logan Paul will probably be World Champion :angry:

2 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I'm not sure I understand the head of the table thing, what did I miss

The Rock vs Roman Reigns being teased.

53 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The Rock vs Roman Reigns being teased.

Was that Roman's catchphrase/moniker ?

15 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Was that Roman's catchphrase/moniker ?

No idea. I've not watched it in years. :D