NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

Looks like Tampa are strongly advising large events like Wrestlemania to be postponed. Of course the WWE is “taking it under advisement”.

Saw some of the empty arena segments from Smackdown. Bizarre, just totally bizarre. 

Wrestlemania 36 live at the WWE Performance Center.  It'll be a weird Mania this year with no crowd.

• Like 1

It's going to be really weird. I can't quite imagine a wrestling event without a crowd, especially something like Wrestlemania. Actually quite excited to watch such a weird event.

11 hours ago, Dog-amoto said:

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/article/wrestlemania-36-statement

No surprise really. Didn’t cancel a show after a wrestler falls to his death so this should shock no one. 

Well technically they have done the best they could. I can’t see how they could completely cancel the show as in not do it. It would mess up their scheduling. Having all their shows now at the performance centre seems to be the best policy. 

It is going to be so strange watching it from there though. The Smackdown was strange enough in front of no fans but this will be something else. And so many big names that I guess wouldn’t normally wrestle in front of no one. Imagine Brock or Taker wrestling in front of no fans. Going to be interesting to see how this unfolds. Could actually get some decent wrestling matches instead of just big name matches. 

Fair play to the WWE for carrying on. People need entertainment. I'm going to subscribe to the Network for Wrestlemania. Will certainly be weird.

• Like 2

Don't follow WWE much and begind again with AEW but my mate told me about this; surreal amusing:

• Haha 1

Only just seen the tag team match from AEW: Revolution. Amazing.

edit: just up to starting last week's show now; looking forward to this weeks without the crowd...👀

• Like 2

This should be an interesting watch given how little it’s been talked about over the years.

• Thanks 2

For some reason VICE have blocked the Benoit documentary here in the UK. Someone has uploaded the first part to Youtube though.

Grab it while you can. Watching it now.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

For some reason VICE have blocked the Benoit documentary here in the UK. Someone has uploaded the first part to Youtube though.

Grab it while you can. Watching it now.

I think it's because All4 have deals with Vice and their some of their content for the UK just talking to my other wrestling mate so it should get on there eventually. Never watched any of the series but will poss check out Benoit then some of the others.

• Thanks 1

Fantastic viewing. I had tears in my eyes a couple of times while watching it. I was surprised to see it was as much about Eddie as it was Benoit.

Oh man that was hard to watch, especially Chavo and Vicky speaking about Eddie. 

I still remember both their deaths like it was yesterday. 

Thanks for sharing.

Another fantastic watch that had a very touching ending. I loved hearing Jericho speak about the whole thing and massive respect to him for bringing the family together again.

I’m just making my way through the first part now. Heartbreaking watching Chavo talking about finding Eddie.

• Sad 1

Absolutely amazing. Much harder in places than I expected; wrapped quite well though.

So tonight and tomorrow is WrestleMania. What a bizarre time & it still feels strange and wrong to me that this is even happening.  I understand the desire to give people at home respite for a few hours from the challenges of the world right now, but the product has suffered lately as a result, and I don’t feel it’s worth risking the wrestlers and staff there to do so.

Saying all that, since it has all been recorded and can’t be changed now, I wonder what they’ll do technically to make this event seem big and not just remind people that there’s no crowd.

Not really a spoiler in that it doesn’t give away a match result, but I’ll tag it anyway so it doesn’t spoil a moment in the Boneyard Match.

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Even though it is Wrestlemania, it doesn't feel like a Wrestlemania.  No 80,000 fans in attendance, no epic Wrestlemania entrances.  It was good to watch, but WWE should seriously consider an off-season for a while whilst the world sorts itself out.  Most other sporting events have done so, and i believe a break might refresh creative a bit as the product hasn't been ideal in recent times.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think I agree with that. For me, it was some mix of the best/worst/strangest wrestling I've ever seen, but I'm not sure in which order or to what extent of each. It was definitely better than the recent stuff in the performance centre but I'm not sure how much longer they can keep this up for.

• Like 1

I caught a fraction of an episode once when they had no audience. It was like it was a practice session in an episode of Glow. 

On 07/04/2020 at 3:29 PM, will' said:

Yeah, I think I agree with that. For me, it was some mix of the best/worst/strangest wrestling I've ever seen, but I'm not sure in which order or to what extent of each. It was definitely better than the recent stuff in the performance centre but I'm not sure how much longer they can keep this up for.

Yep, thirded!  It was definitely better than the recent TV tapings and I guess the company & talents are trying to find the best way to present the matches when there’s no audience or atmosphere.  I like it when they can convey their character throughout the match & constantly talking.  The likes of Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins, Charlotte, Ziggler, Asuka & Alexa Bliss I thought all did this especially well.

WrestleMania for me is big on the ‘pomp & circumstance’ which sadly due to the situation, this was sorely lacking.

Still, at least we got to experience that Boneyard match!