NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

Kane Vs Wyatt - Really don't know on this one.

Put money on 'taker returning, i feel this is setting up a huge hell in the cell wrestlemania moment for Brayy Wyatt.

Put money on 'taker returning, i feel this is setting up a huge hell in the cell wrestlemania moment for Brayy Wyatt.

Wow, never would of gone down that route.

That's good.

WHen you say wrestlemania moment for Brayy, as in... he beats Taker in a cell at mania?

I wouldn't want the streak to end that way, couldn't see taker managing a Cell match either.

I honestly think it will be his last match ever. Not sure how the story will go but i can see Wyatt as the future of the company, hes the complete package and iv watched him since before he was Husky Harris haha. I can see wyatt winning, pushing him to the top of the company. Maybe WWE will push hims as "the third" brother, dis owned at birth or something.

Either way there is a huge story coming with this, and with the McMahon v HHH fued building toward wrestlemania we could be in for a treat next April......

They can't last forever I guess, but man that'll be sad to see Undertaker call it a day.

Reading about the impact that HHH has had on the company since his backroom role. I've only really started following WWE heavily again since the start of this year, and I really hadn't watched if for years before that, so was slightly clueless as to who the roster was when I came back into it (exceptions of course like Cena, Orton, Henry...) but honestly I didn't know who the over guys were, who the heels were etc.

Now i've got back into the swing of it, and seen how big the guys are, and who HHH was involved with bringing to WWE, it's rather impressive. One thing I read was that while the tag division took a turn for the better recently, the diva's side of things decreased, well must say recently with the AJ and Kaitlyn fueds looks like perhaps Steph may have stomped a little bit of authority over it as it's been building up rather well.

Just seems like I started to get back into this year was a good time to do so, as again reading forums and wwe sites elsewhere alot of people agree the roster at the moment is one of the strongest for a while.

Iv really got back into it about 3 years ago ish. Its been quite stale until early last year to be honest. The CM punk pipe bomb was a good kick start, everyone sat up and took notice again.

No one wants to see taker retire but he will have to soon, and hes old school, you know what old school wrestlers say..... "Always go out on your back".

I don't want to see Taker retire, i didn't like seeing Edge retire. But things happen, and it will be a sad day to see him go.

Regarding the Bryan-Cena match, why do i have a feeling we'll see Orton walk out as champion after Bryan wins.

Iv really got back into it about 3 years ago ish. Its been quite stale until early last year to be honest. The CM punk pipe bomb was a good kick start, everyone sat up and took notice again.

No one wants to see taker retire but he will have to soon, and hes old school, you know what old school wrestlers say..... "Always go out on your back".

Unfortunately wasn't following it then with the Punk 'Pipe Bomb'. I watched a video of it last night, and wow. That was some mic work. Now stupid question as I know 98.8% of WWE is scripted but.... That sounded like legit rage. Was that scripted?

I read he left WWE after winning the title, but Cena pleaded with him to return? Or to sign a new contract? Is that true? If so fair play to Cena for recognizing how much the company could lose out on if Punk did leave properly.

Also is it legit that, that's why Punk had the longest reign with the WWE title, repercussions of the pipe bomb explosion.

Really interested in it, as it would seem it was a turning point in the WWE, and as mentioned earlier right now it feels like it's going in a good direction with roster and HHH having more involvement. Just wondering how much of the Punk Bomb was legit and how much HHH or Vince played in it?

Unfortunately wasn't following it then with the Punk 'Pipe Bomb'. I watched a video of it last night, and wow. That was some mic work. Now stupid question as I know 98.8% of WWE is scripted but.... That sounded like legit rage. Was that scripted?

It was a complete shoot. His contract legit ran out after summerslam. He was leaving, he had nothing to lose. They gave him the mic and said "go tell everyone why your leaving". After that reaction the WWE new they had to keep him, he signed a new contract the night of summerslam or night before and won the title right their in Chicago. They kept the story line going of him leaving, which was great while they did it but called him back too early. There was a great segment where CM punk turned up at comic con where wwe was, when he had "left" the company. Walked in with his WWE belt :D

Will have to watch it out of work dude, Youtube is blocked here :(

Summer Slam 2013 -

Pre-Show Match - Dean Ambrose vs RVD for US Title

20130812_summerslam_KickOff_Ambrose_RVD_HOMEPAGE_Sunday.jpg

DIVAS!!!! - Natalya vs Brie Bella

20130812_light_summerslam_brie-natalya_C-homepage.jpg

The aftermath of the breakup - Ziggler & Kaitlyn vs Big E & AJ

20130807_LIGHT_SS_mixedtag_C.jpg

Money In the Bank... who should of won - Cody Rhodes vs Damien Sandow

20130805_summerslam_Rhodes_Sandow_HOMEPAGE.jpg

And it burns burns burns... the ring of fire match - Kane vs Bray Wyatt

20130815_summerslam_LIGHT_kanewyatt_C-homepage2.jpg

One more match for the World Heavyweight Championship - Alberto Del Rio Vs Christian

20130731_RioChristian_summerslam_HOMEPAGE.jpg

The Best vs The Beast - CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar

20130729_summerslam_HOMEPAGE_punk-brock.jpg

The champ is .... Going to be decided - John Cena vs Daniel Bryan with HHH as guest ref

20130812_light_summerslam_tripleh_C-homepage.jpg

Think that's the full card, a lot of people missing out on the 2nd biggest PPV of the year. Sheamus, Orton, Shield, Real Americans...No Intercontinental title on the card either. Guess they can't all feature at PPV's though.

I really couldn't call the Punk Vs Lesnar match, really could go either way.

Cena vs Bryan...I Assume Bryan wins, and Orton cashes in. Just a hunch that is shared by majority of people.

Surprisingly looking forward to Ziggler&Kaitlyn match.

Pretty good schedule,

Sheamus is injured and out for the next few months.

It's a decent card, it's a shame RVD is on the pre-show and not the main event. Should shove the diva match there, no-one watches it.

Christian's getting a shot at the WHC? When / how did that happen?

Christian's getting a shot at the WHC? When / how did that happen?

On Smackdown 2 weeks ago I think? Christian beat Orton and RVD in a triple threat number one contenders match. He also beat Alberto Del Rio in a 1 on 1 match recently on Smackdown too (title not on the line of course). WWE have certainly pushed him with some momentum recently.

Happy to see him in the WHC Title push.

It's a decent card, it's a shame RVD is on the pre-show and not the main event. Should shove the diva match there, no-one watches it.

Ah right I missed that about Sheamus, There's one divas match I could tolerate and that would be AJ vs Kaitlyn again. But the mixed tag team match will suffice for me.

NNNOOO.... what happened him?

Anyway I was thinking of ordering Summer Slam but I haven't paid proper attention to WWE since Mania so can someone fill in some gaps for me.

I know RVD came back at Money in the Bank but is he really being so underused that he gets put on the Pre-Show of Summerslam? And it's for the US Title? Still treating that belt like shit then are they?

Someone fill my in on this Wyatt family too? What;s their beef with Kane?

Why is HHH reffing the Cena/Bryan match? Is there a deeper story to why/how that happened or is it just to give HHH something to do at Summerslam?

And what up with Ziggler and AJ? Why the break up and who is Kaitlyn?

Cheers in advance for answers... your reply/replies will help shape my decision to order or not to order the event :D

NNNOOO.... what happened him?

He got injured after Money in the Bank, he crashed through a ladder on the outside injuring his shoulder. Will be gone for maybe 6 months

Anyway I was thinking of ordering Summer Slam but I haven't paid proper attention to WWE since Mania so can someone fill in some gaps for me.

I'll give it my best shot, fire away

I know RVD came back at Money in the Bank but is he really being so underused that he gets put on the Pre-Show of Summerslam? And it's for the US Title? Still treating that belt like shit then are they?

You should see what they've done to the Miz. But yeah, the US title is nothing these days. RVD was basically bought back originally on a short-term contract, but he's agreed a long-term one similar to Jericho's contract. Minus touring with a Rock/Metal band of course. He's around to put talent over (after all, he's 42/43 now) mainly. Plus the "E" need a few more known names around to help ratings and put talent over as i mentioned.

Someone fill my in on this Wyatt family too? What;s their beef with Kane?

From my understanding, Kane is helping put over the Wyatts. Both seem to be playing mind-games with each other, which is good. I think they both have something in common, both have demented minds really. I just love the Wyatt Family entrance though.

Why is HHH reffing the Cena/Bryan match? Is there a deeper story to why/how that happened or is it just to give HHH something to do at Summerslam?

It's another McMahon storyline basically, Vince doesn't believe Bryan will make a good champion, Trips and Steph do. Both believe in actual wrestling talent over Vince's belief of entertainers holding the belt, it's quite an interesting complex. Triple H/Steph believe Vince lost his mind after the whole Vickie Guerrero firing thing a few weeks ago, so want to change things. Rumours swirling it will culminate in a match at Mania 30 between Vince/his replacement (rumoured to be Austin/Rock) vs Triple H for control of the "E".

Maybe this is the hand-over in storyline form of the E to Trips/Steph as he retires from running things.

And what up with Ziggler and AJ? Why the break up and who is Kaitlyn?

AJ is crazy, she cost Ziggler his rematch for the World Title after just about costing him the World Title earlier. They split up, Ziggler is a face now. Kaitlyn, i don't watch the Diva's because they are shite.

Cheers in advance for answers... your reply/replies will help shape my decision to order or not to order the event :D

No worries, hope my answers helped.

And for everyone, try this. It's a personalized Rock promo generator.

Edited by Jimbob

WWE SUPERSTAR... I'M GAY

WWE superstar Darren Young just dropped a bombshell, telling TMZ, he's gay ... and no, this isn't part of the act.

Darren was at LAX Wednesday when we asked whether a gay wrestler could succeed in WWE, and Darren laughed, saying, "Absolutely. Look at me. I'm a WWE superstar and to be honest with you, I'll tell you right now, I'm gay. And I'm happy. I'm very happy."

For the record, Darren is now the first openly gay wrestler ever at WWE ... and the first headlining wrestler ever to come out while still signed to a major promotion.

Other pro wrestlers have been rumored to be gay, but that's it ... just rumors.

Bottom line: this is big, big news. For all its chauvinism and testosterone-driven bravado, coming out in WWE is tantamount to coming out in the NFL.

Of course, wrestling is a little different, particularly because of how physical it is, and how little clothing is involved -- but Darren is completely unfazed. Watch the video to hear why. (video @ source)

Source - http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/15/darren-young-wwe-superstar-gay/

Well well... Good for him.

I totally forgot to order Summerslam over the weekend :heh:

Was it a good PPV?

Seems it was awesome, just as expected really. Would've watched it, but it was on so damn late that did not. Tried seeing what the PPV price was today, but the whole site was jammed so I guess not. Watched the finishes on youtube, Raw should be pretty interesting tonight...

The PPV was pretty entertaining, seemed to go by so quickly though.

Wyatt vs Kane was a bit of a let down really, the crowd seemed completely uninterested. In fact the pre-show match of RVD vs Dean Ambrose has a much better crowd.

No idea why they would opt for that as the pre-show match really.

Sandow vs Rhodes was a good match, not pleased with the result, but after the repeat result on RAW last night, looks like they'll be pushing Rhodes alot.

Christian vs Del Rio - Didn't expect the result to go Del Rio's way, Genuinely thought Christian would walk out champion with his 'one last match' gimmick being he goes out with a championship reign.

Divas match - Toilet and pizza break. didn't watch

CM Punk vs Lesnar was awesome, really really good. Couldn't call who was going to win it.

Ziggy & Kaityln vs Big E & AJ - I have no idea why they put this on between Punk/Lesnar & Cena/Bryan. The crowd were so into the Punk match, and this match kind of slowed the pace of the night down. Yes the fans cheered and were happy that Ziggler won, but the momentum of the crowd just went after being on such a high in the Punk match.

Bryan vs Cena - Yeah... Pretty good. Cena played his role well, re-acting to the crowd chants of 'you can't wrestle' and genuinely they both performed well.

I knew Orton would come out, I knew Orton would cash in and win. But I didn't see HHH swerve at all. Completely threw me that.

Just reading about RAW and it looks like Bryan is getting even more of a push as the babyface of the company as they had Cena address that Bryan is the deserving champion and had the whole McMahon-Helmsley "you're not good enough" chat, and with the Shield working for them and the whole Bryan getting back up after beatings... it's going to be an eventful few weeks/months for Bryan.

Watching Raw now, and it's awesome. Daniel Bryan flaming like a torch in the opening promo.

Edit: Ok, done now. It was masterful. Super strong heels against Daniel Bryan the underdog, same thing with Ziggler. WWE is just getting better and better, awe to the some.

Edited by Ville

To add to Sheamus on the shelf, John Cena is also on the shelf for 6 months max with a torn bicep. I'm expecting both to be back at the Rumble. All i can say is, yahoo. And with Bryan the top face of the E for the time being, and with Orton basically joining the new Corporation as the WWE champ times are looking good, I can see a great story being laid out now. CM Punk is explosive right about now as well.

Summerslam views (courtasy of Jimbob)

Pre-show match - RVD vs Dean Ambrose

A decent match, why was this pre-show. Pity the Shield got involved, it was good until then. No idea why they would opt for that as the pre-show match really.

Bray Wyatt vs Kane (Flame around ring match)

Zzzzz, was kinda boring. And way to predictable the other members would get involved. Crowd were dead which didn't help

Damian Sandow vs Cody Rhodes

Decent enough, wanted Sandow to win. But hey, can’t expect everything. And it would seem they are pushing Cody with back-to-back wins over Sandow, here’s hoping they don’t award Cody with the MITB contract.

Christian vs Alberto Del Rio (World Heavyweight Championship Match)

I wanted Christian to win, it had it written all over it. But not yet, maybe One more match is needed after all. Was hoping he’d win, and I was expecting Ricardo to get involved and screw Del Rio.

Divas match

Who cares

CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar

Words can’t describe the awesomeness of this match. It was the best Lesnar match since his return last year no doubt about that.

Dolph Ziggler & Kaityln vs Big E & AJ

It was ok, and a little stupid putting it this far up the card. Maybe should have been the opener and had the Fire match here, but hey. Can’t always win can we.

Daniel Bryan vs John Cena (WWE Championship Match)

Good match indeed, especially for Cena (I say this for a change). Torn bicep and he wrestles in a good match, and puts over Bryan by letting him win cleanly. Not often that happens, but it’s nice to see

Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan (WWE Championship Match)

Wasn’t really a match, but technically is. Wasn’t too shocked to see Orton come out to cash in, but more surprised to see Trips turn heel in following with Orton turning heel.

And what’s with Ricardo teaming with RVD now. Thought he’d team with Rey Mysterio or Sin Cara (I’m not commenting on him, he broke a finger and pulled out of the match on RAW)