NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

May seem a daft question but what devices can you watch everything on? Once you sign up can you then watch it from any device?

I'm keen to get to for the Rumble, but won't be able to stay up live so hoping I can watch it replayed at some point the next day, so guess I need to check how that works, unless someone knows?

PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Roku, Amazon Fire and select Smart TV's. You can watch it on any of them devices. With the Network, replays are almost instant from Live.

I'm watching the Invasion PPV on the UK Network, it does seem they've done some dubbing with commentary. I don't recall ever hearing Michael Cole on commentary apart from on Smackdown. And boy, a referee match. What a laugh.

Such a shame that the entire Invasion storyline was a complete mess. It should have been one of the biggest moments in wrestling history.

Iv been using the PS4 app, they really fucked up the Monday night war series. Its good, but its all re used stuff! They could have done a 200 episode series following a week by week blow of what was happening on nitro and raw and behind the scenes...

Watch the Paul heyman documentary as well, its brilliant.

Its a shame there isnt an easier way on the WWE Network to just watch everything chronologically. I wouldnt mind trying to watch Raw, Smackdown then the PPVs in order.

Watching No Way Out 2002 at the moment, Jericho v Austin main event. I think 2003 is when I stopped watching the first time around so wont be long now until I actually get to some new stuff.

Caved and signed up to it.

Agreed with the comments on the difficulty trying to watch stuff in order via the PS4 app.

Enjoying it so far though, WrestlemaniaX7, Money in the bank 2012, 4 eps of monday Wars, 10 best royal rumble moments and WrestlemaniaXXX all watched so far.

Would be good if there were more episodes of Raw / Smackdown on it, If I recall I don't think there are any 2011 Raw episodes up yet.

I'm hoping the OSW guys review the entire Invasion storyline.

Such a shame that the entire Invasion storyline was a complete mess. It should have been one of the biggest moments in wrestling history.

The main problem with the Invasion angle was the lack of big stars. It was originally meant to be WWE vs WCW vs ECW, but due to the lack of stars on both fronts (mainly due to AOL Time Warner contracts on WCW's behalf, and legal issues with ECW stars and pay) those whom came over formed into one "Alliance". The biggest stars to come over from WCW were Booker T and DDP, with ECW having only RVD and Tommy Dreamer willing to come over.

Many have said if the likes of Goldberg, Scott Steiner, Scott Hall, Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Sting etc from WCW came over and from ECW Sabu, Sandman, Super Crazy etc then it would have been a damn sight better. And if it was booked better (aka WCW and ECW stars being able to get clean wins over WWE stars), this invasion could have gone on for a year if not longer. The only real reason why WWE stars (like Stone Cold Steve Austin*) defected to the Alliance was due to the lack of big name stars**.

*This was a big mistake, Austin fought hard (even breaking his neck after a Owen Hart Piledriver) to get the ratings to win the Monday Night Wars

**With the exeption to The Dudley Boyz, Taz, Raven etc as it made more sense for them to defect to ECW at the time they did.

Wonder how it would have been if Bret Hart wasn't forced to retire due to that kick Goldberg delivered, seeing Bret back in a WWE ring earlier and soon after the Montrial screw-job. And people saying the likes of Eddie Guerrero, Triple H, Chris Benoit etc would have been a factor in the Invasion. Would either of these 3 defected, more so would Triple H have defected to side with Stephanie instead of Austin defecting.

I loved the Invasion storyline. Some of the stuff with The Rock mouthing off at Booker T was absolute gold. The climax to the storyline was fantastic, especially Jericho trying to screw everyone over.

The return of the Great One was awesome as well. Still gets me hyped when I watch the segment.

I remember watching this when it was first on. I couldn't believe it when he hit Vince. I honestly thought he had joined the Alliance. I should have known better. :D

I realise Invasion should of been so much more but I still loved it at the time. It was kinda like getting a DC vs Marvel comic but with wrestlers. It was fun.

To be fair at the time I think I loved it as well. It wasnt until after that I realised how lacking it was in actual WCW/ECW wrestlers.

...ah fuck, did I miss the royal rumble?....I think I missed the royal rumble.

No you haven't, the Rumble is tonight!

Hmmm. Debating whether to stay up and watch the Rumble tonight on the Network or to go to sleep and not be miserable and tired at work tomorrow.

Going to watch this after work tomorrow, will be avoiding spoilers as i always love watching the Rumble and the surprises it brings.

dave meltzer called this the best one hour pro wrestling television show” that he has ever seen. Mauro Ranallo's commentary is simply amazing! So glad people in the west are getting the chance to see new japan pro-wrestling. its by far the greatest fight league/pro-wrestling product in the world at the moment!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2fgvxf_njpw-axs-ep-3_sport

dave meltzer called this the best one hour pro wrestling television show” that he has ever seen. Mauro Ranallo's commentary is simply amazing! So glad people in the west are getting the chance to see new japan pro-wrestling. its by far the greatest fight league/pro-wrestling product in the world at the moment!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2fgvxf_njpw-axs-ep-3_sport

I don't often get the chance to check out the Japanese art of Wrestling, but what i have seen is by far exceptional in comparision to what we've become acustom to with TNA, WWE and RoH.

Weird Rumble again this year

Once again the fans pissed me off with their obsession with Daniel Bryan. As soon as he got eliminated (which granted was oddly early) the fans just gave up, booing most everything. Daniel Bryan returning has been the worst thing for Reigns. Also it was a poor mixture of entrants. When you got closer to the end there was only ever going to be one winner and there was absolutely no suspense.

Nice to see Bubba Ray back but I thought they wasted him last night, should have stayed in longer.

Apparently the cancel page on the WWE Network site also crashed this morning with so many people trying to use it.

Spoiler tags not working for some reason so I'll err on the side of caution.

Its not who got knocked out or when its the simple obvious fact that the winner is not ready and is not good enough in the ring or on the mic. I'm actually cancelling my sub, its too predictable and at this rate mania will suck.

Have to say I was disappointed too, best match of the night was clearly the World Title match.

Also have to say watching via the Network was pretty flawless. I was watching on my Mac through the main website and only had two instances where the feed froze for about two or three seconds. Even the picture quality was on par with watching on the tele.

Spoiler tags not working for some reason so I'll err on the side of caution.

Its not who got knocked out or when its the simple obvious fact that the winner is not ready and is not good enough in the ring or on the mic. I'm actually cancelling my sub, its too predictable and at this rate mania will suck.

The Philly sports fans in general have a rep for being rabid and cynical, they've booed Santa, little girls singing the national anthem, so it's no surprise their wrestling fans are any different.

I thought since people started talking about the fan's possibly turning on Reigns a few weeks ago it would become a self fullfiling prophecy. I think maybe a lot of fans that previously cheered Reigns will just jump on the anti-Reigns bandwagon and boo him now because they think that's what 'real fans' are supposed to do, and it's become hip to boo anybody that's pushed. It's not even as though WWE are pushing him purely becasue the office like him as a poster boy, he was legit over with the fans aswell.

I think the idea that a guy should be booed because he's "not ready" odd for a fan to say aswell. Perhaps he isn't ready to carry the ball for the company, but that's not my concern as a fan, I'm not a WWE shareholder.

That's like saying if I'm a non-league football club fan I'm not going to cheer them beating a premier league team in the FA cup, because we're not a team that can sell the FA Cup TV rights to foreign TV companies, that's not my problem, I'm just gonna be happy my team won. So if anyone was a fan of Reigns before his push, and many people were, I don't see why they'd turn on him now he's actually more successful.

People ciritcise Reigns for his mic work, and I agree it's below par as far as main eventers go, but I find D-Bry and Ziggler are only passable at best themselves, they're not exactly exceptional talkers either, even Ambrose still has some way to go be ranked with the very best. But talking isn't everything Goldberg wasn't a good promo guy and was still over. Reigns being a man of little words might be good for him, add some mystique.

Also if it was real it's not exactly inconceivable that Reigns could win, it's not like he's Hornswoggle. Reigns is a much of a threat to Brock as pretty much anyone, and probably more so than IWC darlings Ambrose, D-Bry and Ziggler.

As for predictabiltity, it's not always a bad thing. It was Predictable Daniel Bryan would beat HHH and win the World Title at Mania last year, and it's what we all wanted. If you just want the unpredicatable watch Russo's WCW where nothing makes sense. Also, it was equally predictable that Ambrose, Ziggler, Bray, Bryan and Ziggler would be among the last eliminated as the Rumble always ends with the top contenders left, but nobody would complain about that, so I find that people only complain about predictability when it suits them.

Speaking of the end of the Rumble, I've also read people getting really upset that Big Show and Kane were in the final 3 or 4 contestants, but who cares, so long as they don't win I don't see what the problem is. It's obvious to anyone with a brain they didn't want Reigns directly eliminating another fan favourite to win, so they fed him two heels nobody likes, it's not because WWE favour Big show over Ziggler, or Kane over D-Bry.

Fans are so fickle, "make new stars" they say, "but not him, only him, do exacty as I want, but don't be predicatable".

I like Reigns, I like Ziggler, Ambrose, and Bryan too, but I'm still happy Reigns won. :)

Edited by pratty

I avoided spoilers all day, i wanted to watch this as this is one of the few PPV's i watch that i don't like being spoiled. The WWE title match was the highlight of the night, that match was spectacular. I wanted to see Rollins win, especially after seeing Lesnar virtually out of it after that table spot. Would have been great to see Rollins not only WWE Champion, but Money in the Bank winner. Lesnar coming back and winning it, how was he moving still i do not know.

As for the main event itself, the Rumble. It's what i love to watch, especially how "unpredictable" it can be. I was gobsmacked seeing Bubba Ray coming into the match, using R-Truth for the 3D spot convinced me Devon wasn't coming in. That would have been a mark-out moment. Maybe WWE will offer Bubba a deal, they are open to it. Seeing DDP as well, that was a surprise.

People on Twitter are kind of annoyed over the result of the Rumble and how bad the match was. Botched eliminations, some didn't even make it to the ring (Curtis Axel joins the likes of Scotty 2 Hotty and Maven to not be eliminated). People are seeing Roman Reigns as Cena 2.0, so are kind of annoyed that he won the event. Last year annoyed he didn't win, this year annoyed he won. You can't please them really. Daniel Bryan being eliminated early, some are saying he retweeked his neck injury a bit so left earlier, who knows really. Wanted to see Wyatt reach the final 4 at least, but no.

I'm happy Roman Reigns won the Rumble, i quite like the chap. Just wish he was less robotic sometimes.

I would say let's tune into RAW tonight, but it's been cancelled due to the bad weather. They'll still show a RAW, but it's from Stamford's HQ and will most likely be a "Best of RAW". Guess that will be a short show then.

And the next Hall of Fame inductee has been announced

tumblr_mxnvmqwr6D1rg89a6o1_500.jpg

I like Reigns so I'm glad he won but I thought Bryan would. Are the crowds just going to get pissy every time Bryan loses now?

people weren't mad that Reigns didn't win it last year, they were mad that Batista did.

They're not pissed because Bryan didn't win, they're pissed because of the lame ass way every other potential winner was dispatched - Ziggler and Ambrose especially

then trying to get some of the Rock's popularity to rub off on Reigns just smacks of desperation as if they realise they've just got a guy who currently can't work the mic and has an extremely limited move set headlining their biggest event of the year

I have nothing against Reigns, but this push is just far too soon, there's several people who deserve it more