NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

Jeff Hardy has a missus?! Someone on the show or real life?

Real life girlfriend I think

Ah right, okay. Was gonna say, cant see him getting with any of the current divas.

What was the deal with the whole Matt / Lita / Edge thing? Did Matt and Lita break up in real life because of Edge, or was that just a story? I know Edge used to be good friends with them all.

@Women's wrestling: Yeah, it was pretty worse than it is now about a year ago, but things are getting better. The women who can't do jack simply don't get in the ring for long (on Raw at least), and there's good talent in Melina, Mickie, Jillian and Beth (and Kelly Kelly has been improving lately). It's worse on Smackdown, where Natalya and Victoria are treated like jokes (despite being much, much better than McCool, Maria or Maryse. But even those 3 are improving their ring skills, though)

@TNA: I stopped watching a while ago. There're too many things wrong with that company. Gimmick matches, storylines/matches that go nowhere and don't make any sense...

The talent is good though. AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, the entire X Division, most of their tag teams, etc. And I have heard good things about their Women's division.

I just can't stand the rest, though.

Ah right, okay. Was gonna say, cant see him getting with any of the current divas.

What was the deal with the whole Matt / Lita / Edge thing? Did Matt and Lita break up in real life because of Edge, or was that just a story? I know Edge used to be good friends with them all.

That was an actual event that happened, its on the Twist of Fate DVD on the Matt disk. He explains that while he was recuperating from an injury, Lita was cheating on him with Adam Copeland (Edge). He found this out when he went downstairs to get a drink and Lita's phone rang downstairs with Matt picking it up and seeing his name on the screen. He did keep the phone for a while to show Jeff. Then Matt got sacked for some reason, he did call the WWE and got on live TV and asked Lita why she cheated on him. He didn't get an answer, hence why he invaded RAW and attacked Edge.

Was a great battle between Edge and Matt with them literratly beating each other to a pulp.

And probably why Jeff came back and challenged Edge as well.

I think Matt still hates Edge, i'm not sure on that.

What a bastard. I'd hate him. Then again, Lita is just as bad. And to go ahead with the storyline on WWE with Lita and Edge as a couple was a bit wrong i always thought, but i guess thats what made it more intense. I'm sure Matt does still hate Edge. I hope he isn't still with her? (the Vickie thing is a joke right?!). Be great to have Lita back without any relationships dragging her down.

I'm still not sure where it started being a storyline, but I think Matt "invading" Raw was probably part of it. I dunno if he's still mad with them, though.

As for Edge...I don't think he's with Lita or Vickie :heh:

I'm still not sure where it started being a storyline, but I think Matt "invading" Raw was probably part of it. I dunno if he's still mad with them, though.

As for Edge...I don't think he's with Lita or Vickie :heh:

I don't think Matt was fired for real, I think it was to try an convince the internet fans that the story was real. i.e. he took independant bookings. He first appeared on WWE Byte This as a caller when Lita was a guest on the show and it was all re-ignited from there, but if you ask me it was all a (very, very good) work. Best storyline since the attitude era.

I didn't know that about Edge, Matt and Lita. As a Hardy Boyz fan, I feel as though I'm on Matt's side.

I agree with what's been said about women's wrestling. There may be a couple of talented female wrestlers in WWE, but it'll never be as good as male wrestling. The blokes don't shriek and they're much more physical.

They do sort of need to drop the Diva's stuff. Yes, some of them are rather attractive (Kelly Kelly and Maria, especially), but the whole thing just annoys me. And it's true about their chests, just look at Jillian Hall: Massive rack but otherwise completely annoying. Her voice just grates. Wish she'd shut the fuck up for once!

Oh, and...I'm with Mokong. Change your name back to Javhardy, if only for a while. :smile:

They do sort of need to drop the Diva's stuff. Yes, some of them are rather attractive (Kelly Kelly and Maria, especially), but the whole thing just annoys me. And it's true about their chests, just look at Jillian Hall: Massive rack but otherwise completely annoying. Her voice just grates. Wish she'd shut the fuck up for once!

But that's her gimmick! :heh:

The voice, not the boobs, that is.

I didn't mean when she sings, just when she talks.

Even when she isn't singing, her voice gets on my tits.

You can hear her yelling and screaming during a match. Aaagh, she's got such an irritating voice! :shakehead

You can hear her yelling and screaming during a match. Aaagh, she's got such an irritating voice! :shakehead

Once again:

But that's her gimmick! :heh:

She keeps doing an annoying voice to maintain the gimmick.

But if you really hate her normal voice (I can't remember the last time she spoke normally, though), then I suppose nothing can be done.

Couldn't agree more with Jillians voice, such a terror to hear it.

As for Edge...I don't think he's with Lita or Vickie

It didn't really start as a story, just that WWE didn't want a huge fight between 2 top stars, but it turned into a good story in the end. It was a real relationship between Matt and Lita, and she cheated on him for Edge. Watch the Twist of Fate DVD to find out more, or go on Youtube.

It didn't really start as a story, just that WWE didn't want a huge fight between 2 top stars, but it turned into a good story in the end. It was a real relationship between Matt and Lita, and she cheated on him for Edge. Watch the Twist of Fate DVD to find out more, or go on Youtube.

I don't think Matt was ever officially fired though was he, he was just kept off TV for a while as Edge was on a huge main event title push. It was made public the fact that WWE had "fired" Matt but was this for real or was it a work? Just while they thought of what to do because he was just off the back of the momentum from the V1 gimmick and surely actually firing him for real would have given him a HUGE legal case against WWE. I still love what the WWE did with this storyline and I have a truly massive amount of respect for Hardy for actually going through with it and still going to work while they were both there.

@ Womens Wrestling: In the WWE it's getting better, some decent wrestlers and entertainers amongst them... and hey not all of them are big chested, look at Maria and McCool their normal size ;)

I loved when Trish came back for that one time show at Xmas... wish she was back for real.

What I don't like is the new Diva's Championship, I don't feel they really have the need for a 2nd womens title and even calling it the "Diva's Title" makes it sound silly (I never liked the word Diva for some reason... makes it seem like none of them know how to wrestle at all).

It's cool Gail is coming back, I never understood why they let her go in the first place, I'd assume she's gonna be on Raw?

I'd also like to see Stephine McMahon get in the ring again, I got a soft spot for her which steadily gets harder when she's on screen :heh:

Slight related, did I read somewhere that Inferno from the new UK Gladiators is trying to get into Wrestling

I know. The whole love triangle was real. I just don't know exactly when they turned it into a storyline.

I remember Jerry Lawler said in his book that he fucking hates women wrestling.. haha i always thought it was an ironic comment.. "PUPPIES" and what not

Yeah, he fancies them all and thats what keeps him entertained, not the actual wrestling. I dont mind it, they arn't that bad. Mondays RAW match between Kelly Kelly and Jillian was alright. Nice finnisher from KK at the end.

RAW was actually really good i thought this week. I'm loving the HBK/JBL stuff. It's a great storyline. The tag match was pretty sweet at the end too. I'm also loving Kofi, he's so cool. He got a bit done in this week so couldn't do as much high-flying as usual, but he is awesome. When he does that fake-suicide dive and springs back into the ring, how the hell does he do that?!

It was also confirmed that ol' Vince will be back in two weeks which is always entertaining!

Look forward to Smackdown this weekend :)

Couldn't agree more with Jillians voice, such a terror to hear it.

Is this what you refer to? I could only survive 35 seconds.

She pisses me off! Its quite funny at first, but urgh.

Downloading Smackdown at the moment. Triple H Triple Showdown! Going to be awesome. Plus more Jeff of course :D

She pisses me off! Its quite funny at first, but urgh.

Downloading Smackdown at the moment. Triple H Triple Showdown! Going to be awesome. Plus more Jeff of course :D

Was a good Smackdown, good Triple Showdown as well. Tag title match was quite good as well. Also WWE are doing a "Hit and Run" story, probably involving a potential returning Christian no doubt.

What channelings is it shown on? Still Sky One?

They stopped showing the main shows on Sky One (well, all they showed was Smackdown) and its all on Sky Sports 3 or Xtra these days. I have seen from time to time the highlight shows

Yeah i think Experience is on Sky One on saturday/sunday afternoon about 11am. Well it used to be a few months back.

Havn't watched Smack yet but looking forward to it.

I think they are level to be honest. I'm enjoying both at the moment. Smackdown wasn't as good as id hoped this week though. Table match wasn't bad, handicap match was lame, and the last-man-standing match was only okay. Big Show is too boring. Plus it was a pretty shit ending. Was the announce table supposed to break? It looked kind of dodgy as if it went wrong, but then again, this is Smackdown and if something goes wrong they just do it again dont they as its not live?

The Jeff stuff was lame too. The police and mobile-phone coverage was exactly the same. I understand it would be too unbelievable to have someone catch the actual accident on their camera phone, but i just thought it was a bit of an anti-climax. Jeff's g/f looked nice too and we barely got a good look at her! lol. Ah well. He's back in action next week :)