Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

Recommended Posts

All Elite Wrestling Announced

s52nxi5drr721.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

(Stolen from Era)

This from the same group behind "All In" back in September. Cody Rhodes and the Young Bucks. The money backing is coming from Tony Khan, whose father is one of the richest men in the country and owns the Jacksonville Jaguars and Fullham FC.

Multiple offers have been made for TV deals, but none have been signed yet. The current expectation is that they will start airing weekly TV later this year.

They are throwing around significant money and multi-year deals to secure talent, and already have guys under contract that haven't been revealed yet.

More will be revealed next week at a press conference in Jacksonville

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Japan have just announced a London show for 31st August this year. Gonna have to get some tickets as I really enjoyed that NJPW/Rev Pro show earlier this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NJPW have had to put out an apology for their big upcoming US show. Apparently because of the US Government shutdown they haven't been able to get visas for their top guys so they cant use them in the matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was thinking about getting a subscription the the WWE Network. I used to watch wrestling with my brother during WWF's Attitude era and a little after that, stopped watching around 2004-ish. Watched last years Royal Rumble on youtube a few days ago and I don't know half of these guys. What the hell is New Day? why does this Elias guy have a singing gimmic? Another guy has an Undertaker-esk thing where he walks to the ring holding a lantern and theres this other guy that just looks wierd and eats worms...

I mena I can deal with it as long as the storylines are good though...

God i miss the 90's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, martinist said:

So I was thinking about getting a subscription the the WWE Network. I used to watch wrestling with my brother during WWF's Attitude era and a little after that, stopped watching around 2004-ish. Watched last years Royal Rumble on youtube a few days ago and I don't know half of these guys. What the hell is New Day? why does this Elias guy have a singing gimmic? Another guy has an Undertaker-esk thing where he walks to the ring holding a lantern and theres this other guy that just looks wierd and eats worms...

I mena I can deal with it as long as the storylines are good though...

God i miss the 90's

Every once in a while I'll sub to the network just to watch the old stuff. Mostly early 90s because that's when I loved it as a kid and also because of how over the top the characters were back then. I was also thinking about subbing, watching Royal Rumble this Sunday and then watching a bunch of old stuff but I'm still on the fence about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, martinist said:

So I was thinking about getting a subscription the the WWE Network. I used to watch wrestling with my brother during WWF's Attitude era and a little after that, stopped watching around 2004-ish. Watched last years Royal Rumble on youtube a few days ago and I don't know half of these guys. What the hell is New Day? why does this Elias guy have a singing gimmic? Another guy has an Undertaker-esk thing where he walks to the ring holding a lantern and theres this other guy that just looks wierd and eats worms...

I mena I can deal with it as long as the storylines are good though...

God i miss the 90's

There are some very talented guys and girls on the roster at the moment that are worth watching. If you do decide to watch then it wouldnt take long to get a handle on who everyone is. It's also a really good time to get back into wrestling with a new company just being created (by Goldust's brother if you remember him) that should hopefully bring some much needed competition to the WWE. There is also New Japan Pro Wrestling which put on some amazing matches.

Here's a few best of vids for WWE and NJPW

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve had my subscription from the beginning. I’d say the NXT shows, especially their TakeOver’s are worth the money alone. And now with the emerging NXTUK shows gaining momentum it just worth it for those alone. And then of course you have all the back catalogue and PPVs as a bonus. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing that puts me off is what a shitty company WWE is. I cancelled my subscription last year after the Saudi Arabia stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I let my sub lapse before the second Saudi one last year, but have just resubbed yesterday for the Takeover and the Rumble, depending on the results of the rumble I may stay subbed until Mania, but will drop it again after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gmac said:

Yeah, I let my sub lapse before the second Saudi one last year, but have just resubbed yesterday for the Takeover and the Rumble, depending on the results of the rumble I may stay subbed until Mania, but will drop it again after that.

Lol, sounds like my usual WWE Network Run as well.

I finished watching last night’s Takeover earlier. Some very good matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Happenstance said:

Lol, sounds like my usual WWE Network Run as well.

I finished watching last night’s Takeover earlier. Some very good matches.

Indeed, it's the best part of the year for Wrestling fans to be honest, I'll always try and see at least the rumbles.

 

Yeah, last nights matches were good, Ricochet v Gargano was amazing. The storytelling in that match and Ciampa v Black was amazing as well.

 

I'll need to watch the UK Takeover because I've heard that was really good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, gmac said:

'll need to watch the UK Takeover because I've heard that was really good. 

Everyone needs to watch the UK Takeover show. It was amazing from start to finish. All matches were top notch. 

 

Rumble was actually a decent show. Men’s winner was probably predictable and happy on the woman’s winner. Other matches were good too. Let the road to Wrestlemania begin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the Rumble was mixed. Men’s Rumble was a bit bland, Bryan vs AJ was a dud but the women’s matches and their Rumble were all really good. I love how good the women’s division is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Kenny Omega has officially signed with AEW. As long as they have an easy way for people outside the US to watch their stuff then I'm looking forward to seeing what direction this new promotion takes. Already a lot more interested in them than anything WWE has done in years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally finished reading The Death of WCW today. Think it dragged a bit in the second half when it was just basically listing failure after failure but still overall a really good book. I knew the broad story but as I never followed WCW as it was happening, I didn’t know a lot of the details.

Taking a break from wrestling books now while I try and read the Witcher series but then after that I though I would move onto Jericho’s autobiographies.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not dumb. I’ve always wanted to own an official replica. Just need to justify spending that kind of money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My big problem now is that I have a constant urge to lunge at people with the belt and clock them in the head. The postman is still unconscious on my front doorstep.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lostmario said:

How much was that belt?

Always wanted the winged eagle belt

01_belts09.jpg

It was £270 on sale from £360.

The Winged Eagle probably would have been my second choice after my Big Eagle. Another iconic belt and the one that was around when I was first dipping my toes into wrestling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/02/2019 at 9:17 PM, lostmario said:

How much was that belt?

Always wanted the winged eagle belt

01_belts09.jpg

Always wanted that one. That was the one I grew up watching. Great design. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went and watched Fighting With My Family at the cinema this evening. I really enjoyed it. Usually I hate movies that are filmed in the UK and feature lots of British actors but these things didn't seem to bother me with this film.

Seeing Paige's upbringing and family issues was an interesting watch and I did feel sorry for her brother and what he went through. 

I have no idea if the sex tape name was an actual thing or whether it was just put in the movie in reference to Paige's shenanigans. :p 

The movie had plenty of humour to it, mostly pulled off by her fathers antics. 

Great watch and one that I recommend to anyone interested in the WWE.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I went and watched Fighting With My Family at the cinema this evening. I really enjoyed it. Usually I hate movies that are filmed in the UK and feature lots of British actors but these things didn't seem to bother me with this film.

Seeing Paige's upbringing and family issues was an interesting watch and I did feel sorry for her brother and what he went through. 

I have no idea if the sex tape name was an actual thing or whether it was just put in the movie in reference to Paige's shenanigans. :p 

The movie had plenty of humour to it, mostly pulled off by her fathers antics. 

Great watch and one that I recommend to anyone interested in the WWE.

I was surprised how much I liked the look of the trailer so I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Spoiler

Is there any mention made to the end of her ring career in the movie? It happened either very near the end of filming or possibly just after so I didnt know if anything would be said.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites