NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

Liking this whole corporation storyline again. Not going to reach the heights of Austin vs Vince as D-Bry will never come off as that kind of character. But I like where it's going. Having the shield work for the Corporation is just what they needed really. They were beginning to get a bit stale, and it seemed creative could of been running out of enemies for them. So this is a good move.

Randy, Vince, HHH & Shield vs Daniel Bryan and..... We shall see who else.

Really hoping for big things from this angle. Time will tell.

RVD for a WHC title at night of champions. Does that all but confirm that Del Rio's reign is over now?

And having Punk fighting with Axel is very very good for the state of the Intercontinental title. I know it's not guaranteed that Punk vs Axel will ever amount to a IC title shot, but the fact someone so high up as Punk can now feud with a current IC holder... it's a little bit of a significant boost isn't it?

Here's hoping Punk does get a shot at it, to bring it some prestige.

So Smackdown was actually pretty bad ass tonight. Really liking the Corporation vs Bryan and Friends route. Shield are really perfect for the part of corporation body guards, and Randy's long time due heel turn is just perfect. Working wonders for The Miz too as he's actually getting some fan backing in matches. Ziggler vs Shield was brutal but glad he's part of this. Hope he gets some reward after this story line... any belt will do for him at the moment.

Must say i'm pleased I got back into WWE this year, from what i've read on other WWE message boards and Bleacher Report the fans are the most happiest with the current roster and back storys going at the moment then they previously have for a long time.

Ziggler <3

Now.... just get Sandow to cash in at Night of Champions after RVD beats Del Rio, but let it be a successful cash in ;)

I'll watch SD tomorrow. Watched Raw today and it was glorious. Man, they have really improved the product, great stuff...

I'll watch SD tomorrow. Watched Raw today and it was glorious. Man, they have really improved the product, great stuff...

I've practically stopped watching Smackdown, had enough of the RAW recaps they keep showing. RAW however, that is something different and is a lot better in recent weeks.

(even more so with the lack of Cena :bouncy:)

Edit: Some bitchface hidden copypaste code mistake.

Anyway, looking forward to tonight's Raw. SD was pretty good too, they're actually trying to improve it and make it on par with Raw. Whatever it is they're doing, it's working. Watched all of the last two Raws and the last SD too, usually never do that. So many interesting storylines going on in there now...

What comes to TNA (someone please change the damn thread title, WWE is not the only wrestling company in the world!), it's been pretty boring really. Hogan and Sting, AJ changing his gimmick all the time, guys getting fired left and right...just no. Even Taryn Terrell is pregnant now, just after she had a few awesome matches with Gail Kim.

Seriously, just bring Jeff Jarret back and give Hogan the boot or at least make him be permanently backstage. So much great talent, and such a messy product...

Edited by Ville

Anyone remember this WWF Superstars of Wrestling intro from the early 90s?

Not seen this in years. :yay:

Townhall meeting going on in Smackdown. They really are making the show better...

Edit: Ok, there was one stupid archive match, but otherwise really good. Clearly more continuity with what's happening in Raw every week...

Edited by Ville

Night of champions Spoilers ahoy...

I really didn't expect Bryan to win this, I had figured they'd have the Face off WWE / Corporate vs Bryan angle go on for a lot longer than this.

Not sure what they plan to do with this now, as it felt like it was just starting, not about to finish.

Why are they keeping this belt with Alberto Del Rio, I like him, but he's just to stale as a heel champion, parting ways with Rodrigez was a good move, but he's just not selling it as a mean champion at all. I guess by having Bryan win the WWE title they need one heel champion as well as a face, so guessing this is why he's still here.

I can see them finding a way to take the title from him tonight. I think it was more of a ploy to keep this fued going and generate major heat on HHH and co. They could just strip him of the title tonight, or put him in a gauntlet match for the title against 8 people lol

RAW Recap (or watch Smackdown, same thing)

Triple H did strip Bryan of the WWE title, but didn't give it back to Orton. Blamed the ref for a fast count, which was obvious and he was sacked. Don't know what to think really, smelled a little like the Jericho-Triple H feud back in 2000.

Bryan put into a match vs Roman Reigns, decent match and one that Orton got involved in quickly. Loved the ending with all the face RAW stars coming out and helping, basically like they had enough of the bullying going on

Dusty Rhodes was knocked out by Show, rumors swirling for a Rhodes family match vs The Shield at the next PPV. Should be interesting.

Yeah, that's about it.

Bumpage

Sorry about that, but i thought this would be a good time to post here again. Did anyone watch Old School RAW on Monday?

Jake The Snake Roberts made an appearance with his trusty snake in bag, Too Cool re-united for one match, Pipers Pit made a return as well.

I'll put a video up to confirm the above once i get home.

I've only been paying passing attention to the on goings of WWE lately, just randomly checking the website from time to time usually after a PPV.

I see they've unified the WWE and World Heavyweight titles again, is Orton going round calling himself the "first Undisputed Champion" :heh: Or do they remember to acknowledge Jericho?

Also did they make a new Belt or does Orton carry both belts like Jericho did?

Jericho was the first to correct them on his twitter feed, showing a picture of himself with both the belts. But yeah they were saying he was the first WWE World Heavy Weight Champion.

No new belt yet dude, I dunno if they will given that the current WWE Championship is just under a year old.

So he's the World Wrestling Entertainment World Heavyweight Champion?

Bit of a mouthful.

Never thought of it as that, but yeah... he is actually that.

What a title.

So is Orton carrying both belts then or just the WWE? I hope he's carrying both so as to have the mouthfull of a name make sense, otherwise might as well just call him WWE Champion if he only carrying around that belt

Orton's carrying two belts, I'm guessing they'll make a new single belt on or just after Mania.

I like that there's only one belt, it seperates the wheat from the chaff. A friend was saying to me that it decresases the opportunity for the Zigglers and the Del Rios etc to be champ, but I think that's good, not everybody should be champ.

Edited by pratty

Orton's carrying two belts, I'm guessing they'll make a new single belt on or just after Mania.

I like that there's only one belt, it seperates the wheat from the chaff. A friend was saying to me that it decresases the opportunity for the Zigglers and the Del Rios etc to be champ, but I think that's good, not everybody should be champ.

But.. but Ziggler :sad:

I'd like to see him with a title push, but yeah now that they have the one major belt i'd agree that he won't see that shot for a long long time. Hopefully it means the Intercontinental title has more prestige again now like back in the old school days.

On another note....

20140102_EPLIGHT_Network_Announcement_C.jpg

WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 streaming network, will launch live in the U.S. on Monday, February 24, featuring all 12 WWE live pay-per-view events – including WrestleMania – valued at more than $600 per year for $9.99 per month with a 6-month commitment. WWE Network will also include groundbreaking original programming, reality shows, documentaries, classic matches and more than 1,500 hours of video on demand at launch.

Fans can subscribe to WWE Network beginning at 9:00 a.m. ET on Monday, February 24, at WWE.com, and for a limited time will be offered a free one week trial. WWE Network, the first 24/7 network delivered directly to fans through over-the-top digital distribution, will be available on desktops and laptops via WWE.com. WWE Network will also be available through the WWE App on: Amazon’s Kindle Fire devices; Android devices such as Samsung Galaxy; iOS devices such as Apple iPad and iPhone; Roku streaming devices; Sony PlayStation 3 and Sony PlayStation 4; and Xbox 360. Availability on additional devices, including Xbox One and select Smart TVs, will follow this summer.

Very excited about the WWE Network. I will certainly be getting involved with it. It's just a shame we won't be getting it till the end of the year/next year. :(

Very excited about the WWE Network. I will certainly be getting involved with it. It's just a shame we won't be getting it till the end of the year/next year. :(

Yeah if the pricing is the same here (I'd assume $9.99 will translate to £9.99) then I'd definitely be in for it. 12 PPVs for £120 plus hours of old school shows and older PPV's on demand. Sounds incredible man.

But it is crappy that it's not till end of the year at earliest.

Was reading some people who weren't happy that it was a minimum 6 month subscription. I fail too see that as a negative, it's simply to stop people signing up for the odd month for Wrestlemania, then the next odd month in August for Summerslam. Tie them down for minimum 6 months makes sense from their point of view.

Best of my knowledge, they'll have Orton carry the WWE title around in due time as it's a design that's only been around a year, so will be pointless designing a new belt. What they need to do next is to unify the US and Intercontinental Titles. Dean Ambrose hasn't defended the title since September/October. It's just carried around as bling really and i see it as pointless these days.

I was reading up on people not happy about paying $9.99. Why, it's a damn bargain for what you get for the price. All PPV's, an extensive back library of content, exclusive documentaries and programmes to name a few. People were also asking about if RAW, Smackdown and Superstars will appear on the Network, it's confirmed they'll remain on cable providers (which is logical)

In some sadder news, Hall of Famer Mae Young has been taken off life support. She's been ill for sometime, and this could mean the end of a great woman in Wrestling.

That's probably something to do with their current deal with Sky, which i think comes up for renewal later this year.

But I'm also excited about this. Not so much for the new content, i'm more interested in their content from the past.

That's probably something to do with their current deal with Sky, which i think comes up for renewal later this year.

But I'm also excited about this. Not so much for the new content, i'm more interested in their content from the past.

Yeah, but they've already said that Smackdown, RAW and Superstars won't appear on the WWE Network. Sky have too much money to throw around.